2018 Houston Astros Season Thread

Planet Houston

Yeah, doubt we'll see Tucker unless the Fisher/Marisnick duo is really struggling for an extended period. I think they'll be fine (or potentially better than fine). 

I am excited about Tucker but am also excited to see what Fisher can do. He pretty much destroyed AAA last year himself (albeit as an older player than Tucker) and nobody doubts his tools. 

I was flipping through stations and 610 (sucks) was actually discussing a cool question.

What former Astro would you add to this team?

I would go Billy Wagner.

If it were for fun, fucking Lima time on this team would be epic to watch though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tx ind said:

I was flipping through stations and 610 (sucks) was actually discussing a cool question.

I would go Billy Wagner.

If it were for fun, fucking Lima time on this team would be epic to watch though.

Was thinking about Lima the other day with this team.  It would have been epic. 

In all honesty, cant think of whom he would supplant though. Ausmus would have been interesting with this staff, but I like the current ‘catcher by committee,” too.

Bagwell over La Pina is the obvious choice, but Gurriel is right for this team.

2 minutes ago, slorch said:

nm.

Seeing Rasmus warmly received the other night kindled the same thought about which past Astros would fit in.

Edited by slorch

10 minutes ago, tx ind said:

I would go Billy Wagner.

Bagwell, without question. 

Yeah Bags is the easy choice for position player (move Yuli to DH). Biggio (as a catcher maybe)

For pitching:
Wagner for relief help is an easy choice, but seeing what happens to relievers in the postseason I’d pass in exchange for the one thing this team doesn’t need, on paper: give me Nolan or Scott.
We kinda have a modern day version of those two already in JV and LMJ.

22 minutes ago, tx ind said:

I would go Billy Wagner.

Then again, does Randy Johnson count? If so, I may go with him...

Edited by Hank Chinaski

Bagwell is the correct answer. But largely for what amount to sentimental reasons since I idolized him when I was a kid, but also because he was struck down in the prime of his career...

mlb_besttools_09-819x1024.jpg

...I would love to see this BAMF back in the rotation. 

• Like 2

When lilshep was in mr.Cranes office we did see all the rings being offered. The one lilshep put on was the one selected. Crane let lilshep pick his favorite and put it on. Crane held his hand and said that was his favorite to. I didnt take any pictures due to not wanting to disrespect the generosity/hospitality he showed us. The rest were nice but this was the best. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

^^^

best humblebrag I’ve seen in quite a while.

3 minutes ago, Jshep34 said:

When lilshep was in mr.Cranes office we did see all the rings being offered. The one lilshep put on was the one selected. Crane let lilshep pick his favorite and put it on. Crane held his hand and said that was his favorite to. I didnt take any pictures due to not wanting to disrespect the generosity/hospitality he showed us. The rest were nice but this was the best. 

I think we have a new contender

Edited by WBT

46 minutes ago, UTexasFight said: ^^^

best humblebrag I’ve seen in quite a while.

3 minutes ago, Jshep34 said: When lilshep was in mr.Cranes office we did see all the rings being offered. The one lilshep put on was the one selected. Crane let lilshep pick his favorite and put it on. Crane held his hand and said that was his favorite to. I didnt take any pictures due to not wanting to disrespect the generosity/hospitality he showed us. The rest were nice but this was the best. 

I think we have a new contender

Hahaha

Was just going to post the same before I saw you beat me to it

Brian McTaggartVerified account @brianmctaggart 12m12 minutes ago More

Tonight will be the Padres’ first game in Houston since June 28, 2012. Astros lineup that day: Schafer CF Lowrie SS Lee 1B Bogusevic RF Johnson 3B Castro C J.D. Martinez LF Moore 2B Keuchel P

Triggered.gif

Good crowd on hand that day

031ac84ab5e777a582e08246c6912459.jpg

Cashner for SD had a no-hitter into the 7th against that lineup (shocking).

Brett Myers gave up a GS in the 9th to lose it

Rhiner Cruz

Brandon Lyon

Wesley Wright

Xavier Cedeno all pitched in relief

Shudder

45 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

Oh, and if we're restocking the bullpen, I'd love to have 1979 Joe Sambito. Dude was nails.  

No kidding. Though personally, I'd like to add Cheo to the lineup, even if it were just as a pinch hitter. Few players deserved to have played on a championship team more than Jose Cruz; timing just sucked, though.

30 minutes ago, Scraps said:

All posters typically run together to me, unless you have some jackass takes like utgrad, so which one of you is the guy on shaggy that lives in Denver?   

Please pick up the red courtesy phone 

Think it's maninblack

Edited by Seasick Sailor