Star Wars Episode IX

Red Five

20 hours ago, oSuJeff97 said:

I'm excited for what Star Wars does next.  The best Star Wars storytelling over the past decade has been done outside of the main "Skywalker" saga films:

• Clone Wars
  • Rebels
  • Rogue One
  • Solo (F the haters - it was a fun little film)
  • The Mandalorian (probably - looks fucking awesome based on the clips and cast)

I think freeing storytellers from "weight" of the "Skywalker saga" will be a very good thing.

Quoting myself because I forgot about two more upcoming live action shows after The Mandalorian - the Ewan McGregor/Obi-wan show and the Cassian Andor/K2 show.  Super pumped about both of those as well.

14 hours ago, mdmost said:

So there's speculation that Kevin Feige has a particular actor in mind for a particular role. That's led to speculation that it's someone who was in a Marvel movie. So all the fanbois freaked out thinking it was Brie Larson. So she expertly trolled today.

It is as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced.

• Like 2

Just saw the trailed released last month. I really appreciate the nostalgia and throwbacks especially since the second movie was all about forgetting the past, what you know and liked and move on. I appreciate how consistent they are in the details too. Like the leather jacket that deflects light sabers, and cuts through anything.

I really do hope Hayden is in the new film.

This has nothing to do with Episode IX, but I just wanted to mention that my 14-month-old son is obsessed with the first movie. We watch it (in 20 minute increments) three or four times a day. He points at the TV and breathes heavily when he wants to see Darth Vader, which is ALWAYS.

I have a feeling I might see “A New Hope” about 499 more times until he’s old enough to find out about (and appreciate) “Empire” in a few years. And that is fine by me.

Edited by MaxHorn
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, mdmost said:

A space horse! A space horse! My kingdom for a space horse!

I can't wait to see you all bitch about this one too. It warms my cold, black heart. Especially bitter Red Five. 

What's the matter with you? I liked the first trailer, and bought tickets tonight. I disliked the last movie, like most everyone else.