Another GOP Crook - Duncan Hunter indicted

Ted Lange

2 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

Wait.  That is the terorist granddad?   I thought they just chose a random picture  for the fox news thing above. 

I gotta be honest.  That’s a pretty big black mark in my book.  I’m sure Ted Bundy has some lovely relatives, but I’d be awfully cautious around them.   

The Unibomber's family turned him in.

My local bagel joint has the USA Today laid out by the waiting line. This morning this:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2018/08/27/duncan-hunter-chris-collins-trump-swamp-editorials-debates/1066203002/

Was followed by this "woe-is-me" tale from Hunter.  What a fucking loser.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2018/08/27/duncan-hunter-evidence-trump-political-agendas-editorials-debates/1115820002/

19 hours ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

It's truly a crazy position, but I've long said that family members of participants in the 2nd most famous terrorist act I can think of counts as a minus in the overall ledger.

It's truly psychotic to make some kind of connection between this guy and his grandfather he never met who died 17 years before he was born. 

Though I'm sure Fox News will be telling all the olds in this district that he was indoctrinated by his dead grandpa's force ghost and even physically trained him in the art of terrorism.

Edited by Js1

Just now, Js1 said:

It's truly psychotic to make some kind of connection between this guy and his grandfather he never met who died 17 years before he was born. 

Though I'm sure Fox News will be telling all the olds in this district that he was indoctrinated by his dead grandpa's force ghost and even physically trained him in the art of terrorism.

That was essentially one of their lines about Obama.

9 hours ago, Js1 said:

Especially considering Donald Trump's father was in the Klan.

On 8/27/2018 at 1:40 PM, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

It's truly a crazy position, but I've long said that family members of participants in the 2nd most famous terrorist act I can think of counts as a minus in the overall ledger.

Yeah but that’s bullshit. I learned a long time ago to not hold the sins of the father against a son, much less a grandfather who died 17 years before the man was even born. To hold otherwise is just either ignorant or completely unfair. 

3 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Yeah but that’s bullshit. I learned a long time ago to not hold the sins of the father against a son, much less a grandfather who died 17 years before the man was even born. To hold otherwise is just either ignorant or completely unfair. 

No shit.  You might as well assume Sydney and Justin Simpson will be murderers, and Paris Jackson will be a child molester.  

23 hours ago, LongestHorn said:

Rahm Emanuel's father's resistance was responsible for the bombing of the King David Hotel in 1946 that killed 91.  

Both Rahm and Ammar Campa-Najjar worked in President Obama's WH.

And I'm ok with that.

Pee-wee Herman's dad flew combat missions as a fighter pilot with the Royal Air Force and US Army, and then was one of the founding members of the Israeli Air Force, and he and four others are crediting with directly helping win Israel's War of Independence.

But I'm not expecting Pee-wee Herman to strap himself into an F-16 and start shooting down Syrian jets anytime soon.

On 8/31/2018 at 12:11 PM, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

Someone posted this chart in that twitter thread, although I don't think it makes the same argument that the poster made.  It looks to me that Minimum wage has been steady for the last 70 years if you lop off that 1968 peak.  Since 1975 you don't really have to make any excuses.

Dl6f2UPU8AANubq.jpg:large

Whew. I guess things are pretty much the way they've always been.  Of course, imagine in some hypothetical alternate universe, if the cost of living, housing, education, and medical care were to skyrocket, this chart would be meaningless.

• Like 2

Rep. Duncan Hunter (R-CA) may have illegally spent campaign funds on at least five women who are not his wife — whom he has blamed for financial wrongdoing that has gotten them both indicted.

The California Republican and his wife Margaret were indicted last month on 60 counts related to spending more than $250,000 in campaign cash on themselves, but prosecutors say the “family values”lawmaker may have spent some of that on women with whom he was having a “personal relationship,” reported The San Diego Union-Tribune.

The Hunters overdrew their bank account more than 1,100 times in seven years and were penalized nearly $38,000 in overdraft and other fees, and they also maxed out their credit cards and were hit with about $24,600 in fees and penalties.

Prosecutors say the congressman spent some of the campaign money on five individuals living in Washington, D.C.

Defense attorney Gregory Vega wrote a letter to the Department of Justice complaining that prosecutors had notified him that they have photos of an intoxicated Hunter and some of those women.

“While there may be evidence of infidelity, irresponsibility or alcohol dependence, once properly understood, the underlying facts do not equate to criminal activity,” Vega wrote.

Politico reported in February that Hunter had a reputation for partying and that federal investigators had been eyeing his activities, but the 41-year-old Hunter dismissed the reports as “tabloid trash.”

Hunter and then President Donald Trump have blamed the indictment on partisan bias, without any proof, within the Department of Justice intended to sway the midterm elections.

• Like 1

Yeah, that’s a great quote.  

The indictment was clearly implying hanky panky with Individual 14, which I thought might tie in to his excuse that the wife is the guilty party.  He is out the door already, so why not burn it down as you exit? 

Edited by SuingToGetAMessageBoard?
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Ted Lange said:

Obviously there's some totally legal loophole in our campaign finance laws that let you use campaign funds for legal defense.

Obviously, if I was the DNC/DCCC/DSCC, I'd be 100% running on some sort of ethics and campaign finance platform in 2018 that includes closing this loophole. 

You fuck up, especially when it comes to misusing campaign funds, you pay your own defense.  Sell your fucking house if you have to, take out a loan, start a GoFundMe.  But you don't get to use funds specifically given to you for an election to defend yourself for misusing those same funds to give yourself a lavish lifestyle.

4 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Sad thing is this dirty mother fucking crook may get re-elected.  Being reported a Democrat internal poll had the race tied up.

Yeah, it's an R+11 district. It's only a race because he's a dirty mother fucking crook. Tied is really good.

7 hours ago, Js1 said:

Obviously there's some totally legal loophole in our campaign finance laws that let you use campaign funds for legal defense.

Obviously, if I was the DNC/DCCC/DSCC, I'd be 100% running on some sort of ethics and campaign finance platform in 2018 that includes closing this loophole. 

You fuck up, especially when it comes to misusing campaign funds, you pay your own defense.  Sell your fucking house if you have to, take out a loan, start a GoFundMe.  But you don't get to use funds specifically given to you for an election to defend yourself for misusing those same funds to give yourself a lavish lifestyle.

Part of me totally agrees with this.  Our campaign finance laws are weak AF.  But then:

3 hours ago, Ted Lange said:

“Speaker Ryan is not the head of the party. Mitch McConnell’s not the head of the party. Trump is,” the 50th District rep said to applause.

A bigger part of me says fuck those donors.  Give your money to a scumbag and see what happens.

I hope this motherfucker gets passed around in prison.  Ammar has a palestinian father (who left the family) and a Hispanic mom, who raised him as a single parent.  Dude started working at a Christian church in the San Diego area as a teen, and still attends regularly and plays music at the services.  Being a "Christian" doesn't make somebody a more attractive candidate in my eyes, but it does demonstrate what a lying piece of fucking dogshit that Duncan Hunter is. 

Edited by Gil Bang

As an investigation continues into Russian meddling in the 2016 presidential election, Hunter said the U.S. has done its fair share of election interference.

“The Russians put ads on Facebook. Do you know what we do as America? We interfere in almost every non-free election in the world,” Hunter said.

According to Hunter, the U.S. has meddled in elections in Russia, Asia, the Middle East and “all of South and Central American electio

4 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

As an investigation continues into Russian meddling in the 2016 presidential election, Hunter said the U.S. has done its fair share of election interference.

“The Russians put ads on Facebook. Do you know what we do as America? We interfere in almost every non-free election in the world,” Hunter said.

According to Hunter, the U.S. has meddled in elections in Russia, Asia, the Middle East and “all of South and Central American electio

Yes, and when we do it, it's illegal in those countries and if our operatives are caught they'll be imprisoned or killed. That's how the spy game works. We break laws in other countries to serve our national interests. They break laws in ours to serve their national interests. They don't excuse our crimes and we don't excuse theirs.

We don't treat American collaborators as harshly as they treat their own citizens who collaborate with us. Perhaps we should. 

• Like 2

On 8/24/2018 at 4:25 PM, Message Board User said:

Well, he doesnt "live" in 3 of those places since his district encompasses more affordable parts of CA so cost of living in SD, SF, and NY shouldnt be a problem for him. We can put these impoverished reps in a dorm when they are working in DC if they can't make ends meet on 3 to 4 times the area median household income. 

Edited by FondrenRoad

14 hours ago, FondrenRoad said:

Well, he doesnt "live" in 3 of those places since his district encompasses more affordable parts of CA so cost of living in SD, SF, and NY shouldnt be a problem for him. We can put these impoverished reps in a dorm when they are working in DC if they can't make ends meet on 3 to 4 times the area median household income. 

Fucking prick has voted against a minimum wage increase every fucking time.