Brett Kavanaugh Confirmation Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

11 hours ago, David Dennison said:

George Soros is the most powerful man in the world.

Why do y’all discount the power and reach one of the richest men of the world who spends hundreds of millions of dollars advocating a globalist, progressive agenda. Y’all love to rail on Fox News for their influence. Same criticism for both except Fox News does not have paid protestors like Soros getting airtime. One of the things I like about Viktor Orban is that he works diligently to counter that son of a bitch with a nationalist agenda which is highly popular in Hungary.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Wow. This is Aggy Bama 54-0 bad this morning. 

The Sham is falling apart. The roaches scurry away from the light. 

Not 54-0.  Grassley and Mitch will go after Warren for leaking info on the FBI report.  There will be payback for her publicly stating it is not as thorough as they claim  

And most will ignore her comments, because everything is about Party.  

Doesn’t matter what he Dems do though anyways.  If Kav is not confirmed, it will be because not all Republicans are on board.   That will be squarely on the shoulders of Trump, Mitch, and Grassley.  

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Why do y’all discount the power and reach one of the richest men of the world who spends hundreds of millions of dollars advocating a globalist, progressive agenda. Y’all love to rail on Fox News for their influence. Same criticism for both except Fox News does not have paid protestors like Soros getting airtime. One of the things I like about Viktor Orban is that he works diligently to counter that son of a bitch with a nationalist agenda which is highly popular in Hungary.

Honestly, the Koch brothers seem more effective/scary.   They are much more precise in what they do.  They are willing to work at state levels to help with gerrymandering, budgets, etc. 

2 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

So not interested in the truth. Just want to try and play gotcha and keep stalling. 

Not give DiFi more time to pressure witnesses to change their story. 

What would the FBI learn from Ford they did not already know?  Her attorneys are not screaming the Brett was not interviewed by the FBI, just Ford. Was she withholding information from the Senate?  

Make her attorneys are the last people to trust on this. These are the idiots who apparently forced their client into the public spectacle in DC by withholding the private in home interview offer. 

*and lets be real. This is a lie by Ford. The Senators were tweeting offers of just that (private in home interview) for days. It was on every news channel. She lied when she said she was unaware. 

You really don't get it.  Go ahead and confirm Brett.  Just don't whine when he's subjected to a legitimate investigation and he gets nailed. 

The objective findings will be lying about his financials.

3 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

1. He’s barely in the top 200 world wide at 190.

https://www.forbes.com/billionaires/list/

2. George Soros doesn’t own a media empire.

5 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

I’m looking forward to every future SCOTUS nominee trying to defend everything they did in high school. That’s where we’re going. Both sides better be ready for that.

I'm clean.  I think my biggest transgression was being mean to a kid down the street.  Oh, I did trip a girl on the last day of school.  Didn't drink or drug -- well, the chick in front of me at the Boston concert ~ sophomore year passed back a joint and I took a hit.  Never came close to sexual assault.  Hell, barely got close to any sexual activity at all.

Fortunately I got around to the beer & sex in college.  BUT (crazy I know) -- no sexual assault.

I don't think the world is so empty of people with relatively unimpeachable backgrounds as you might think

46 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

So the story is that Leland Keyser told the FBI that she felt pressured to change her account of the events surrounding the alleged sexual assault by a retired FBI agent that, according to Ford's ex-boyfriend, Ford had coached on how to beat a polygraph test during her employment interview? Fucking America. Jesus. 

Can someone who isn't a poor spoiler tag the actual WSJ article. 

• Like 2

Just now, G650 said:

I mean, I probably hold the American populace in lower esteem than anyone here, but this is absolutely false.

I would bet a slim majority of them could name one - but the VAST majority probably couldn't name 2.

If they don't have the votes, the GOP would be much better off right now if they hadn't gotten rid of the filibuster. Then the GOP could legitimately claim it was the dems obstructing, and Collins and Flake wouldn't even have to go on the record with how they're voting.  They may have shot themselves in the foot by getting rid of the filibuster.

But, nothing matters, and there's no traditional political analysis, and we'll have Justice Kavanaugh on Monday.

Edited by lemonlime

10 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

We don't discount the power. We just don't sit around and bitch about Koch brothers, Sheldon Adelson, the Mercers, etc who spend far greater sums of money for influence. We have enough facts on our side that we don't have to use a strawman boogeyman to make ourselves feel better when we see things we don't agree with. 

5 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

So the story is that Leland Keyser told the FBI that she felt pressured to change her account of the events surrounding the alleged sexual assault by a retired FBI agent that, according to Ford's ex-boyfriend, Ford had coached on how to beat a polygraph test during her employment interview? Fucking America. Jesus.

What's the process for removing a US senator for ethics violations?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

You really don't get it.  Go ahead and confirm Brett.  Just don't whine when he's subjected to a legitimate investigation and he gets nailed. 

The objective findings will be lying about his financials.

I’m totally on board with that. Have Ford go the the Maryland police and file a complaint. 

If they find evidence and can prove the charge, kick his ass out. 

Thats what you don’t get. I’m not scared of them finding the truth. I just recognize a witch hunt when I see one, and it is a scary abuse of power with the full weight of a biased media behind them. We’ve all read the Crucible. 

The bottom line is if this was handled properly in July we aren’t where we are. But that was never an option because it would be kept confidential. That was their 100% goal. Get the allegation to the media. Just as we see when the Dems and their attorneys forced Ford to testify in public against her wishes. 

I care more about our legal system, evidence, due process etc 

the only Rape we have evidence on is the Democratic Party during this whole circus. They committed treason and failed in their sworn duties to all Americans. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Lagunamadre said:

We don't discount the power. We just don't sit around and bitch about Koch brothers, Sheldon Adelson, the Mercers, etc who spend far greater sums of money for influence. We have enough facts on our side that we don't have to use a strawman boogeyman to make ourselves feel better when we see things we don't agree with. 

George Soros's Jew money - bad

Sheldon Adelson's Jew money - good

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

I would bet a slim majority of them could name one - but the VAST majority probably couldn't name 2.

RBG is practically a pop star at this point. Everyone knows Clarence Thomas because Anita Hill. Scalia was really well known before he kicked the bucket. Sotomayor was big news.

These people are known. There is a weird ass denial going on among the Republican Tribe right now that's telling themselves that no one will remember, it will be forgotten, or whatever. It's bizarre. This shit is going to be in history books, no one is going to forget this spectacle.

2 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

I’m totally on board with that. Have Ford go the the Maryland police and file a complaint. 

If they find evidence and can prove the charge, kick his ass out. 

Thats what you don’t get. I’m not scared of them finding the truth. I just recognize a witch hunt when I see one, and it is a scary abuse of power with the full weight of a biased media behind them. We’ve all read the Crucible. 

The bottom line is if this was handled properly in July we aren’t where we are. But that was never an option because it would be kept confidential. That was their 100% goal. Get the allegation to the media. Just as we see when the Dems and their attorneys forced Ford to testify in public against her wishes. 

I care more about our legal system, evidence, due process etc 

the only Rape we have evidence on is the Democratic Party during this whole circus. They committed treason and failed in their sworn duties to all Americans. 

You've got an eagle eye for a witch hunt and a blind spot for a cover-up.  Senate and Trump can't let Brett sit with FBI - he'd be cooked.  

Again, follow the money.  He also lied about his financials.

2 minutes ago, Amobie said:

Soros is an atheist and was a nazi collaborator.  Like..  he was an actual Nazi.  Wore a uniform, arrested jews and everything.

Holy shit.  I'd suggest a new user name because you're about to get slaughtered.  Come on, man.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, G650 said:

RBG is practically a pop star at this point. Everyone knows Clarence Thomas because Anita Hill. Scalia was really well known before he kicked the bucket. Sotomayor was big news.

These people are known. There is a weird ass denial going on among the Republican Tribe right now that's telling themselves that no one will remember, it will be forgotten, or whatever. It's bizarre. This shit is going to be in history books, no one is going to forget this spectacle.

I'd say most can name RBG.

A handful can probably name Thomas/Roberts/Sotomayor

12 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Flake is still Flaking

Remains undecided as of now

Still weighing concerns and factors

I think you mean cost-benefit analysis.

Flake's benefit, Flake's cost.  His personal calculus.

What is right?  What is best?  What is most consistent with the ideals we espouse as a nation?  Get that idealistic shit out of here.

Edited by Degenerate Gardner

1 hour ago, Enchubben said:

And there is the angle for the next nominee. She didn’t grow up quite as rich so we can’t play the white entitlement card, she’s a woman so we can’t play sexual assault allegation card. They may be able to pull a racist card if they try hard enough, but imo the angle will be that she’s a religious fanatic because she has lots of kids (no abortions) and is in a prayer group.

This sample post from so many of the Kav backers shows how information-proof some people have made themselves. All in the name of the team. This is amateur operative hackism at its lowest.

Kavanaugh's rehearsed anger about a Dem conspiracy against him is echoed from Mitch down to Chrispy. It started with sympathy "but she's wrong."

Now she and her testimony are ridiculed and dismissed altogether. It's all just a big joke, a failure of the Dems to do what we'd do (but never recognize in ourselves). The Dems will try this all the time now, so we know no GOP nominee can possibly be dirty. 

The GOP can push any hack or sicko they want for any position because that person must be the best qualified since the Dems object to them. It's the Dems that are hacks and sickos not us! Such reasoning circles like a hungry shark around the republic.

It's easy to think it started with the embrace of Trump, but that embrace is actually the culmination of what started during the Reagan years. It's ingrained. It's who they are. Selfish, information-/argument-proof, happily aligned with racists, and easily forgiving of any trespass by a teammate.

Absolute moral bankruptcy. 

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, Degenerate Gardner said:

I think you mean cost-benefit analysis.

Flake's benefit, Flake's cost.  His personal calculus.

What is right?  What is best?  What is most consistent with the ideals we espouse?  Get that idealistic shit out of here.

More like “will I be more of a hero or a villain if I vote no.”

2 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

You've got an eagle eye for a witch hunt and a blind spot for a cover-up.  Senate and Trump can't let Brett sit with FBI - he'd be cooked.  

Again, follow the money.  He also lied about his financials.

So her five witnesses and including life long friend are all part of the cover up and calling her a liar?

we do now have evidence from the FBI that he lifelong friend was pressured to change her testimony. 

Follow reality

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Holy shit.  I'd suggest a new user name because you're about to get slaughtered.  Come on, man.

I watched the old interview he gave.  Not sure how pointing out that's exactly what happened isn't 100% verifiable.

A little late to the party, but one question has stuck with me during this month long circus:

How did we get to the point where a 85 year old windbag farmer from Iowa (a state with less than 1% of the country’s population) is leading the committee that confirms god damn Supreme Court justices to a life time appointment?? Like what the fuck

Edited by TheFlagship
  • Like 1

Just now, Amobie said:

I watched the old interview he gave.  Not sure how pointing out that's exactly what happened isn't 100% verifiable.

You're doubling down.  You're actually doubling down.

He was 14 when the war ended.  He was a Jew.  From Hungary.  You think he served in the Nazi SS? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

More like “will I be more of a hero or a villain if I vote no.”

That may be true, but I don't think Flake's hero aspirations are owed to a desire to do the right thing or serve the greater good.  It has more to do with trying to set a narrative for a Presidential run and divining which option has the greater ROI.  Call it vanity or ambition, that's a distinction without difference in this case.