Brett Kavanaugh Confirmation Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

23 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Is Ford saying the memory was repressed and didn’t become conscious to her until marriage counseling?   

Would you support an FBI investigation into the allegations with the liar being charged with perjury?  If not, you don't really care about the truth, you're just team Uber alles.

Would you support an FBI investigation into the allegations with the liar being charged with perjury?  If not, you don't really care about the truth, you're just team Uber alles.

I support it, but the left like you have already said he’s guilty.
  • Fuck You 1

7 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

I don't think she's lying.  I think she had a traumatic experience and truly believes what she is saying.  So I would not support prosecuting her for false allegations.

4 minutes ago, MixtyMotions said:

I don't think she's lying.  I think she had a traumatic experience and truly believes what she is saying.  So I would not support prosecuting her for false allegations.

Ah, so you know that she is experiencing false memories.  Well thank God someone got to the bottom of that.  You should have spoken up sooner -- we could have been done with shit a week ago.

Jesus Christ, rethink your life.

2 hours ago, Aphelion said:

Control questions do nothing to get around their inherent limitations.

That is the idea.  The most common type (and the type used in the study) measures heart rate, respiratory rate, and galvanic skin response.  The aim is to see how one responds to baseline questions and then see how they respond when given questions of interest and compare the two.  I read through the polygraph report and they used the zone comparison test method and they did ask baseline questions for comparison.

Again, I think polygraphs are garbage pseudoscience on par with reading astrological signs, but this particular polygraph examination was useless even by polygraph standards.  They asked her only two yes or no questions of interest at a hotel in the most relaxed of conditions and the examination was administered by a group that they hired.  She could have told you that she killed JFK under those conditions and you probably would not see a stress response.  But again, it doesn't matter anyway because you cannot determine deception by physiological response.  

Polygraph questions are always “yes” or “no”.  Not sure why the need to point that out.  

2 minutes ago, MixtyMotions said:

Read again.  Focus on "think" and "know".

Well, you never used the word "know", and your 3rd sentence seems to indicate you believe she is making false allegations (even if she thinks they're true).  Tell me where I'm wrong.

And then answer the original question with regard to Kavanaugh, because I don't think you were being asked your opinion of accusers.  

Just now, Ghost of LL said:

Kavanaugh is done.  Trump just washed his hands of him.  Trump can now go out and say "I did the best I could, but McConnell (who is such a loser) couldn't get it done."

That's what this is all about.

But Trump wants the hearing to go down because “ratings”.

Yes, he’s that fucked up.

No clue.  Give us your theory.  Also, make sure to give us your explanation for the scenario where BK/the GOP have his nomination withdrawn without having the hearing.

I’ve already said he should withdraw his nomination. I do think the investigation should go on. As of now it’s all he said, she said. I would also like these ladies to be vetted by the fbi. 500 people could send a letter and get lawyer. I want to see some true hard facts about what happened.

I think the left is done with these ladies. They don’t want the investigation to go on because it could hurt them at the polls if Ford is proven to have lied.
  • Fuck You 4

Just now, Stros said:

I’ve already said he should withdraw his nomination. I do think the investigation should go on. As of now it’s all he said, she said. I would also like these ladies to be vetted by the fbi. 500 people could send a letter and get lawyer. I want to see some true hard facts about what happened.

I think the left is done with these ladies. They don’t want the investigation to go on because it could hurt them at the polls if Ford is proven to have lied.

It's he said, she said, she said, she said, she said.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Stros said:

Why doesn’t the GOP leadership want an investigation?  That’s what I’m asking.

2 minutes ago, Stros said:

What the fuck are you talking about?  What Democrat doesn't want the investigation to go on?  Every Democrat out there has been calling for the FBI to be brought in.

10 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

probably because there are still plenty of idiots who refuse to see the writing on the wall

The house goes dem market is still at 71 cents on the yes. It's amazing, 30 cents return in a couple months. If their platform would support real deposits, i woudnt have to work. 

Edited by Anastasis

4 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

The one thing Trump is right about is that if they wanted Kavanaugh, they should have rushed him through two weeks ago.  

And honestly, how stupid is the GOP that they listen to Trump about everything EXCEPT how to deny wrongdoing in sexual assault allegations without it sinking your political ambitions?  I mean, that’s the one thing this fucking guy knows, but they would rather let him handle everything else and blow up the world.

Run the play before the defense is ready!!!