Tom "the turtle" Herman [Lame Duck or greatest 5d chess player ever?]

Neonmoon

3 hours ago, longhrnfan said:

What is the biggest knock on NFL coaches coming to college? Simply dealing with an amateur environment and recruiting? There are some NFL coaches that I would LOVE to have as a headcoach, but a lot of question marks regarding their ability to recruit, etc. 

You mean preferring to work with professional players? No bullshit acedemics to deal with, no recruiting, and yeah, shit load of money.

Yeah, I don’t understand either

You mean preferring to work with professional players? No bullshit acedemics to deal with, no recruiting, and yeah, shit load of money.
Yeah, I don’t understand either

Yup, making about $9M a year to just coach football. Better deal for sure.
And TBH, I’d ask for an extra $5M alone just to have to put up with the “Eyes” bullshit.

Let's all be real classy today and follow, harass, and try to run off the road the bus of the opposing team on IH-35 this weekend.  

What fucking disgusting lives some people live.  

Having said that, go America...go Longhorns. 

We have to be the only school in NCAA history to try to fund a $175mm football stadium expansion, a $350mm basketball arena, and buyout that football coach, and that basketball coach all in the same fiscal biennium.  

Edited by Lobo

15 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Let's all be real classy today and follow, harass, and try to run off the road the bus of the opposing team on IH-35 this weekend.  

We have to be the only school in NCAA history to try to fund a $175mm football stadium expansion, a $350mm basketball arena, and buyout that football coach, and that basketball coach all in the same fiscal biennium.  

We were pretty creative funding the basketball arena

16 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Go back to the cloak room

• Hook 'Em 1

^
I read that in Reese Witherspoon's voice, but you/she were yelling it at the whole coaching staff pre-game meeting, "Can't none of y'all walk the line."

So, uh...what're you doing later?  

18 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

Wow. It won’t matter because no way we run the table, but I can’t believe this conference is such a mess that we control our own destiny in October with 2 losses. 

I will be shocked if we get a W today. And while it would be difficult to fire a coach that just won the conference, I would believe we should do just that.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Lol it's so odd how many of y'all hate Herman so much you want the team to tank.

Tanking doesn't get us better recruits, college football is Jimmys and Joe's not Xs and Os.

Based on the talent of our Jimmies and Joes, we should be ranked #5. You’ve just made the argument to get rid of the coach that is underachieving with all our talent. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

Just now, Duane Moore said:

Based on the talent of our Jimmies and Joes, we should be ranked #5. You’ve just made the argument to get rid of the coach that is underachieving with all our talent. 

Yeah I don't know where everyone gets this, I guess some rating thing from high school? I look at our O line and D line, then glance at Florida or someone and it's night and day.

Our skill players maybe compare but the trenches look weak as fuck in the big12, us included.

10 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Yeah I don't know where everyone gets this, I guess some rating thing from high school? I look at our O line and D line, then glance at Florida or someone and it's night and day.

Our skill players maybe compare but the trenches look weak as fuck in the big12, us included.

And you don't think any of the fault lies on Herman's ability to develop?  Now at year 4?

Edited by westexhorn

• immamac changed the title to Tom Herman, Still The Head Coach at Texas