Tom "the turtle" Herman [Lame Duck or greatest 5d chess player ever?]

Neonmoon

On 10/29/2020 at 6:24 PM, victory88 said:

Yup,  I follow recruiting religiously.  This is one of the worst meltdowns from a recruiting standpoint.  I’m not sure how we convince these kids to jump back on board and convince other talented players to give us a look.  As a parent, I 100% wouldn’t want my kid to play for this coach and this athletic department.  The only thing we have proven is that we waste talent, and keep horrible coaches in charge longer than they should.  

You kind of have to think something besides losing quite a bit is going on.  As in Herman is not fielding inquiries from recruits in a graceful or reassuring way.  Or maybe it's the Eyes thing.  

We've done a lot of losing lately without having our classes crater quite like this.

2 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Yeah I don't know where everyone gets this, I guess some rating thing from high school? I look at our O line and D line, then glance at Florida or someone and it's night and day.

Our skill players maybe compare but the trenches look weak as fuck in the big12, us included.

Our O-line has been utter garbage for 10-plus years. This is 100% on the Head Coach. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

You kind of have to think something besides losing quite a bit is going on.  As in Herman is not fielding inquiries from recruits in a graceful or reassuring way.  Or maybe it's the Eyes thing.  

We've done a lot of losing lately without having our classes crater quite like this.

Yeah, as mediocre as we've been for the last decade...we're still getting good athletes.  Then they get to campus and achieve new levels of mediocrity under Brown, Strong, and Herman.  Tom's fucking up the system.  You can't he highly recruited and then not come to Texas.  You have to let these coaches help you reach new mid-levels.  

At Texas football, you can't just be mediocre on signing day.  You have to be mediocre after you're done here...you see...we build to that.

4 minutes ago, Sejjr said:

Our O-line has been utter garbage for 10-plus years. This is 100% on the Head Coach. 

I think Herb Hand is badass, Auburn O line used to steam roll mother fuckers.

Some of the blame is because Beck sucked shit, Yursich hasn't really had a chance yet.

10 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Yeah I don't know where everyone gets this, I guess some rating thing from high school? I look at our O line and D line, then glance at Florida or someone and it's night and day.

Our skill players maybe compare but the trenches look weak as fuck in the big12, us included.

It’s from the 247 talent composite. 

https://247sports.com/Season/2020-Football/CollegeTeamTalentComposite/

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Zeus said:

Some of the blame is because Beck sucked shit, Yursich hasn't really had a chance yet.

You better review what Auburn fans said about Herbbie.  They couldn't wait for him to leave town apparently

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Lol it's so odd how many of y'all hate Herman so much you want the team to tank.

Tanking doesn't get us better recruits, college football is Jimmys and Joe's not Xs and Os.

We consistently get beat by lesser jimmys and joes. It blows my mind that any Texas fan could still believe that garbage.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, westexhorn said:

You better review what Auburn fans said about Herbbie.  They couldn't wait for him to leave town apparently

Look at their run game numbers when he was there vs when he left. They used to lean on people and be able to always get 4 yards up the gut at any time.

1 minute ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

We consistently get beat by lesser jimmys and joes. It blows my mind that any Texas fan could still believe that garbage.

What makes them lesser? Their star rating in high school?

Not saying the blame doesn't lie on the coaches but the players are soft whiney bitches who live on Twitter instead of the weight room. I don't know how you fix that, we spoil kids at Texas. Look at what Malik Jefferson became vs. what he was supposed to be.

2 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Not saying the blame doesn't lie on the coaches but the players are soft whiney bitches who live on Twitter instead of the weight room. I don't know how you fix that, we spoil kids at Texas. Look at what Malik Jefferson became vs. what he was supposed to be.

Only Texas has players on Twitter. 

• Hook 'Em 2

I'm a Jimmies and Joes guy... We have enough to win the conference. We have more talent than in 2013 - 2017.

If we turn this around and win the conference, great.

If we don't... Par.

3 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Star rating in high school matters, there is a shitload of data out there that proves it. Coaching and development also matter.

We lost to TCU and needed a miracle to beat Tech. Do you really think we don’t have a significant talent advantage over those teams?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Zeus said:

So you don't know shit then? Becuase Herb Hand is a pile of shit that both auburn and PSU where glad to see gone.

On 10/25/2020 at 1:14 PM, ztejas said:

Uh. No it isn't. Tech sucks. WVU sucks. Baylor and Kansas REALLY suck. TCU is okay - ISU and K State are pretty good - and OSU is the only very good team in the conference. Who knows what OU* ends up being.

WVU (sucks) vs K State (pretty good):  37 - 10.

Suspicious Ferris Buellers Day Off GIF by MOODMANMr Bean Idea GIF by Working Titlebbc yes GIF

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Not a Sock said:

So you don't know shit then? Becuase Herb Hand is a pile of shit that both auburn and PSU where glad to see gone.

Lulz every fanbase is "glad to see em go" when they lose someone. He wasn't fired or anything, but yeah, their O-line is WAY better since he left right?

Right?

• Fuck You 1

This is surreal. Watching the team play uninspired, likely towards another loss, while our first choice for next coach is commenting on the game. We would be getting dominated without the three turnovers. UM didn’t say anything about Texas and focused on okie light when it was his turn to comment. Seemed like he was intentionally avoiding it. 

15 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

1st and 10 from the 22 with :24 left and no times out and you call...a motherfucking quarterback keeper?

Are you really that fucking stupid?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it wasn't a keeper.  the play action was stupid as shit in that situation.  everyone knows you aren't running.  sam takes his eyes off the receivers during the play action also.  Its just dumb all the way around.

Just now, dcar00 said:

it wasn't a keeper.  the play action was stupid as shit in that situation.  everyone knows you aren't running.  sam takes his eyes off the receivers during the play action also.  Its just dumb all the way around.

So we have decided to bring back some of the Gilbert offense to show play action for no apparent reason.

7 minutes ago, TexasEx said:

This is surreal. Watching the team play uninspired, likely towards another loss, while our first choice for next coach is commenting on the game. We would be getting dominated without the three turnovers. UM didn’t say anything about Texas and focused on okie light when it was his turn to comment. Seemed like he was intentionally avoiding it. 

see Urban is a good guy..if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all.

• Haha 1

• immamac changed the title to Tom Herman, Still The Head Coach at Texas