2025 NFL Draft

Wulaw Horn

30 minutes ago, D3zii said:

Most Mock Drafts I've seen doesn't even have Quinn in the first round. They have Beck, Sanders and its between Ewers and Milroe.

Between Arch's Spring game and the disrespect for the draft next year, I hope this lights a fire under his ass. 

Was listening to the Dan Patrick show.  Some betting service had Quinn and beck with second best odds to be #1 pick

The Banks comp is Rashawn Slater, who went 13th in a draft that had four QBs go before that pick and was otherwise loaded in the top ten. In a weaker draft, Banks could go a bit higher if he has the same prospect profile. 

• Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, Codaxx said:

Blue's biggest issue will be the depth at RB next year. This was a really bad RB year and it helped Brooks. Next year you have guys like Judkins, Ollie Gordon, Treyvon Henderson, Etienne, PSU guys, Edwards, Tajh Brooks (tech). Things can change, but it is expected to be a loaded RB class with a lot of returning production. 

https://www.nflmockdraftdatabase.com/big-boards/2025/consensus-big-board-2025?pos=RB

Blue's biggest issue won't be those guys.  Those guys' biggest issue will be Blue.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

You freaks thinking Ewers goes #1 overall....

I’ve glanced at a couple of those stupid “way to early “ 2025 mock drafts and they generally have Ewers as the 3rd QB taken after Sanders and Beck. 

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

I’ve glanced at a couple of those stupid “way to early “ 2025 mock drafts and they generally have Ewers as the 3rd QB taken after Sanders and Beck. 

Don't get me wrong I hope he makes the superstar turn this year and I would love nothing more than for him to go #1 overall..... I just think it's a tremendous leap given his injury history and his jekyll/hyde tendencies.  I will be happy if he goes top 15 and opens the door for Arch Madness.

If an unbiased 3rd party mock draft site puts him #1 pre-season then they should be discounted as absolute frauds.

Edited by Pimphand

Any mock that has Jalen fucking Milroe going in the first round can take that sheet of opinion, wipe their ass with it, and toss it with last year's mock where they fucking failed, too. In no universe does Milroe go in the first round, ever. He's wildly inconsistent, and the Jalen Hurts comps are lazy at best. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Pimphand said:

Don't get me wrong I hope he makes the superstar turn this year and I would love nothing more than for him to go #1 overall..... I just think it's a tremendous leap given his injury history and his jekyll/hyde tendencies.  I will be happy if he goes top 15 and opens the door for Arch Madness.

If an unbiased 3rd party mock draft site puts him #1 pre-season then they should be discounted as absolute frauds.

Based on this recent draft, I am not going to question people over-ranking QBs. 

• Like 1

Brugler's initial 2025 mock

1) Carolina- Mykel Williams- DL- Georgia
2) Tennessee- Carson Beck- QB- Georgia
3) New England- Mason Graham- DT- Michigan
4) Denver- Will Campbell- OT- LSU
5) Las Vegas- Will Johnson- CB- Michigan
6) NYG- Kelvin Banks- OT- Texas
7) Arizona- Abdul Carter- Edge- Penn State
'8) Minnesota- Benjamin Morrison- CB- Notre Dame
9) New Orleans- Travis Hunter- CB/WR- Colorado
10) Tampa Bay- James Pearce Jr- Edge- Tennessee
11) Washington- Tetairoa McMillan- WR- Arizona
12) Indianapolis- Malaki Starks- S- Georgia
13) Seattle- Harold Pernkins Jr- LB- LSU
14) Pittsburgh- Quinn Ewers- QB- Texas
15) Jacksonville- Denzel Burke- CB- Ohio State
16) Cleveland- Earnest Breene III- OT- Georgia
17) LAR- Luther Burden III- WR- Missouri
18) Chicago- Deone Walker- DT- Kentucky
19) LAC- Colston Loveland- TE- Michigan
20) Atlanta- Nic Scourton- Edge- Texas A&M
21) Miami- Shemar Turner- DT- Texas A&M
22) NYJ- Shedeur Sanders- QB- Colorado
23) Green Bay- Walter Nolen- DT- Ole Miss
24) Dallas- Isaiah Bond- WR- Texas
25) Philadelphia- Emery Jones Jr- OT- LSU
26) Houston- Dani Dennis-Sutton- Edge- Penn State
27) Cincinnati- JT Tuimoloau- Edge- Ohio State
28) Buffalo- Patrick Payton- Edge- Florida State
29) Detroit- Deion Burks- WR- Oklahoma
30) Baltimore- Landon Jackson- Edge- Arkansas
31) San Francisco- Josh Conerly- OT- Oregon
32) Kansas City- Tyler Booker- OG- Alabama

• Hook 'Em 2

Posted (edited)

Pretty good chance Colorado is ass this year and Sanders gets the fuck beat out of him behind a bad oline.  There's a very solid chance Ewers ends up going before him.

Edited by kevwun

16 hours ago, Pimphand said:

I don't think it's a "tremendous" leap at all. I think #1 overall is definitely projecting some growth for him in 2024, but IMO you don't have to squint your eyes too hard to see it. I think you're underrating him a bit as a Texas fan because we've watched every minute of the growing pains so far.

Consider all the following data points:

1. His arm talent is elite and always has been.
  2. He's young. This season will be essentially his true junior year. He turns 22 just a couple weeks before the 2025 draft.
  3. By the time of the draft, he will have 30+ starts against high level competition.
  4. Sark and Milwee have a documented history of developing QBs.
  5. He more than held his own against top competition as a true sophomore last year. Quinn's 2023 COMP%, Y/A, and QBR (69.0, 8.8, 158.6) are a close match to Michael Penix's (65.4, 8.8, 157.1). As you know, Penix was just drafted 8th overall, has a very concerning injury history, and is 45 years old.
  6. A QB has gone first overall in 7 out of the last 10 drafts. The only years they haven't are in major down years for QBs and an elite talent at EDGE goes #1:
    1. 2014: Blake Bortles 3rd overall, Jadeveon Clowney 1st
    2. 2017: Mitchell Trubisky 2nd, Myles Garrett 1st
    3. 2022: Kenny Pickett 20th, Travon Walker 1st

Modest growth over his 2023 performance would put his numbers right in line with recent top picks at QB. If he does that, stays healthy, plays well in some big games, and has a good pro day, he'll absolutely be right there in the conversation for 1.1. As we sit right now in April 2024, I'd probably handicap the odds like 1. Beck, 2. Ewers, 3. everyone else.

• Hook 'Em 2

One thing to consider is how many of the worst teams will be ready to move on from QBs they drafted 1-2 years before?

Carolina, Denver, Tennessee, NY Giants, Washington, Las Vegas,  Minnesota, and New England have the lowest win total over/unders.

I can see Tennessee, NY, Vegas drafting QBs. I could maybe see Carolina giving up on Bryce two years in. Denver is the dumbest franchise in the NFL now so who knows what they will do.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, fellside said:

One thing to consider is how many of the worst teams will be ready to move on from QBs they drafted 1-2 years before?

Carolina, Denver, Tennessee, NY Giants, Washington, Las Vegas,  Minnesota, and New England have the lowest win total over/unders.

I can see Tennessee, NY, Vegas drafting QBs. I could maybe see Carolina giving up on Bryce two years in. Denver is the dumbest franchise in the NFL now so who knows what they will do.

It all depends on whether or not Payton is right about Bo Nix. Denver had Nix graded as the best QB in the draft. We'll see if they are right.

I'm skeptical, but Payton has been right on this before.

Edited by The Dog
didn't get my history right

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, The Dog said:

I'm skeptical, but Payton has been right on this before (and horribly wrong with Wilson).

He’s not the one who traded for him or sign him to that terrible contact. Psyton didn’t like him from the get go. He told him early on to concentrate more on the Broncos and less on Russell Wilson. Was he wrong about that?

Edited by TonyTexas

54 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

He’s not the one who traded for him or sign him to that terrible contact. Psyton didn’t like him from the get go. He told him early on to concentrate more on the Broncos and less on Russell Wilson. Was he wrong about that?

nope. I stand corrected he was brought in before Payton was hired.

Who was Payton right on it before?  Brees?  Brees wasn't drafted by Payton he was traded for.  He was already a successful NFL QB in San Diego then he got injured and SD let him walk because they had Rivers.  Sure you can give Payton credit for Brees flourishing even more in his system, but that's hardly apples to apples identifying the right college QB. 

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Who was Payton right on it before?  Brees?  Brees wasn't drafted by Payton he was traded for.  He was already a successful NFL QB in San Diego then he got injured and SD let him walk because they had Rivers.  Sure you can give Payton credit for Brees flourishing even more in his system, but that's hardly apples to apples identifying the right college QB. 

Saints were going to draft Mahomes before KC jumped ahead of them. 

15 minutes ago, The Dog said:

Saints were going to draft Mahomes before KC jumped ahead of them. 

He nailed that one.  Identifies Mahomes as a generational talent, but fails to draft him.  He probably also had his own plan to move up in the draft but someone unplugged the phones in the Saints war room.  

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Fud said:

Eyerolls at Sean Payton's claims

He said it back in 2018 prior to the season: https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2018/4/23/17272214/sean-payton-saints-would-have-taken-patrick-mahomes-with-pick-11

ETA: it was between Marshon Lattimore and Mahomes. Had the chefs taken Lattimore the Saints were going to take Mahomes. The chefs took Mahomes so the Saints took Lattimore who's turned out pretty well for them (defensive rookie of the year and four pro bowls prior to being injured the last two years).

Edited by The Dog
  • Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)

Sean Payton was also the guy who thought it was an awesome idea to sign Taysom Hill to significant money because he's decent at a bunch of random shit that has nothing to do with being a QB.

Edited by Pam Cummings

1 minute ago, Pam Cummings said:

Sean Payton was also the guy who thought it was an awesome idea to sign Taysom Hill to significant money because he's decent at a bunch of random shit that has nothing to do with being a QB.

In fairness to Payton, the only college tape he saw of Hill was against Texas.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 3

7 hours ago, Fud said:

Brugler's initial 2025 mock

1) Carolina- Mykel Williams- DL- Georgia
2) Tennessee- Carson Beck- QB- Georgia
3) New England- Mason Graham- DT- Michigan
4) Denver- Will Campbell- OT- LSU
5) Las Vegas- Will Johnson- CB- Michigan
6) NYG- Kelvin Banks- OT- Texas
7) Arizona- Abdul Carter- Edge- Penn State
'8) Minnesota- Benjamin Morrison- CB- Notre Dame
9) New Orleans- Travis Hunter- CB/WR- Colorado
10) Tampa Bay- James Pearce Jr- Edge- Tennessee
11) Washington- Tetairoa McMillan- WR- Arizona
12) Indianapolis- Malaki Starks- S- Georgia
13) Seattle- Harold Pernkins Jr- LB- LSU
14) Pittsburgh- Quinn Ewers- QB- Texas
15) Jacksonville- Denzel Burke- CB- Ohio State
16) Cleveland- Earnest Breene III- OT- Georgia
17) LAR- Luther Burden III- WR- Missouri
18) Chicago- Deone Walker- DT- Kentucky
19) LAC- Colston Loveland- TE- Michigan
20) Atlanta- Nic Scourton- Edge- Texas A&M
21) Miami- Shemar Turner- DT- Texas A&M
22) NYJ- Shedeur Sanders- QB- Colorado
23) Green Bay- Walter Nolen- DT- Ole Miss
24) Dallas- Isaiah Bond- WR- Texas
25) Philadelphia- Emery Jones Jr- OT- LSU
26) Houston- Dani Dennis-Sutton- Edge- Penn State
27) Cincinnati- JT Tuimoloau- Edge- Ohio State
28) Buffalo- Patrick Payton- Edge- Florida State
29) Detroit- Deion Burks- WR- Oklahoma
31) San Francisco- Josh Conerly- OT- Oregon
32) Kansas City- Tyler Booker- OG- Alabama

Having Pearce that low and not as the #1 edge isn’t something I’ve seen before.

Mostly recycling the same names

1) Trade- NYG- Carson Beck- QB- Georgia
2) Washington- Mykel Williams- Edge, Georgia
3) New England- Will Campbell- OT- LSU
4) Trade- Carolina- James Pearce Jr- Edge- Tennessee
5) Trade- Las Vegas- Shedeur Sanders- QB- Colorado
6) Denver- Kelvin Banks Jr- OT- Texas
7) Arizona- Will Johnson- CB- Michigan
'8) Minnesota- Mason Graham- DT- MIchigan
9) New Orleans- Abdul Carter- Edge- Penn State
10) Trade- Tennessee- Luther Burden III- WR- Missouri
11) Seattle Seahawks- Travis Hunter- CB- Colorado
12) Pittsburgh- Quinn Ewers- QB- Texas
13) Tampa Bay- Benjamin Morrison- CB- Notre Dame
14) Indianapolis- Malaki Starks- S- Georgia
15) Chicago- Patrick Payton- Edge- Florida State
16) LAC- Tetairoa McMillan- WR- Arizona
17) Jacksonville- Denzel Burke- CB- Ohio State
18) Cleveland- Emery Jones Jr- OT- LSU
19) LAR- Deone Walker- DT- Kentucky
20) Atlanta- Nic Scourton- Edge- A&M
21) NYJ- Emeka Egbuka- WR- Ohio State
22) Miami- Colston Loveland- TE- Michigan
23) Green Bay- JT Tuimoloau- Edge- Ohio State
24) Houston- Harold Perkins Jr- LB- LSU
25) Philadelphia- Dani Dennis Sutton- Edge- Penn State
26) Dallas- Evan Stewart- WR- Oregon
27) Buffalo- Isaiah Bond- WR- Texas
28) Cincinnati- Tyler Booker- G- Alabama
29) Detroit- Ashton Gillotte- Edge- Louisville
31) Kansas City- Kenneth Grant- DT- Michigan
32) San Francisco- Walter Nolen- DT- Ole Miss

Was listening to cowherd and wright.  Nick mentioned Quinn as a potential #1   Also mentioned beck but both didn’t think he was top five worthy 

both of them have said Sanders tweets could hurt him.   Nick brought up the Spencer rattler Netflix documentary 

• Hook 'Em 1

Really depends on how he looks this next season, but I could see a bunch of NFL GMs seeing tape on Quinn and his lazy throws that just hang in the air until Christmas and saying fuck no.  If he cuts that shit out of his repertoire and improves his deep ball significantly, he'll go high.  Teams have to have QBs.  McCarthy and Nix are 3rd/4th round talents and they both went in the top 15 picks.

I think Quinn as-is, meaning minimal improvement over the next year, is probably a 4th-5th rounder. He has the arm and some other nice traits, but he's too far away from being an NFL starter to spare more than a mid round pick. If everything pans out, he might be a backup 2-3 years down the road, and might be a starter by his second contract. 

If he takes a natural small step forward due to another year in the system and the college game slowing down, he's probably a second rounder similar to Drew Lock. That's a year one backup with sub replacement level starter upside in year two, and possible average starting level play at the end of his rookie deal. 

If he takes a big step forward meaning he improves at his weaknesses (inaccuracy down the field, issues reading defenses especially in the middle of the field, not being constantly injured, not feeling premature pressure) and his more consistent week to week, he'll be a first rounder. That's a day one starter with above average starting QB upside. 

Draft people are just as aware of Ewer's problems with deep balls as we are. When discussing Worthy and Mitchell, I heard tons of draft people admitting they were handicapped by Ewers's inconsistency. 

For Ewers to go in the 1st round, he will have to put up better numbers and put up some film of him consistently hitting targets deep. He'll have to do this with worse receivers.

Are we really having a conversation of Quinn going 1st round?!?!?! I could see a conversation for #1overall but first round?!?!  Do yall know how many teams are starving for a QB?? 

Yall act like this isn't the same NFL that drafted Anthony Richardson top 5 or Trey Lance out of NDSU and Zach Wilson top 3. The same NFL that took Mac Jones top 15 off of 1 year

If Quinn Has a great Year and stays healthy there's definitely a chance he goes 1 overall, and it shouldn't be that hard to see.  Quinn just has to put it together, he's def going 1st round. Stop it

• Hook 'Em 3

I think Quinn throwing really well during the last Spring Day at UT really helped him in the eyes of the many Scouts/GMs in attendance.

Needs a solid ‘24 season to back it up, but he lived up to the hype.

Hook’em!!!

17 hours ago, D3zii said:

Are we really having a conversation of Quinn going 1st round?!?!?! I could see a conversation for #1overall but first round?!?!  Do yall know how many teams are starving for a QB?? 

Yall act like this isn't the same NFL that drafted Anthony Richardson top 5 or Trey Lance out of NDSU and Zach Wilson top 3. The same NFL that took Mac Jones top 15 off of 1 year

If Quinn Has a great Year and stays healthy there's definitely a chance he goes 1 overall, and it shouldn't be that hard to see.  Quinn just has to put it together, he's def going 1st round. Stop it

That's the point most are making. "If he puts it together"

As-is, he's not a first rounder 

Because of the importance and commodity of the position, I predict Quinn will go in the top-10. I don't know if he deserves to go that high. As we saw in the draft this year, if you think you can get a guy to be your QB for the next 10 years, you will do what you need to do to go up and get him, regardless of where he's slotted on the "big board". Quinn's either going to be in that top group of QBs that emerge after the end of the season and go top-10, or there will be serious questions about his mechanics, his deep ball, and his decision making and he'll go in the 2nd or 3rd round (don't see that happening).But I definitely don't see him being selected 15ish based on how QBs are selected in the draft.