Securing the pipe

Picked up the phone to call my dad...but remembered he passed. 🤦🏾‍♀️. So naturally, I turn to Surly.  The pipe came apart under my kitchen sink...I was going to get some pvc glue to put it back together...is that right?  Or do I need to get new pieces?  Appreciate the advice 🤘🏾

20240508_184741.jpg

The rubber gasket holds it in place. Loosen that plastic nut, put the male pipe back in the female, and re-tighten the nut.   That's all there is to it. DO NOT USE GLUE

And quit storing shit under the sink.  That 8 lb. Clorox bottle probably got slammed against the pipe and knocked it loose.  

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Rage+1 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

The rubber gasket holds it in place. Loosen that plastic nut, put the male pipe back in the female, and re-tighten the nut.   That's all there is to it. DO NOT USE GLUE

And quit storing shit under the sink.  That 8 lb. Clorox bottle probably got slammed against the pipe and knocked it loose.  

Thank you!  Think I'm all set. 😊

20240508_232001.jpg

Edited by Txangel9910
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

Loosen that plastic nut, put the male pipe back in the female, and re-tighten the nut.   That's all there is to it.  

Also....that's what she said. 😏

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

That original plumbing setup though

giphy.gif

They also forgot to remove a cap on the disposal which lead to the dishwasher not draining...it's been a struggle. 🤦🏾‍♀️

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

That original plumbing setup though

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Txangel9910 said:

They also forgot to remove a cap on the disposal which lead to the dishwasher not draining...it's been a struggle. 🤦🏾‍♀️

Did you pay someone and they used that fucking accordion flex hose bs?  I’d ask for money back 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, UT_OB1 said:

Did you pay someone and they used that fucking accordion flex hose bs?  I’d ask for money back 

I'd like to think no actual plumber would ever do what's seen here.... or even carry an accordian drain on them.

This thread is the exact reason I make my boys watch me fix absolutely everything. If they call me with this issue and need help when they are older, I will drive over and give them some help. Jesus christ man.

38 minutes ago, HOOKEM4 said:

This thread is the exact reason I make my boys watch me fix absolutely everything. If they call me with this issue and need help when they are older, I will drive over and give them some help. Jesus christ man.

I WISH I could call my dad for help! 😭  But hopefully he's proud that it got figured out without me paying money....even though I'd be in "trouble" for the thread title...😂

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

I hate those slip fittings like that.
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

I'll be honest.  If you have to call a plumber for this sort of shit, fucking hand in your man card!!!

Fixing a p-trap connection is as fundamental to manhood, as navigating without a map! 

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, horn4life said:

I'll be honest.  If you have to call a plumber for this sort of shit, fucking hand in your man card!!!

Fixing a p-trap connection is as fundamental to manhood, as navigating without a map! 

I'm a woman.  :: gestures towards profile pic::  He definitely taught us (my sisters and I..me?  Grammar🥴) as we bought our homes...just kind of took for granted that he'd always be available for questions.  We buried him a year ago today.  💙

Edited by Txangel9910
  • Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

Just now, Hate said:

Every new poster claims they’re a woman…how do we know for sure you are one?

😂

I was at the Surly event in New Orleans...I think there's a picture posted somewhere on here.  Or on the Surly Twitter.  

2 hours ago, Txangel9910 said:

I'm a woman.  :: gestures towards profile pic::  He definitely taught us (my sisters and I..me?  Grammar🥴) as we bought our homes...just kind of took for granted that he'd always be available for questions.  We buried him a year ago today.  💙

Sorry for your loss. I don't usually look at the pics.  But I think the title "Securing the Pipe" gives credence to the "I'm a woman" argument! 😉

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Txangel9910 said:

Ok now I feel bad. You are a young woman asking a legitimate question. Glad you could get it fixed and now you know the deal. I didn't look at profile pic.  Hookem

2 hours ago, Txangel9910 said:

2 sisters - I'm the middle.  Oldest is a doctor and married...youngest is an engineer.   I just have a MBA.   He and my mom did all right with us, I think.

Screenshot_20240513_124608_Photos.jpg

Good looking group of gals.  Welcome to the Palace of Degenerates.  Enjoy your stay.

1 hour ago, HOOKEM4 said:

Ok now I feel bad. You are a young woman asking a legitimate question. Glad you could get it fixed and now you know the deal. I didn't look at profile pic.  Hookem

Don't feel bad - made me laugh!  And thanks for the "young" - everyone in that pic is 39 years old or older. 🤦🏾‍♀️ Parents would have hit their 50th wedding anniversary this year.   Today was sad but y'all made me laugh...I appreciate it 🤘🏾

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Bevo&Pevo said:

Good looking group of gals.  Welcome to the Palace of Degenerates.  Enjoy your stay.

She has nothing to fear here.  95% of the members have never had an in-person conversation with a woman.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, Txangel9910 said:

2 sisters - I'm the middle.  Oldest is a doctor and married...youngest is an engineer.   I just have a MBA.   He and my mom did all right with us, I think.

That's to be determined.  Did any of y'all go to A&M?

3 hours ago, HOOKEM4 said:

Don't feel bad - made me laugh!  And thanks for the "young" - everyone in that pic is 39 years old or older. 🤦🏾‍♀️ Parents would have hit their 50th wedding anniversary this year.   Today was sad but y'all made me laugh...I appreciate it 🤘🏾

54 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

That's to be determined.  Did any of y'all go to A&M?

No Aggies here - I'm a Longhorn undergrad and Tar Heel MBA.  Dr Sister is a Wolverine undergrad (hence why I'm looking for tix to that game) and Spartan MD, and little sister is a Yellow Jacket undergrad (and heckuva engineer)

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Txangel9910 said:

No Aggies here - I'm a Longhorn undergrad and Tar Heel MBA.  Dr Sister is a Wolverine undergrad (hence why I'm looking for tix to that game) and Spartan MD, and little sister is a Yellow Jacket undergrad (and heckuva engineer)

I'm sure your dad passing has been tough on all of you. If any of you three ever need emotional support or consoling please don't be afraid to reach out.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

On 5/13/2024 at 3:30 PM, Txangel9910 said:

I believe I can be of assistance regarding your pipe laying needs. I'll do this job at no charge.