Brett Kavanaugh Confirmation Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

5 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

I have become a huge fan on his based on his performance on Thursday. For me, it’s a test of strength. This is the Democrat playbook of demonizing nominees that will alter the balance of power on the court. That’s why it’s pathetic to see RINOs fall for it. Thankfully, the Flakes, Corkers and McCains of the world are a relic of the past. Party loyalty above “independents” or “mavericks”. The base is reshaping the Republican Party that doesn’t give a fuck about being invited to Harvard to give a commencement address. Guys like DeSantis in Florida and eye patch guy running fur Congress in Houston. 

Seek help. Jesus

17 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Serious question, what does the Republican Party stand for?  What in their platform moves America or the world to a better place?  

I will answer:

1. Anti-globalist in favor of independent American action like Euro-sceptic parties analogy

2. Curbing illegal and legal immigration. Every country in the world has the right to determine the ethnic composition of the country.

3. Abandoning free trade for trade that seeks to improve trade imbalance and loss of good paying manufacturing jobs by leveraging US market clout.

4. Abandoning naive foreign policy of Obama in favor of supporting allies that might be in assholes in Netanyahu and Sisi and trying to further isolate Iran

7 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

I have become a huge fan on his based on his performance on Thursday. For me, it’s a test of strength. This is the Democrat playbook of demonizing nominees that will alter the balance of power on the court. That’s why it’s pathetic to see RINOs fall for it. Thankfully, the Flakes, Corkers and McCains of the world are a relic of the past. Party loyalty above “independents” or “mavericks”. The base is reshaping the Republican Party that doesn’t give a fuck about being invited to Harvard to give a commencement address. Guys like DeSantis in Florida and eye patch guy running fur Congress in Houston. 

HAHAHAHA.  He cried like a little bitch pussy and acted like a complete childish dickhead and you call that "strength"

4 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

This is why Trump will back Kavanaugh to the end.  To back down the nomination conflicts with the narcissism that is at the core of his person. And it's even more amplified in that the allegations re: Kavanaugh are related to sexual assault. Double barreled shotgun pointed at his personality disorder, given his past history with sexual assault allegatoins.  Trump is a deeply flawed person with probably one of the most severe non-completely disabling personality disorders to ever be put on this stage.  I think that all of his actions can be viewed through that lens. I don't think that grand conspiracies involving Kennedy and his son and money laundering are necessary to bring this picture into resolution.  But maybe there is something there.  Perhaps the FBI should be investigating Justice Kennedy at the same time that they are flushing out allegations aimed at Kavanaugh. 

Remember when this Aggy was going to be the Secretary of Veteran Affairs?

Ronny_L._Jackson.jpg

Why didn’t he get confirmed by the Senate? 

2 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

I will answer:

1. Anti-globalist in favor of independent American action like Euro-sceptic parties analogy

2. Curbing illegal and legal immigration. Every country in the world has the right to determine the ethnic composition of the country.

3. Abandoning free trade for trade that seeks to improve trade imbalance and loss of good paying manufacturing jobs by leveraging US market clout.

4. Abandoning naive foreign policy of Obama in favor of supporting allies that might be in assholes in Netanyahu and Sisi and trying to further isolate Iran

You know the United States currently runs the world right?  Why do you think that is? How did we acquire so much wealth and power? 

So you like the republicans because they will make us second fiddle to someone else on the world stage.  

Great idea.

1 minute ago, Gil Bang said:

HAHAHAHA.  He cried like a little bitch pussy and acted like a complete childish dickhead and you call that "strength"

He was relatable to me and represents the America that I value. Not the America of the Linda Sarsour loving, pussy hat wearing women’s marchers. I don’t understand people who are enemies of their own class interests. It’s like wanting to be accepted by the “woke” crowd but not realizing what’s happened to those who have lost power to these elements in other countries. Let me fill you in, that’s why we have so many successful Cubans, Iranians and Chinese in this country.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

2 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

You know the United States currently runs the world right?  Why do you think that is? How did we acquire so much wealth and power? 

So you like the republicans because they will make us second fiddle to someone else on the world stage.  

Great idea.

Forget it, he's rolling.

18 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Is this a serious post?

3 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

He was relatable to me and represents the America that I value. Not the America of the Linda Sarsour loving, pussy hat wearing women’s marchers. I don’t understand people who are enemies of their own class interests. It’s like wanting to be accepted by the “woke” crowd but not realizing what’s happened to those who have lost power to these elements in other countries. Let me fill you in, that’s why we have so many successful Cubans, Iranians and Chinese in this country.

He was relatable to you for a reason, and it might not be the one you think it is. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Jeff Flake is a traitor to the Republican Party. He will be blackballed and will not be invited to speak at Republican events. The base hates him.

According to the NBC/Marist poll earlier in the thread, the majority of the base, by a 20 point margin, believe Kavanaugh should be confirmed to the Supreme Court even if the Ford allegations are true. 

Do you? 

21 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

So you are ok with lyin cryin unhinged bitches runnin the country. Good to know. Go start your own piece of shit country then.  Your values suck. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Remember when this Aggy was going to be the Secretary of Veteran Affairs?

Ronny_L._Jackson.jpg

Why didn’t he get confirmed by the Senate? 

VA Secretary can’t overturn Roe or help Trump with his legal problems. Trump barely knows the department exists and likely has no idea what it does. 

7 minutes ago, softlynow said:

VA Secretary can’t overturn Roe or help Trump with his legal problems. Trump barely knows the department exists and likely has no idea what it does. 

Right but the point is Trump pulled the plug on him and found someone else more politically acceptable.  That counters the argument that Trump won’t pull Kavanaugh simply because of hubris.

It’s like there’s a clock ticking that we don’t know about and it has nothing to do with the midterms even though that’s the common argument for the rush on Kavanaugh.  

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

Yeah it’s so hard to imagine Kavanaugh getting drunk and belligerent and forcing himself on a woman maybe after she decided it was time to stop and not go further. Maybe he’s not technically a rapist, but he’s obviously a guy who gets obnoxiously drunk and aggressive and has probably taken it too far with a woman. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, softlynow said:

Like it matters. Truth means nothing, only power. Dems don’t get that, and don’t get that they have to be ruthless when they have it. Pubs would wipe their asses with the flag and piss on the constitution if it suited them.

The tree of liberty is looking mighty parched, but we’re too fat and happy to give a damn. 

And yet here we are having an FBI investigation in part because three women with no political power (Ford and also the two in the elevator) chose to speak the truth. Media outlets have been chasing the truth and putting pressure on the powerful. Kavanaugh's classmates are speaking up and telling their experiences with him. The truth might not win, but it's putting up a good fight. 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

So you are ok with lyin cryin unhinged bitches runnin the country. Good to know. Go start your own piece of shit country then.  Your values suck. 

His own country already got taken over because of the same type of behavior he’s encouraging here.  But he’s either to dumb, selfish or both to learn from it.  

• Like 4

drunken high school sexual misconduct turned creepy adult fetish ? ---> The other guy identified by Dr. Ford in the room during her sexual assault, Mark Judge, has good reason to be in hiding, claiming to suffer from debilitating anxiety and depression.  

Check out the full thread for more Mark Judge pseudo-necro themed images:

5 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

drunken high school sexual misconduct turned creepy adult fetish ? ---> The other guy identified by Dr. Ford in the room during her sexual assault, Mark Judge, has good reason to be in hiding, claiming to suffer from debilitating anxiety and depression.  

Check out the full thread for more Mark Judge pseudo-necro themed images:

Hot. 

Edited by Iconoclast Texan

I was about to make a shitty comment about "not technically a rapist" as being good enough for the supreme court, but instead I'm going to focus back on the actual facts of how he was just sitting in front of the Senate on Thursday lying his ass off about stupid shit.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

I have become a huge fan on his based on his performance on Thursday. For me, it’s a test of strength. 

Only you would equate a crying Eastern elite man-baby with strength. 

Next you will tell us how brave Ted Cruz was when he kissed Trump’s ring after Trump insulted his wife’s looks and mental health,, and insulted the character of his dad. 

2 hours ago, bolverk said:

Bullshit. If it were only a question of ideology, the Republicans (you know, the party in power) could've easily dumped him a week ago. No, there's got to be a very specific reason they're putting everything on the line for him.

They could have dumped him last week, and challenged the Dems to shoot down Amy’s confirmation this week.  You know more than a few Catholic Dems would have been on board with her.

Instead, Linda Graham shrieked at the world because they just weren’t seeing the same beautiful, crying man that he saw.  

Something is fishy, and me thinks there were promises made behind the scenes.  

16 minutes ago, Mole said:

And yet here we are having an FBI investigation in part because three women with no political power (Ford and also the two in the elevator) chose to speak the truth. Media outlets have been chasing the truth and putting pressure on the powerful. Kavanaugh's classmates are speaking up and telling their experiences with him. The truth might not win, but it's putting up a good fight. 

Flake still wants to be president. He was in a tough spot and thinks he figured out a way to navigate through it. In the end he has to confirm BK to someday get his party’s nomination. This all amounts to a moral victory at best. 

Move seen the transformation of Pub voters in my social circle. Folks who absolutely HATED Trump now parrot every idiotic thing he says. They don’t care about our truth and have no clue what they’re supporting at this point. They’ve bent the knee and there’s no going back.

They have gerrymandered maps, voter suppression laws and confined Russian interference on their side. We have emotional pleas about past abuse in an elevator to kleptocrats who don’t give a shit on ours.

One week to placate the media and then they’ll be right back to dismantling the Republic. 

I get the impression that the FBI is asking Ford and Ramirez for witnesses who might corroborate their story and then will interview these witnesses.  I also have the impression that they aren't interviewing people who have dirt which doesn't answer the question of whether Kavanaugh attended a party like the one Ford described or Kavanaugh exposed himself to Ramirez.  The stuff I hear all seems to be dirt which doesn't answer one of the two core questions.

I was all for Jeff Flake when he did his hero thing, but then yesterday he said he was going to vote for BK if the FBI didn't find aanything on him. So, BK acting like a spoiled kid with a bad tempermant and extreme partisanhip in his opening statement. That coupled with him not answering questions and noticebly lying during his interview process, was OK for someone who is suppose to be neutral in the SC? Right Jeff? This whole thing is a sham.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

It’s not that simple. If that was true, Kavanaugh would have been confirmed already.

Many GOP Senators are paying a high political price for Kavanaugh if confirmed.  These guys operate solely out of self interest, they’re mercenaries.

I honestly believe several Senators want a way out of Kavanaugh but without the cost of alienating the Trump base. 

The war is currently with a handful of GOP Senators and the White House.  The democrats are pouring gasoline on this fire, as they should.

They all know that Kavanaugh is just going to help either drive up female turnout in the voting booth in general, or help depress voting from moderate/Republican women.

Graham and Grassley, and the others going all in on Kavanaugh are fucking nuts, because they are quite willing to hasten political change that was still a few years down the road.  Political change that is damaging to the GOP. 

Well I used to change oil for a living and he looked like a fucking pussy to me, and I think party loyalty is a shell game. So, I guess we cancel each other out.

• Like 1

At this point I think any red state democratic senator who votes for Kavanaugh will be in trouble due to a loss of democratic votes.

I want to see a democratic majority in the Senate but I could not vote for anyone who votes to confirm that piece of shit.

7 minutes ago, Brandywine said:

I was all for Jeff Flake when he did his hero thing, but then yesterday he said he was going to vote for BK if the FBI didn't find aanything on him. So, BK acting like a spoiled kid with a bad tempermant and extreme partisanhip in his opening statement. That coupled with him not answering questions and noticebly lying during his interview process, was OK for someone who is suppose to be neutral in the SC? Right Jeff? This whole thing is a sham.

I saw the 60 Minutes interview with Flake tonight and he’s clearly still playing partisan politics but in a moment of candor he said there was no way he would have requested the FBI investigation if he was running for re-election.   He said there’s just no currency anymore in bipartisanship. 

It’s almost like they support Kavanaugh just because the democrats are so vehemently opposed to him.  It echoes back to the Tea Party tactics with anything Obama did regardless if it was a position they previously supported.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Great idea.

We all know there's no way the Republicans would accept another pussy elite when they rail and campaign against them all the time.  Wait, Kavs is a pussy elite private school guy with Yale family alumni? Color me surprised yet again at the hypocrisy.  

2 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

We all know there's no way the Republicans would accept another pussy elite when they rail and campaign against them all the time.  Wait, Kavs is a pussy elite private school guy with Yale family alumni? Color me surprised yet again at the hypocrisy.  

DCF74B08-359F-4E5E-819A-0727223BEFE2_zps

• Like 1