Tell me about Ohio State

Shmitty

10 hours ago, crash_davis said:

I mean, shit, they need to hire Charlie Strong for DC to make it a total fucking disaster.

Why not Manny _iaz?  Durkin? Addazio as LB corch?

They do seem intent on burning the place down. This is spectacular. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Well just 48 hrs ago I said Bjork was the most wtf hire by a blue blood I can remember.   And here we are with this hire one upping that one.  Holy shit.  

To be fair it was equally wtf when Saban hired him

• Prepare your anus 1

3 hours ago, crash_davis said:

Bjork already has his replacement in mind.

I totally forgot about this. This only makes the Jimbo failure that much more surprising. With advanced QB coaching like this who could have imagined things would end they way they did.

Haha, I'm probably missing some things here but last year Ryan Day, coming off back to back Michigan losses, brought an elite undefeated squad to Ann Arbor. Quite probably the second or third best team in the land, depending on them vs. Georgia. He put up the stiffest fight of any Michigan opponent this past season, more than the national finalist and arguably Bama, and anyone dating back to TCU last year. His QB threw for more yards and TDs than any other Michigan opponent. They scored more than any other Michigan opponent. It was only a last second INT on a drive to win the game against Michigan that took them down, and the QB was hit on the play.

In the aftermath of this, he has decided to:

• run off his rising senior incumbent QB who finished 14th nationally in passer rating.
  • run off his rising senior WR who was arguably the best blocking WR in the country.
  • run off his starting center.
  • take a new center who can't snap (lol).
  • take a new power run QB who lost his first battle to Adrian Martinez and lost a second round of PT to Avery Johnson.
  • take a malcontent running back who the entire Ole Miss offense shoved into the portal after a stepback season.
  • add zero tackles.
  • add zero guards.
  • add zero tight ends.
  • fire the Special Teams coach whose unit was always SP+ top-20.
  • fire the QB coach whose recruiting + position performance was always national top-3.
  • fire the safeties coach for seemingly no reason.
  • publicly cuck program luminary and WR coach Brian Hartline, who many argue is the best in the business when you consider recruiting and development (MHJr, Olave, Wilson, Jaxon Smith-Njigba, etc.).
  • hire Bill O'Brien off one of the worst offenses in NFL history.

Am I missing anything? Crazier things have worked but gottdamn Ryan, that's an, uh, interesting offseason.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

New Buckeyes running backs coach Carlos Locklyn: "This is the worst coached position in football. It's terrible."

DOUG SAMUELS         8 HOURS AGO

Just because Carlos Locklyn has just three years of official on-field experience at Western Kentucky, and Oregon prior to joining Ryan Day's staff in Columbus doesn't mean it was his first time sharing knowledge with running backs.

Locklyn told reporters recently at Ohio State that during his time off the field in roles at Memphis and Florida State he mentored a number of big-time backs and didn't need the title of running backs coach to develop guys at a position he's very passionate about.

In fact, Locklyn believes the running backs position is the worst coached position in football, a job that is too often handed to guys that are labeled as elite recruiters.

"I know you all ain't heard me say it before, but I'm going to keep saying it - this is the worst coached position in football. It's terrible."

"Guys hire anybody to coach this position that are recruiters. Carlos Locklyn is not a recruiter. I am an elite relationship builder. I coach this position and I'm a ball coach."

"That's who I am. I'm going to pour into these kids, and I think they're kind of seeing it now. I jumped in from Day 1 and I am ready to coach."

Hear more from the Buckeyes new running backs coach in the clip.

• 2 weeks later...