2018 Houston Astros Season Thread

Planet Houston

Team is so dumb. 2.5 games up

Correa should hit 7th, rondon should pitch only one inning, AJ should remove us from double play opportunities, bunt, put guys in motion, slash, whatever. So much shit to go around.

This isn't last years team and shouldn't be managed that way, regardless of what your last name is.

Was in a text thread earlier with guys from here, gonna be lucky to get 2/3, when it looks like 1/3 is a strong possibility.

As much as I like and appreciate Hinch’s body of work, this wasn’t his finest hour. 

Rondon pitching more than an inning, and ending up with Marwin playing center and JD Davis left, in late innings, in an important game in a close pennant race, well, that’s just mind bottling to me. 

Granted, the damaging hits against Rondon were kind of bleeders, but he never pitches, sits down, and comes out for another inning. 

With the expanded roster, Hinch had numerous options. It appeared to me that he was trying to be a little too cute with managing the bullpen for the following games, when he needed to be worrying more about winning the current game. 

I guess he thought Rondon could be extended tonight. Just an odd choice, based on the way Hinch usually manages a game. 

• Like 1

off topic (of astros) but on topic for upcoming free agents... on mlbn last night, they were talking to jon heyman about machado/harper contracts.  he predicted both would get somewhere in the $300-325mm range.  considering it's still a few years away, if correa was having a great season, i'm sure the $400mm would be a realistic prediction - which is to say, i think people would be predicting it, not that it will actually happen. 

shit, i hope that's the prediction this time next year.  that will mean he got his act together.

1 hour ago, henrygandorf said:

off topic (of astros) but on topic for upcoming free agents... on mlbn last night, they were talking to jon heyman about machado/harper contracts.  he predicted both would get somewhere in the $300-325mm range.  considering it's still a few years away, if correa was having a great season, i'm sure the $400mm would be a realistic prediction - which is to say, i think people would be predicting it, not that it will actually happen. 

shit, i hope that's the prediction this time next year.  that will mean he got his act together.

I'd consider playing 150 games, batting .290 with 25+ HRs and 100+ RBIs to indicate "he got his act together." 

I expect none of those marks to be reached by our shortstop. That is, unless we move Bregman there, which I'm in favor of.