Worldwide Israel/Palestine War Protests Thread

bolverk

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, Parliament said:

https://www.dispatch.com/story/news/columns/2022/12/08/columbus-police-proud-boys-high-five-drag-queen-storytime-protest/69701577007/ 

During a Saturday protest that drew a motley assortment of right-wing extremists and an equally vocal contingent of counter-protesters, a Columbus police sergeant drew immediate scrutiny from members of the latter group when he high-fived a member of the Proud Boys, a far-right extremist organization that Canada branded a terrorist group last year.

Counter-protesters immediately called Sgt. Steven Dyer out, and their recorded exchange quickly spread across social media.

"Seriously, what's that about?" asks a woman who identifies herself during the conversation as the mother of a gay child.

"Building relationships," Dyer replies. During the conversation there is a persistent hint of a smile that suggests despite his apparent training in community discourse, Dyer is not at that particular moment even close to reading the room.

Question: Have they been consistent in their equal application of the law and not enforcing it only against groups whose speech they disagree with?

Hmm...it seems there were quite a few masked protesters present.

image.png.e17f2f372a3d5944ed58db764463a39f.png

image.png.be508c559254a45622e0267416575465.png

image.thumb.png.74cbd29ff69f5fc40a14cdfb175424c7.png

Edited by bolverk
  • Rage+1 2

1 hour ago, Captainant said:

Ohio Revised Code 3761.12 makes it a felony to commit a crime with two or more people while wearing white caps, masks or other disguise

Oooooh man that's some good turning a shield into a sword and finding an old law meant to target klansmen and now using it to shut down peaceful assembly. To use that law in that way is an implicit equivocation of what these university protesters are doing to what the KKK was doing.

It's diluting what the KKK was and did and STILL FUCKING IS to threaten and target college students with this law

Shut the fuck up dude

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, PRONG HORN said:

Remember the arrested protestor squirming around so the camera didn't capture her face when she was unmasked?  

Sorry to quote myself but it's this one.  Why hide?

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Captainant said:

@PRONG HORN you do know you're just reposting reposts of Daily Caller and Fox News rage bait, right? I really don't understand why @immamac has decided that spamming Twitter posts from provacteurs that were posting COVID and election disinformation a few years ago is what news actually is

Which posts do have a problem with?  If you think I'm posting things that didn't happen as described in the text, or are misrepresented somehow, I would like to know.  I mostly post video.  If that video is out of context to the text just say so and I'll look into it and research for myself.  No offense but I wont research before I post.  I know some of the tweets are from accounts distasteful to some, but I hope that's not reason enough to look away.  

This is Imma's quote last Wednesday a.m.

@PRONG HORN your tweets without the commentary are fine so long as the message in the tweet is not politically related/doesn't add political commentary. There is nothing wrong with posting videos of stuff that does not represent the protesters in a positive manner, that's not what this is about. It's about tying that somehow to the election or any political office or candidate. None of that is relevant to this discussion in this thread.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, Parliament said:

Can we get a banned for literally replying to himself 7 times?

image.thumb.png.10c99fd9529dad227a274f62a97f8af5.png

13 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

No shit. I have a Twitter already. 

2 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Twitter embeds should have been cut off on the non sports boards a long time ago. This is just a simple case in point. 

What seems to be the problem?  Parliament I haven't posted any tweets, or written posts about old Ohio mask laws.  That screen cap seems misleading.  lf you have trusted sources for tweets, post them here and I'll look at those feeds too when deciding what to post.  Why isn't video content ok? 

I'm just posting what I come across.  If you have a more preferred way to disseminate raw footage please share.  Otherwise I don't get it.  Video is one of the purest forms of news.  It doesn't lie.  If you feel like there are other sources of tweets that have a more honest context surrounding the vids PLEASE share.  Thanks.  

• Hook 'Em 3

6 hours ago, bolverk said:

image.png.be508c559254a45622e0267416575465.png

$10 says that dude isn’t a parent and doesn’t mean “our children” … oops … “our Children” (random inappropriate capitalization —that’s a tell), the way normal people do.

Probably a pedophile. ‘Leave them for US!!’ is what he’s saying. 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, PRONG HORN said:

Video is one of the purest forms of news.  It doesn't lie. 

Yikes, dude. You really need to learn some media literacy and understand that provacteur shitheads make a living off of people like you

https://www.snopes.com/news/2023/01/31/project-veritas-pfizer-mutating-covid/

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/29/us/politics/project-veritas-ilhan-omar.html

And do I really need to explain why a Kremlin affiliated tucker carlson network like daily caller or fox news may be looking to incite useful idiots into a rage right around election time?

You really think that such illustrious Twitter follows as "END WOKENESS" and libzoftiktok are trustworthy sources looking to inform and not incite?

Edited by Captainant
  • Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Yikes, dude. You really need to learn some media literacy and understand that provacteur shitheads make a living off of people like you

https://www.snopes.com/news/2023/01/31/project-veritas-pfizer-mutating-covid/

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/29/us/politics/project-veritas-ilhan-omar.html

And do I really need to explain why a Kremlin affiliated tucker carlson network like daily caller or fox news may be looking to incite useful idiots into a rage right around election time?

Ok.  But which video from the tweets on this thread are fabrications?  I'm down for some media literacy, but that doesn't mean I'll discriminate against certain twitter accounts based on my political beliefs.  I see good points all the time about politics I don't agree with on twitter, but that doesn't mean I want to pretend that I didn't see it, or that somehow the point being made was not a good one.  I'm more of a truth seeker than a wagon circler.  Circle all you want when you see these tweets.  I'd rather just see it for what it is.  People calling for the extermination of Jews, monkey man, police brutality, etc.  All of it. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Captainant said:

@PRONG HORN you do know you're just reposting reposts of Daily Caller and Fox News rage bait, right? I really don't understand why @immamac has decided that spamming Twitter posts from provacteurs that were posting COVID and election disinformation a few years ago is what news actually is

You can’t help yourself from trying to gatekeep and censor posts. You get away with that in your echo chamber sanctuary in the CR but you can’t in the Daily Texan. @PRONG HORN and others, like me, are posting videos from people on the scene of these protests. That is exactly the purpose of this thread. It doesn’t matter if you don’t like the source. That’s how you and the CR cabal like to shut down debate — railing against the source rather than the content of what is being posted. You have no problem with video or Tweets from OSINTDefender in the Ukraine thread but you get your panties in a wad when they post raw video footage of your fellow leftists in action. PATHETIC. In your warped world view, you probably think MSNBC is an unbiased news source. Keep fooling yourself.

Edited by Macklemore
  • Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

This thread is predictably stupid. Why even come to it any more? If you are this interested in this then you deserve to wade through the mass idiocy that is this thread because you are an idiot yourself for looking at it. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, PRONG HORN said:

I mean, I pulled some crap in my day to get outta finals, but full-on islamic conversion?  You gotta respect the commitment.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, immamac said:

This thread is predictably stupid. Why even come to it any more? If you are this interested in this then you deserve to wade through the mass idiocy that is this thread because you are an idiot yourself for looking at it. 

spider-verse-spider-man.gif.3b8443853b017b8b5b813ab28c074ce0.gif

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, Captainant said:

image.thumb.png.5817d0ba9fe6143c4cac291d0246adb7.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

I won't bump my post in the UT protest thread so it doesn't veer off topic but you may recall many praising the restraint showed by the University of Chicago (i.e., strong disapproval but not taking immediate action) when coming down hard on Hartzell.   I said I thought 50/50 at best they wouldn't end up needing to get the police involved.  Looks like that was a winning bet.

University of Chicago police clear pro-Palestinian protest encampment on campus - ABC7 Chicago

Half measures won't work with these losers.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Skipper said:

I won't bump my post in the UT protest thread so it doesn't veer off topic but you may recall many praising the restraint showed by the University of Chicago (i.e., strong disapproval but not taking immediate action) when coming down hard on Hartzell.   I said I thought 50/50 at best they wouldn't end up needing to get the police involved.  Looks like that was a winning bet.

University of Chicago police clear pro-Palestinian protest encampment on campus - ABC7 Chicago

Half measures won't work with these losers.

Hartzell is looking better and better by the day.

• Hook 'Em 7

3 hours ago, immamac said:

Very tactful post. So welcoming. 

• bolverk changed the title to Worldwide Israel/Palestine War Protests Thread