2025 NFL Draft

Wulaw Horn

After setting a Longhorn record today for a 7 round draft, next year will be much better than this year in all probability. 
Our highest ranked guy this year was #16. We had 11 guys drafted. Both should be eclipsed fairly easily next year. Call your shot here and now…

Total- 16- new record for a 7 round draft  

Quinn, Blue, Helm, Golden, Bond, Boldon, Banks, Major

Sorrell, Collins, Barron, Makuba, Savea, Holmes

i think all those guys get drafted. Give me one more offensive lineman that ends up being a 3 year guy (Campbell or Williams) and one more defensive player on the line. 

Quinn and Banks go top 10 and one of the receivers sneaks in to first round. 

After all that happens we go into 2025 more talented than 2024. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

Posted (edited)

Quinn goes number 1 overall

Round 1 - Ewers, Blue, Bond, Banks

Round 2 - Collins, Barron

Round 3 - Majors, Golden

Round 4 - Sorrell, Mukuba, Helm

Round 5 - Blackwell

Round 6 - Holmes

I think most of the juniors will come back for another year. One of the myriad transfer DL probably gets drafted as well.

Edited by Bevo14
  • Hook 'Em 6

Gerry Hamilton (OTF)

Texas Longhorns and the 2025 NFL Draft 

A few Texas Longhorns will continue to hear their name called today in the fourth through seventh round of the 2024 NFL Draft. 

In the day or two following the conclusion of the 2024 draft, the way-too-early 2025 mock drafts will begin being published. 

Before those start hitting the internet, I'm providing a list of where I think the 2025 draft eligible Longhorns start ahead of the 2024 season.

2025 NFL Draft projections

Quinn Ewers, QB, senior - 1st round (12-15)

Kelvin Banks, OT, junior - 1st round (10-20)

Isaiah Bond, WR, junior - 2nd or 3rd round

Trey Moore, LB/EDGE, junior - 3rd or 4th

Amari Niblack, TE, junior - 3rd or 4th round

Alfred Collins, DL, senior - 3rd or 4th round

Andrew Mukuba, S, senior - 4th or 5th round

Jahdae Barron, N, senior - 4th to 6th round

Gunnar Helm, TE, senior - 4th to 6th

Barryn Sorrell, EDGE, senior - 5th to 7th 

Jake Majors, C, senior - late/UDFA

Tia Savea, DL, senior - UDFA

Bill Norton, DL, senior - UDFA

Silas Bolden, WR, senior - UDFA

Bert Auburn, K, senior - UDFA

Will the 2026 NFL Draft be the best yet for Texas?

DJ Campbell, OG, Arlington (Texas) Bowie

Ethan Burke, EDGE, Austin (Texas) Westlake 

Cameron Williams, RT, Duncanville (Texas) High

Jaydon Blue, RB, Klein (Texas) Cain 

Matthew Golden, WR, Klein (Texas) Cain

Cole Hutson, OG, Frisco (Texas) High

Malik Muhammad, CB, Dallas (Texas) South Oak Cliff

Anthony Hill, LB, Denton (Texas) Ryan

Derek Williams, S, New Iberia (La.) Westgate 

Cedric Baxter Jr., RB, Orlando (Fla.) Edgewater

Deandre Moore Jr., WR, Bellflower (Calif.) St. John Bosco

Johntay Cook II, WR, DeSoto (Texas) High

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Gerry Hamilton (OTF)

A few Texas Longhorns will continue to hear their name called today in the fourth through seventh round of the 2024 NFL Draft. 

In the day or two following the conclusion of the 2024 draft, the way-too-early 2025 mock drafts will begin being published. 

Before those start hitting the internet, I'm providing a list of where I think the 2025 draft eligible Longhorns start ahead of the 2024 season.

Gerry has 11 getting drafted, Blue not coming out and none of the portal guys going. He sits down to pee. He and Bobby were like “maybe we get 7 or 8 guys drafted all pre season- which was pretty laughable when you consider they had Quin  and Barron gone for sure. 
for him to have 12 guys shows you just how stacked it’s going to be. 
also- my guess is we have 2 more drafted guys coming in this round of the portal still that haven’t yet been identified. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Holmes is not getting drafted based on last year. Maybe he makes a jump. 

Holmes can be our placeholder then for whoever starts opposite Manny- either him or a corner from the portal. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Had Enough said:

That’s awfully aggressive.  Holmes and Blackwell No.

Blue won’t be considered a 3 down back so no round 1.  Majors no round 3.

Brooghton in 6.  Juan Davis in 7.

Do we get credit for Brooks?

Really? I was being conservative.

Blue will fuck this season. He's the next great Texas RB. It'll be that Jamaal Charles junior year type of jump.

Edited by Bevo14

Banks and Ewers are top 10.  Bond first round maybe.  That’s not really going out on a limb.  We have more talent than we have had in a very long time.  Kind of nice.

A buddy who is a big Georgia guy and I were talking today.  He laughed about the possibility of Sanders or Milroe getting drafted before Beck and Ewers.  Going to be fun to watch.

29 minutes ago, Fud said:

Why not?

If he were to come out next year, I’m going with the assumption that Baxter will get a 50% share and a stronger majority of short yardage/goalline reps.

The first round RBs of late fit a bit different profile than Blue.  And obviously there are not many in the first place.  I view him more in the Pollard, CEH profile (but more upside) than McCaffrey, Saquan, Bijan, Breece Hall type.

I am not one to limit the possibility of Blue being a 3 down guy so it’s as much about having the opportunities to prove he can do it for an extended period of time to warrant a 1st round pick.  I do believe some at the NFL level  do see that limitation and his opportunities next year won’t be as such to convince others differently. 

Posted (edited)

Tashard Choice has told Blue to model his game after Jahmyr Gibbs, as he sees them as very similar players (Blue talks about it on “3rd & Longhorn” and may have even mentioned it in his media availability). Gibbs went in the first to Detroit. Just saying it doesn’t will it into existence, but that’s the comp with skill sets, and Choice would know. Adding this:

Edited by Vito Andolini
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Bevo14 said:

Really? I was being conservative.

Blue will fuck this season. He's the next great Texas RB. It'll be that Jamaal Charles junior year type of jump.

Total numbers you’re probably in the ballpark. This year had a lot of picks from the high profile teams - final 4, Georgia.  That may well continue so I’d put us as odds on favorite to be in that group again.

I wouldn’t put money on Juan Davis getting drafted but just riding the wave of a positive report or two.  I’d like Gbenda to get drafted since he’s hung in there.  He plays hard and is physical.  No idea actually how fast or agile he is though.

Gibbs for Blue seems reasonable from a skill set standpoint so that’s a good path to follow for him.

Maybe there are more NFL guys out there willing to draft an RB high and have them split time at least in the short term.  I never thought Bijan was that guy, but he had to give up reps last year.  I’m not to the point of believing others think like Dan Campbell.

9: Ewers, Blue, Bond, Banks, Sorrell, Collins, Moore, Barron, Mukuba

No idea on Savea. I could see Campbell and/or Williams having a good year and going early. Suppose it’s possible that Moore returns (he’s won’t be a high pick even if productive because of size). I’ll set the O/U at 10.5 and take the under. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, tokamak said:

9: Ewers, Blue, Bond, Banks, Sorrell, Collins, Moore, Barron, Mukuba

No idea on Savea. I could see Campbell and/or Williams having a good year and going early. Suppose it’s possible that Moore returns (he’s won’t be a high pick even if productive because of size). I’ll set the O/U at 10.5 and take the under. 

Bet on over. You also aren’t factoring in 1 or 2 guys from the portal that are not on the roster yet. Helms going to get drafted too I’d bet for sure. Another WR. 

Blue is absolutely getting drafted, and probably second round, or even late first. Choice said he's a better Gibbs, and I'll believe Choice. He's a 3 down back regardless of what Surly thinks. His hands are soft, he's proving he's willing to go north-south, and he's added a ton of muscle. I'll bet he gets drafted pretty high come 2025. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Bevo14 said:

Quinn goes number 1 overall

Round 1 - Ewers, Blue, Bond, Banks

Round 2 - Collins, Barron

Round 3 - Majors, Golden

Round 4 - Sorrell, Mukuba, Helm

Round 5 - Blackwell

Round 6 - Holmes

I think most of the juniors will come back for another year. One of the myriad transfer DL probably gets drafted as well.

Going to need to be a lot of change in his game for Quinn to go number 1 next year…. But I appreciate your positive attitude lol.  If he’s still floating all balls over 20 yards there’s 0 chance that happens. 

Edited by Hook1997

13 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Gerry has 11 getting drafted, Blue not coming out and none of the portal guys going. He sits down to pee. He and Bobby were like “maybe we get 7 or 8 guys drafted all pre season- which was pretty laughable when you consider they had Quin  and Barron gone for sure. 
for him to have 12 guys shows you just how stacked it’s going to be. 
also- my guess is we have 2 more drafted guys coming in this round of the portal still that haven’t yet been identified. 

Not to mention that at the beginning of the season they thought there was a good chance that Byron Murphy would come back and didn't view him as even a potential mid round pick.  

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, Had Enough said:

If he were to come out next year, I’m going with the assumption that Baxter will get a 50% share and a stronger majority of short yardage/goalline reps.

The first round RBs of late fit a bit different profile than Blue.  And obviously there are not many in the first place.  I view him more in the Pollard, CEH profile (but more upside) than McCaffrey, Saquan, Bijan, Breece Hall type.

I am not one to limit the possibility of Blue being a 3 down guy so it’s as much about having the opportunities to prove he can do it for an extended period of time to warrant a 1st round pick.  I do believe some at the NFL level  do see that limitation and his opportunities next year won’t be as such to convince others differently. 

Blue profiles similarly to the usage of Jahmyr Gibbs during his final college season.  I fully expect as the year goes on Blue's number of carries will ultimately fall just a tick below that of Baxter's with something around 145 to 150 carries to Baxter's 160 to 170. And Blue will have more receptions.  

21 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Blue profiles similarly to the usage of Jahmyr Gibbs during his final college season.  I fully expect as the year goes on Blue's number of carries will ultimately fall just a tick below that of Baxter's with something around 145 to 150 carries to Baxter's 160 to 170. And Blue will have more receptions.  

Very well could match that usage.  In exposure/usage, Blue trails Gibbs by a year.  Wasn’t Gibbs the top transfer RB when he went to Bama?  I’d expect him to top 1,000 yards.  The original point was Blue selected in the 1st.  It certainly could happen.  I’m merely betting against it even more so next year than if he were to come out the following year.

RBs are valued less so we’re likely talking 1-2 taken in the 1st at most.  

Since 2020, you have CEH, Najee Harris, Travis Etienne, Bijan and Jahmyr as 1st round guys.

Three of those guys had multiple big years in college.  One that didn’t is the bust of the bunch and was beat out by a younger, 7th round guy.  He was the guy and had around 1,900 yards from scrimmage his last year at LSU.

Blue is a bit on the taller side and more slightly built than the rest.  He hasn’t played extended snaps and hasn’t been a starter.  We don’t know yet how good a pass catcher he is at this point.

Merely speculation on my part, but two of those 5 picks wouldn’t be made again.  Maybe even a third.  The Steelers have gotten better value out of a free agent than Harris.  Pacheco over CEH.  Bijan didn’t have a great season for a top 10 pick (not saying it’s his fault).

No doubt Gibbs is the best comp.  He is the only comp of that bunch.  When the Lions selected him, they had 3 of the first 34 picks as well.  They signed a quality RB to share the load. And Dan Campbell is a wild card.

Teams are trending away from spending resources on RBs.  KC has won super bowls with low round picks, castoffs and low profile RBs leading the way.  It may be the position with the shortest lifespan for quality players.

All that said I applaud the projection.  If it comes to be, he likely had a far better season than most would project.

17 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

After setting a Longhorn record today for a 7 round draft, next year will be much better than this year in all probability. 
Our highest ranked guy this year was #16. We had 11 guys drafted. Both should be eclipsed fairly easily next year. Call your shot here and now…

Total- 16- new record for a 7 round draft  

Quinn, Blue, Helm, Golden, Bond, Boldon, Banks, Major

Sorrell, Collins, Barron, Makuba, Savea, Holmes

i think all those guys get drafted. Give me one more offensive lineman that ends up being a 3 year guy (Campbell or Williams) and one more defensive player on the line. 

Quinn and Banks go top 10 and one of the receivers sneaks in to first round. 

After all that happens we go into 2025 more talented than 2024. 

God bless your optimism. I'm not quite that bullish but I don't think you're crazy. 

13 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

tenor.gif

• Hook 'Em 2

Always enjoy the takes from early mock season. Wonder how this one (full of notable names from Surly past) will age.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2025-nfl-mock-draft-shedeur-sanders-travis-hunter-headline-way-too-early-look-at-next-years-class/

Spoiler

#1 Sheduer Sanders

#2 Travis Hunter

#4 Harold Perkins

#6 Carson Beck

#9 Cam Ward

#11 Princely Umanmielan

#12 Quinn Ewers

#15 Noah Thomas

#16 Donovan Jackson

#20 Evan Stewart

#21 Kelvin Banks Jr.

#22 Denver Harris

#23 Landon Jackson

#25 Jalen Milroe

#29 Shemar Turner

#30 Collin Oliver

Always enjoy the takes from early mock season. Wonder how this one (full of notable names from Surly past) will age.
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2025-nfl-mock-draft-shedeur-sanders-travis-hunter-headline-way-too-early-look-at-next-years-class/
Spoiler

#1 Sheduer Sanders
#2 Travis Hunter
#4 Harold Perkins
#6 Carson Beck
#9 Cam Ward
#11 Princely Umanmielan
#12 Quinn Ewers
#15 Noah Thomas
#16 Donovan Jackson
#20 Evan Stewart
#21 Kelvin Banks Jr.
#22 Denver Harris
#23 Landon Jackson
#25 Jalen Milroe
#29 Shemar Turner
#30 Collin Oliver

Wouldnt touch Sanders for anything. Lot of potential. Not getting coached up. Shows little leadership ability. I predict operation shutdown after 8 games.

If Im the New York Giants next year. I make sure to build up Daniel Jones
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 4/27/2024 at 7:32 PM, LTtxfan said:

Gerry Hamilton (OTF)

Wow

Sark dawg better reload quick around Archie

thank God we’ve been hitting the portal so well

2 minutes ago, Fud said:

Because why? No Ewers?

The top-8 are fine, as far as this kind of thing goes. But then  it gets weird. Quinshon Judkins is not a first round RB, in any way shape or form. Riley Leonard as a first round QB is bananas - do you know how many TD passes he threw last season? Three. That's it. I know he got injured but my point is less about the lack of production and more about...who the fuck is he? He has shockingly good wheels for a white QB from Duke and nothing else, yet he's in this guy's first round?

And also, no Ewers. Who is going 1/1 after we win the NCG.

• Hook 'Em 2

Ewers will obviously need to have an effective year, but he demonstrated during the Texas Pro Day the arm talent to be a high first rounder. That was a brilliant move by Sark to get him that experience. It also gave the scouts and coaches in attendance a preview. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mother mopar said:
8 hours ago, Fud said:
Because why? No Ewers?

1 QB in the top 20, I'll bet the house someone takes one long before that.

It’s not a mock draft 

Posted (edited)
On 4/27/2024 at 7:32 PM, Had Enough said:

That’s awfully aggressive.  Holmes and Blackwell No.

Blue won’t be considered a 3 down back so no round 1.  Majors no round 3.

Brooghton in 6.  Juan Davis in 7.

Do we get credit for Brooks?

Blue's biggest issue will be the depth at RB next year. This was a really bad RB year and it helped Brooks. Next year you have guys like Judkins, Ollie Gordon, Treyvon Henderson, Etienne, PSU guys, Edwards, Tajh Brooks (tech). Things can change, but it is expected to be a loaded RB class with a lot of returning production. 

https://www.nflmockdraftdatabase.com/big-boards/2025/consensus-big-board-2025?pos=RB

Edited by Codaxx

1 hour ago, closetohumping said:

Most Mock Drafts I've seen doesn't even have Quinn in the first round. They have Beck, Sanders and its between Ewers and Milroe.

Between Arch's Spring game and the disrespect for the draft next year, I hope this lights a fire under his ass.