Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

markstanco

It's from a Boston University student made promotional video, based on the Breakfast Club. It's actually even more adorkable. Also, if you don't find yourself bouncing along to Liztomania, you have no beating heart. 

Here's the original those MAGA chuckle heads took it from.

(I'm a tard and don't know how to embed youtube)

Edited by Bateshorn

19 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

What was the point of overdubbing the audio on the "scandalous" video?

17 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

giphy.gif

I think we know the answer . . . by getting rid of the bouncy melody, the boys & girls, the obvious light-heartedness of the video, we can focus solely on AOC dancing solo to a tribal (Bo Diddley, hand jive) beat and make her look like a fucking stripper.

Edited by jimmyjazz

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

I'm gonna be honest with you....you're probably not gonna think I'm as cute as she is.

We're gonna need to put on a dress and some makeup so we can do a side by side comparison.

So excited she's finally an official member of one of the three chambers of government.

And this is the kind of casual, pervasive misogyny that the right engages in and is so often dismissed with a “Quit being such a sensitive girl” whenever it’s pointed out.

I hope she continues to drive the PePe, 4chan, incels absolutely crazy just by existing.
It's not just misogyny. She's also young and brown. It's the trifecta of old white guy fears.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

OMG she's smiling, having fun, and dancing! What a nitwit!

I guess the incel community is a bigger threat than I originally thought. 

I can’t wait to leave work and jack off to that video and the picture of her in that blue dress. She gets me very hard. I’d love to fuck her. I like her a lot 

28 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

It's millennial rooftop footloose. 

And the churchy preachy gop Twitter trolls are irate!

I betya Tucker Carlson will have a scolding judgy breakdown of her every salacious dance step, exactly like an unintentional parody of dancing with the stars. 

1 hour ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

She gets me very hard. I’d love to fuck her. I like her a lot 

As long as you were a mute, you might have a shot.  Otherwise, the moment you opened your mouth she would openly mock your ass and shoot you down like you were a Iraqi MiG.

5 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

What a gotcha backfire. It's a Boston University promotional film, with their mascot dancing etc. I'm from Boston and normally Bostonites are very "how bout them apples" abrasive. This otoh is probably the most charming, wholsome and lovely college video you could ever see, other than of course our video of our mascot "dancing" with UGA.

AOC is no UGA.

I like this chick and this makes me like her more. But lets be honest, alt-right trolling shouldn't be news. The "librul mainstream media" stuff is nonsense, but there is a valid criticism of major news going full clickbait. How it it newsworthy that some incel twitterer posted something really stupid about this video? It just gives them a broader platform to spread their idiocy.

• Like 2

Just now, 'stache said:

I like this chick and this makes me like her more. But lets be honest, alt-right trolling shouldn't be news. The "librul mainstream media" stuff is nonsense, but there is a valid criticism of major news going full clickbait. How it it newsworthy that some incel twitterer posted something really stupid about this video? It just gives them a broader platform to spread their idiocy.

It’s the Trump phenomenon in reverse.  Why the fuck should anyone paid attention to Trump’s birther shtick in 2012?  Let’s keep platforming this idiot and his moronic takes until he becomes president!  

• Like 1

Shame on her.  Everyone knows that women aren't allowed to have fun in college.  You might say "get a grip, it's just dancing", but a woman dancing is how the devil tricks innocent men into premarital sex...which means she's not only an amoral slut but also a tool of Satan.

Nobody with a brain can argue that fact...and now she's in a position of power in our government?  God help us...or rather, Trump help us.

Edited by DixonHur

10 minutes ago, Asithappens said:

She needs to shut up, buckle down, and learn how the system works.

So far, it doesn't look good for her.

Oh look, a man telling a woman to shut up, learn her place and not speak up.  How 1919 of you.

Edited by Js1

14 minutes ago, Asithappens said:

She needs to shut up, buckle down, and learn how the system works.

So far, it doesn't look good for her.

System hasn't been working. It is old and outdated. She doesn't need to learn how to use punch cards and typewriters. She needs to throw them out. 

Let me explain a bit.

AOC presenting a bill (or whatever it is she did) for "green" energy and having it go down in flames doesn't bolster her political credentials. For her to actually accomplish something, and not just beat her chest with feel-good progressive platitudes, she's going to have to buckle down. Imo, that is. Some obviously feel otherwise.

And I don't quite see the logic in equating steak-selling Trump (and my supposed support/condoning of him) to hoping that AOC earns her stripes and can be a source of meaningful change (again, not just spout progressive platitudes). 

I also don't see the sexist/misogynistic connection that some are trying to make. 

7 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

System hasn't been working. It is old and outdated. She doesn't need to learn how to use punch cards and typewriters. She needs to throw them out. 

Yeah, punchcards and typewriters aren't the system I'm talking about (and I get your point).

If she (and you) want to change the system, she should probably master it first, don't you think? Maybe you don't think that. I do. 

1 minute ago, Asithappens said:

Yeah, punchcards and typewriters aren't the system I'm talking about (and I get your point).

If she (and you) want to change the system, she should probably master it first, don't you think? Maybe you don't think that. I do. 

Troll.

1 minute ago, Royalfan5 said:

So you feel the same about all the Republican waste of time go down in flame bills that have been introduced over the years too then? 

I do. AOC is the Freedom Caucus of the left. I agree with a lot of her ideals, but most of what she is going to do (I'm guessing) will be so far out of the main stream that it will go nowhere. Just bluster and stunts. Gets media coverage and lots of likes on twitter, red meat for the base. But hard way to get bills passed. 

1 minute ago, Asithappens said:

No.

Your hunches aren't too good.

Perhaps, but your misogynistic views aren't too good, either.

So what if she is outspoken, doesn't know her role yet, etc. She's accountable to one congressional district in the entire country.  In two years, if that district does not like what they see in her, they can choose to replace her.

What I find amusing is people who fret and bitch and moan about a freshman representative and her methods who has (unless they live in her district) absolutely no standing over them.

2 minutes ago, Royalfan5 said:

So you feel the same about all the Republican waste of time go down in flame bills that have been introduced over the years too then? 

No.

Why would you even think that? 

I mean really, this is just a very bad method of argument, imo, saying "oh, so b/c you think this about the dems then you must feel the same about all the similar stuff the GOP has done). 

Um, no. Look at the bills, the content, the purpose, who was presenting them, the party in power, what needs to be changed, who can change them, what needs/should be done to increase the odds of making those changes. 

I kind of blame the increase in law school graduates and the whole "thinking like a internet lawyer) thing. It leads to a lot of weak critical thinking. 

I don't want to see AOC marginalized b/c of her idealism and inexperience. She's in the House now. Time for her to get to work. 

• hayden_horn changed the title to Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez