2018 Houston Astros Season Thread

Planet Houston

just wanted to publicly acknowledge the good samaritan monday night who took our stuff to lost and found. we went back tuesday for the game and first place we went was lost and found - sure enough, someone had dropped our stuff off there for us to pick up. +rep to the good people who did that, may you be rewarded with copious amounts of astros victories. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chuckie Finster said:

This is kind of random, but has anyone noticed that McTaggart has been... different on Twitter?  He still posts his usual stuff, but he's also been really snarky, and not in an endearing way, this year at times.  

I think he's been that way for a while now. Some of it is obviously joking but there are definitely times where I have thought he was being a tool. I remember during the World Series he was throwing a fit because one of the local reporters for the news wore an Astros shirt while reporting from MMP during a game. That's not counting the few months he got pissed for everyone asking him if we were getting Verlander.....Which he was dead wrong about. His U of H takes are beyond stupid as well.

This is kind of random, but has anyone noticed that McTaggart has been... different on Twitter?  He still posts his usual stuff, but he's also been really snarky, and not in an endearing way, this year at times.  

His fucking book must not be selling. He promotes the hell out of that on Twitter.

5 minutes ago, Alvin89 said:

I think he's been that way for a while now. Some of it is obviously joking but there are definitely times where I have thought he was being a tool. I remember during the World Series he was throwing a fit because one of the local reporters for the news wore an Astros shirt while reporting from MMP during a game. That's not counting the few months he got pissed for everyone asking him if we were getting Verlander.....Which he was dead wrong about. His U of H takes are beyond stupid as well.

Having a journalism degree makes you an insufferable twit. I know because I have one. 

1 minute ago, WBT said:

Defense isn't helping him today.  And he relies on it more than our other starters.

Certainly the case with the defense, no question. But he's also missed the plate a lot so far. Hopefully he'll settle in and be the DK of old.