text alert waitlisting and the demise of buzzcoasters

Hagbard Celine

so tonight, went to chuys on 183.  figured, thursday night, no problemo.  overrun by the hoardes.  1 hour.   and now there are no more buzzcoasters,, they want my cell to alert me when my table is ready.  fuck that shit.

check traffic, 20 minutes to matt's, haven't been there in forever, call them, they say "20 minute wait".  no problem.  race down mopac, deal with fucktards at the jughandle on to south lamar, get a good parking spot, only 10-15 minutes for a table.  great!   but again, they want a cell, and mine was given without my concurrence or agreement.  so now they've got my cell, it's loud, i can't hear texts coming in, so at minute 15 i start refreshing the cell every 30 seconds.

are we there yet?

are we there yet?

are we there yet?

it ended up being 35 minutes..  i interrogated the inked cholas managing this malign fiesta, who have no answer for how 10 minutes morphed in to 30.

i fucking hate having to hold my phone to my face in public like the fucktard Z's and millenis.  they look like ass when they do it.  and here i am, in 2018 forced to deal with this shit because the system used to store this "table reservation data" probably pays the fucking restaurants for your cell-food latlong.

FUCK THAT SHIT.  i'm not doing it anymore..  my cell phone is COMPARTMENTALIZED in the name of NATIONAL SECURITY..

MY NATIONAL SECURITY.

cazart.

end of line.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, formermav43 said:

It’s hard to have sympathy for someone who thinks driving 20 minutes+indefinite wait was a good decision to begin with.

Yeah, Chuy’s always overestimates, too...would have been actually eating sooner than Matt’s adventure.

The pro move here is drinks at Brickhouse, phone on the bar so you can see it,  come back, FYI.