Cryptocurrencies (Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, etc.)

surlybevo

9 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

Isn't there already a Crypto political thread? Use it.

Back to BTC, is there support at 59? 

Environmental FUD can and should be discussed here.

Also, different attack vectors are a topic extremely relevant to BTC/crypto. State attacks are a known threat.

We’re all adults here and almost nobody on CR cares about the different consensus mechanisms between different currencies or why government entities would prefer one over the other. The people that care to discuss those topics will be here. 

as for price, a lot of people waiting for 53k to buy some, makes me think we don’t get there 

Edited by Satoshi
  • Hook 'Em 1

Interesting use of crypto and a DAO (decentralized autonomous organization) - buy one of the only two private copies of the US Constitution: https://www.constitutiondao.com/

You aren't legally considered an owner but participating gives you a fractional say in how the Constitution will be managed in the future. You can also tell your friends that you're a part-owner because who's going to quibble with technicalities.

They've raised $23m out of $25m to buy it. It's an interesting concept how groups of unrelated people can get together and buy something. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I wish it wasn't the Lakers; they are rather divisive for those outside of Southern California. But . . . 

Nice little rebound. Volatility remain high (same as it ever was). ETH up +2.3%. I would love to earn 2% daily. 

Any volatility plays in this volatile market?

Edited by washparkhorn

2 hours ago, Goofyboy said:

Are helium miners still profitable or is it just a scam? I keep seeing the bobcat miner 300 being advertised. Worth it?

I've got the same question, and I have a Helium guy who keeps hitting me up asking to use my company's numerous sites as nodes. Still trying to figure this out.

16 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

I wish it wasn't the Lakers; they are rather divisive for those outside of Southern California. But . . . 

Nice little rebound. Volatility remain high (same as it ever was). ETH up +2.3%. I would love to earn 2% daily. 

Any volatility plays in this volatile market?

No. There’s no VIX or VXX equivalent

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

So this is a bit of a noob question, but I sent some ethereum from my Coinbase acct to my Coinbase wallet. All the acct numbers check out, but I’m still not seeing the money in there several hours later.   Is that fairly regular or did I just royally screw myself.   

Is this still occurring? If so, you need to find the Withdrawal transaction in the Coinbase account and see what address is listed as receiving the coins. Does it match the Coinbase wallet address?

Maybe I don't need to say this but never attempt to type an address. In every app, there is a copy feature next to an address. You should visually verify after you paste the address in the other screen, but never type it out. i usually verify that the first few and last characters match. 

Also when you're new, send a small amount first before sending the full amount. Yes, you lose a bit in double fees but think of it as a paying for a lesson.

14 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Is this still occurring? If so, you need to find the Withdrawal transaction in the Coinbase account and see what address is listed as receiving the coins. Does it match the Coinbase wallet address?

Maybe I don't need to say this but never attempt to type an address. In every app, there is a copy feature next to an address. You should visually verify after you paste the address in the other screen, but never type it out. i usually verify that the first few and last characters match. 

Also when you're new, send a small amount first before sending the full amount. Yes, you lose a bit in double fees but think of it as a paying for a lesson.

I copy and pasted the address.  Had previously sent about tree-fiddy earlier in the evening.  I have copies of the transaction and the numbers matchup, but I’m still not seeing my ethereum.  

edit:  it does say that it is being sent to an address I haven’t previously used but it matches the address when I look in advanced settings under ethereum wallets (Wallet 1).   I better not have just lost $2k to the ether.    

Edited by Trey3216

8 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

I copy and pasted the address.  Had previously sent about tree-fiddy earlier in the evening.  I have copies of the transaction and the numbers matchup, but I’m still not seeing my ethereum.  

edit:  it does say that it is being sent to an address I haven’t previously used but it matches the address when I look in advanced settings under ethereum wallets (Wallet 1).   I better not have just lost $2k to the ether.    

find the transaction # from the coinbase account, and look it up on etherscan. There may be a link in coinbase to etherscan.  Etherscan will show without any doubt what address now has the coins. Do that address look familiar?

I had a few moments like that at first when sending eth/WETH/Matic, etc around between bittrex and MetaMask and it always resolved eventually.  Gas could have spiked right after you hit send and it's just taking a while for it to process.  If you copied the address from coinbase it should still be in a wallet that you control.  Ugh, sorry man, that's some stressful shit. @Trey3216

13 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

Just finally popped up in the acct in the last 10 minutes.   Crisis averted 

man, i freaked the f out first time i transferred eth back to CB from my metamask.  i did not know that CB has 4-5 different wallet addresses so i sent like 2eth back, copied the address and pasted and sent.  well it took a while and clicked again to check the address and it was different!  was thinking $8k down the drain but it showed up 15 minutes later.

2 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Yep.  And I just got my father in yesterday via Coinbase referral.  I've beennpimping this stuff for 6 months, he jumps in, drop.

This is why I always tell people when they first jump in to only put in what they can afford to lose, and to only buy BTC or Eth knowing you’re going to hold for a longer period. Having the first buy be a shitcoin that dumps hard is not how you want to start. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

BTC 50 day moving average busted. 100 day moving average (support) is at 53k. Twitter rejection/IRS crypto enforcement appear to be drivers.  

Question - Do moving averages matter in the crypto space? I ask because it is obvious crypto remains in the volatile price discovery process. 

Edited by washparkhorn

1 hour ago, Satoshi said:

This is why I always tell people when they first jump in to only put in what they can afford to lose, and to only buy BTC or Eth knowing you’re going to hold for a longer period. Having the first buy be a shitcoin that dumps hard is not how you want to start. 

A shitcoin?  Come on man.  I know you're a BTC maxi/ETH hater, but the ENS governance token is not like f'n shiba or doge.  GTFOH

14 minutes ago, The Royal We said:

A shitcoin?  Come on man.  I know you're a BTC maxi/ETH hater, but the ENS governance token is not like f'n shiba or doge.  GTFOH

Sorry I didn’t mean to imply I was talking about one coin or another. Just that shitcoins can dump harder and ENS has. It’s just a term. Most traders that like them call them shitcoins as well. Don’t take it personally. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

Maybe I follow too many Crypto hardos on twitter now, but "shitcoins" to me are things that have no purpose/utility/are a cash grab by the creator.  Some guy literally launched one yesterday called $FUD and the only utility was if you were a big owner he'd FUD a project you didn't like on twitter.  He put over 50 eth in his pocket yesterday.

11 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

ENS has the additional issue that token-holders are receiving an airdrop of large amounts of it every day. Some owners are going to dump them ASAP on the market pushing the price down. But on days that btc and eth are pumping up, I expect ENS to see the same direction.

Good point.  Have you seen any statistics for what percentage of the tokens have been claimed yet?

4 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Yep.  And I just got my father in yesterday via Coinbase referral.  I've beennpimping this stuff for 6 months, he jumps in, drop.

This is why anyone should dollar cost average their buys.  Buying everything at once is a good way to lose in the short term.

9 minutes ago, The Royal We said:

Good point.  Have you seen any statistics for what percentage of the tokens have been claimed yet?

Unsure. I can see there is a wallet that looks to be paying out token claims, and it's down to 8.8% of the total token supply. I believe this should have started out at 25%.

• Hook 'Em 1

39 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

@Satoshi @Nice Guy Eddie

I get all that.  He didn't put much in.  Probably a couple of hundred.  It's just funny because I've been going on and on about how my initial investment has risen by 20%, then, 50%, then, recently, doubled.  He jumps in and it goes down 15% in a day.

Tell him it's his fault, and thank him for letting us get in lower.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

@Satoshi @Nice Guy Eddie

I get all that.  He didn't put much in.  Probably a couple of hundred.  It's just funny because I've been going on and on about how my initial investment has risen by 20%, then, 50%, then, recently, doubled.  He jumps in and it goes down 15% in a day.

I agree with Eddie. Now that he’s in, suggest he dollar cost average in a little each week or month or whatever. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

15 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

@Satoshi @Nice Guy Eddie

Literally every 5th post in this thread should be the firsttime.gif.  A few years ago I'd watch a few K trickle away and kick myself, and probably make a regrettable trade.

Now the swings are just second nature.

First Time James Franco GIF - First Time James Franco James - Discover &  Share GIFs

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Satoshi said:

@UpperWestsidewhat is so offensive about this post? There’s nothing political here. Come in and engage. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

21 hours ago, Satoshi said:

@UpperWestsidewhat is so offensive about this post? There’s nothing political here. Come in and engage. 

You have some real fans, looks like Penelope is following you around as well. 

On the coin front Mana is having a good run the last few weeks. Bought in at the right time on that one.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, Brew said:

You have some real fans, looks like Penelope is following you around as well. 

On the coin front Mana is having a good run the last few weeks. Bought in at the right time on that one.

Yep there’s a few of them. I feel bad for her though. She’s kind of the middle age female equivalent of the angry male teen. If she just had a boyfriend she’d be much less angry. 

Congrats on Mana. I’ve always thought it was kind of interesting. You can buy your own parcel of land in the metaverse. I think there are others like that as well. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck You 2