2018 game 1 thread :: Texas @ Maryland :: Exiting the Wilderness

Hagbard Celine

8 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Ehlinger is so bi polar, looks amazing then pulls off shit I only thought swoopes would do. My last chic bang was super bi polar so I’m out of ehlinger.

He looks good running the ball and over throwing to a receiver that dives to make a catch you mean???   Other then that he hit a couple of short passes and mid range to wide open or jump balls receivers? 

Edited by Hook1997

2 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

Did we watch the same game??  Did I miss something other then running he did good? Lol

No I totally agree I just didn’t have a good response. My bi Polar statement is basically he runs well then finds a way to swoopes it up. I don’t see how buchele doesn’t get a shot against Tulsa next week.

How we still get skill position recruites bogles my mind....  If you watch last year and today, I would think it would be a hard pass right now

This right here. What’s the pitch? Come to Texas and maybe... maybe you’ll play over lesser players.

Oh well. The sun will come up tomorrow.

7 minutes ago, TexasBeta said:

This right here. What’s the pitch? Come to Texas and maybe... maybe you’ll play over lesser players.

Oh well. The sun will come up tomorrow.

When is the last time you saw Tech play and thought, "Damn, that guy sucks.  He just doesn't have it.  Not surprising they have a bust at QB."

Been a while, eh?   Most of Tech's QBs are pretty damned good.  They may be system guys not suited for the NFL but they can play college ball.  Weak armed on occasion, but they find a way to compensate.  

8 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

The offensive line had a pretty good game. 

they had a much better Game Pass blocking, but they still suck shit through a straw for runs. I saw  5'10"  or 6' Maryland linebackers push 2 blockers back for 3 yards about 20 times today.

However, Improvement is Improvement I guess...

Edited by phdhorn

2 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

How we still get skill position recruites bogles my mind....  If you watch last year and today, I would think it would be a hard pass right now

This! I’ve said several times today that I just didn’t see any flash outside of a couple of plays. I know there are dudes on this team with serious athleticism, but whatever we’ve been doing doesn’t allow it flourish. Shit we can’t even get it to sprout.

Edited by FizzleFish

36 minutes ago, Handcruser said:

Basically what I understand from coach and player interviews after the game is we were trying to play too good and that's why we lost.

That's fucking perfect.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I absolutely lost it when I heard that fucking lame excuse.  How did the media let him get away with that bullshit?  Oh wait... now I remember.

4 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

If serious, the day your child is born, the importance of all this will take a monster nose dive into your zero fucks given pool. You'll still care, some, but you'll realize it's just a game played by very young men, nearly children. At least, it should. If it doesn't then you should stop watching and maybe get some help. Seriously.

It’s really just about the 3 hours on Saturdays, and whether it’s fair to the baby to allow that frustration into the house.  I probably already know the answer, I just don’t know how to not turn the TV on when it’s game time. I’ve told myself I would before but it doesn’t work. Anybody have success with that? 

Serious question need advice. If you were a few days away from having your first child, would you continue to watch this shit show every Saturday or would you sit this season out so that the baby has a fair entrance to the world that is not clouded by rage and frustration ? 

You won't even turn the TV on. You'll be distracted. Unless you live in a big ass house and expect your wife to do everything, you'll be so scared about waking the baby and creating more work for yourself.

I'm a movie buff. I think in my daughter's 16 months, I've watched TWO movies at home. The TV almost never goes on. Now that she's older, I feel ok putting tennis on. Today was the first UT game I've watched since 2016.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, triplelonghorn said:

You won't even turn the TV on. You'll be distracted. Unless you live in a big ass house and expect your wife to do everything, you'll be so scared about waking the baby and creating more work for yourself.

I'm a movie buff. I think in my daughter's 16 months, I've watched TWO movies at home. The TV almost never goes on. Now that she's older, I feel ok putting tennis on. Today was the first UT game I've watched since 2016.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Wish I could say that, but more like 2010ish

1 hour ago, triplelonghorn said:

I got a Roku with the remote that lets you plug headphones in when my first kid was born.  Now I'd get an AppleTV with bluetooth headphones.  Either way, solves a lot of problems.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GotThatFire said:

It’s really just about the 3 hours on Saturdays, and whether it’s fair to the baby to allow that frustration into the house.  I probably already know the answer, I just don’t know how to not turn the TV on when it’s game time. I’ve told myself I would before but it doesn’t work. Anybody have success with that? 

The buildup today's game felt like a small-part of the anticipation I had for the Star Wars Episode I, and the result was about the same.  When my kids were born, I skipped a lot of games, or casually followed along on a tablet.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GotThatFire said:

Serious question need advice. If you were a few days away from having your first child, would you continue to watch this shit show every Saturday or would you sit this season out so that the baby has a fair entrance to the world that is not clouded by rage and frustration ? 

Your child with give you the proper perspective on what is truly important and Texas football will take a backseat. Congratulations and enjoy the moments 

• Like 2