Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

markstanco

6 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Republicans are deep down just such weird fucking people.

They think they got her in some "lie" about her upbringing.  She mentions Yorktown in every one of her bios and that commuting from the Bronx to Yorktown for school was her first glimpse of inequality between classes

lol That “privileged high school “?

The public one? The one she lists on her bio on her website? The one she’s mentioned in speeches and interviews? The one she’s used as an example of her parents’ sacrifice to give her a quality education and how zip codes can reinforce inequality and prevent smart but poor kids from moving up?

Yeah, she really kept that on the downlow.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

Why are you people, on both sides, obsessed with this nobody burger? Especially if you live in Plano or Woodlands or Circle C

Anybody who says ________ "burger" ought to be fed to pigs. That's so out, as out as Facebook or Snapchat or (lol) Pininterest.

Stop saying blah blah blah burger, say blah blah blah taco. Or blah blah blah crepe.

Imo she's clearly an everything bagel anyway.

10 hours ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

Why are you people, on both sides, obsessed with this nobody burger? Especially if you live in Plano or Woodlands or Circle C

Fuck "Circle C".

Edited by ADHD
  • Like 1

Just now, happyfunball said:

AOC is another Republican case study that they will manufacture a controversy to fit their narrative. Dems need to stop taking strategy advice from Republicans

WILLIE HORTON!!!

BURNING THE FLAG!!!

PROTESTING ON FOREIGN SHORES!!!

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!

11 hours ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

Because she's about the only Democrat with any balls to call out her own party to push for better policies regarding fighting climate change, taking money from mega-corporations, push for better safety nets and Medicare for All.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, happyfunball said:

AOC is another Republican case study that they will manufacture a controversy to fit their narrative. Dems need to stop taking strategy advice from Republicans

In what way are they playing into their narrative with AOC?

1 hour ago, lemonlime said:

I fucking love the people who voted donald trump accusing anyone of being "unlikable."  

Trump is a known unlikeable. Unlikeable before he ran, during his campaign, and as the current potus. I like Obama, and I don’t like trump. I voted for trump and not Obama. 

I have no thoughts on liking or unliking aoc- there is not enough out there to draw that conclusion.

Edited by riloh05

I'm just going to say it:  She's immediately one of the hotter people in DC.  She gives good social media and interview.  She's got an identifiable brand.

I don't agree with all of her policies, but I'd rather listen to her, than 3/4 of the traditional trolls and creeps that work the sunday shows.

Which would you prefer?  Her or listening to Ben Sasse spout the same Serious Concern bullshit he's been laying down for the last 4 years.

Edited by Bateshorn
  • Like 8

40 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

OMG she's smiling, having fun, and dancing! What a nitwit!

I guess the incel community is a bigger threat than I originally thought. 

Well, she is in High School so she's allowed to act like a teen.  Looks like they're willing to vet her more than Kavanaugh. 

21 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

Well, she is in High School so she's allowed to act like a teen.  Looks like they're willing to vet her more than Kavanaugh. 

Wait.....the criticism here is that -- and let me get this right -- a cute girl made a video of herself dancing and looking happy in high school?

For real....this is a scandal and reflects poorly on her?  What the everloving fuck?  Seriously, we elected a man who brags on tape about grabbing women by the pussy, we install a SCOTUS justice who bragged about being a drunk in high school (hey, I ain't throwing stones about that particular fact)....but we attack a woman for making a happy dancing video?  Seriously, that's some twisted shit.  What the hell is wrong with that?  She's young, pretty, and happy.  Fuck, I'd hope that everyone had a video of themselves being happy.  The world could use more of that.

• Like 4

A video of an attractive, vivacious young woman having fun dancing is grounds for criticism.

The same people don't acknowledge tape of top GOPs (including Paul Ryan) talking about Putin paying  Trump and Rohrabacher. That's a smoking gun.

But we live in idiot world and hate smart young women.

KIEV, Ukraine — A month before Donald Trump clinched the Republican nomination, one of his closest allies in Congress — House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy — made a politically explosive assertion in a private conversation on Capitol Hill with his fellow GOP leaders: that Trump could be the beneficiary of payments from Russian President Vladimir Putin.

“There’s two people I think Putin pays: Rohrabacher and Trump,” McCarthy (R-Calif.) said, according to a recording of the June 15, 2016, exchange, which was listened to and verified by The Washington Post. Rep. Dana Rohrabacher is a Californian Republican known in Congress as a fervent defender of Putin and Russia.

House Speaker Paul D. Ryan (R-Wis.) immediately interjected, stopping the conversation from further exploring McCarthy’s assertion, and swore the Republicans present to secrecy.

I hate these people.

• Like 1

• hayden_horn changed the title to Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez