BIC lighters

Tap

BIC lighters may be the most well made product with respect to their price in the history of mankind. I just picked mine up out of the bottom of the washing machine and it worked immediately. I have a lot of nice guns, knives and watches and I appreciate the quality of all of them, but pound for pound I think the BIC stacks up well against the Colt Python, Randall knife, and Omega watch. Every other lighter is complete crap when compared as well.

Is there another product that dominates the competition or has the quality to price ratio of the bic lighter?

062e363497c615a924647116e83a6551.jpg

• Like 1

If you aren't de-childproofing them before use then you're doing it wrong. There's just that thin metal band that you can easily pry up and remove. It's not connected to anything. I use a key to pry up those little metal tabs holding it in place and then I can grip it with the nails of my thumb and middle finger and wiggle it free. Then I use the key to bend those tabs back in place. 

And do you know the trick of using your lighter to open a beer bottle?

16 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

This is one thread where disputes against OP's point are really pretty silly. 

One may argue a product might rival the function of a Bic lighter which falls outside the lighter world, but the bic really is in a class of its own. 

In the post apocalypse the man who occupies the Bic factory and controls the supply will be rich beyond his dreams 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

In the post apocalypse the man who occupies the Bic factory and controls the supply will be rich beyond his dreams 

I always say, in the event of a complete collapse of the financial system, I ain't buying gold, I'm buying guns.  But maybe I will buy some bic lighters too.

19 hours ago, Tap said:

BIC lighters may be the most well made product with respect to their price in the history of mankind. I just picked mine up out of the bottom of the washing machine and it worked immediately. I have a lot of nice guns, knives and watches and I appreciate the quality of all of them, but pound for pound I think the BIC stacks up well against the Colt Python, Randall knife, and Omega watch. Every other lighter is complete crap when compared as well.

Is there another product that dominates the competition or has the quality to price ratio of the bic lighter?

062e363497c615a924647116e83a6551.jpg

Be a man, buy the full-size ones.

Or you have big hands. You know what they say...

Edited by Deej