Official "Fuck this stupid ass-commercial" thread

Prepuce of Doom

1 hour ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Whelp.   I saw the all-time worst last night during the local broadcast of the Cowboy game.  I did a quick search but couldn't find it.  

The ad is basically a guy's ass cheeks talking.  No, I'm not kidding.  It's a close-up of a guy's ass in khaki's having a conversation.  The cheeks move at each inflection of the voice.  I'd rather watch 5 hours of that overrated, fatass AT&T chick hiding behind a counter than see this one again.

jim carrey alrighty then GIF by Ace Ventura

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, TexLonghorn said:

This was the worst part of the Olympics:

"Tomorrow... the WNBA will surpass the NBA in popularity!!"

Why is the tennis legend in a wheel chair?  Is she the champion of wheelchair tennis?  Is she a champion of regular tennis but does so in a wheel chair?  I’m sorry to break it to you paraplegics…..Nike is lying to you. This will never happen.  What a load of pandering bullshit. 

Shoes growing on trees would however be the best day ever for the 12 year old Vietnamese kids sewing their shoes now. 

Edited by Lhorn
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

Why is the tennis legend in a wheel chair?  Is she the champion of wheelchair tennis?  Is she a champion of regular tennis but does so in a wheel chair?  I’m sorry to break it to you paraplegics…..Nike is lying to you. This will never happen.  What a load of pandering bullshit. 

She was hit by a sniper during the '72 Olympics or maybe it was a bio attack at Sochi. These things all run together.

Edited by RPM

18 hours ago, mr. sunshine said:

What does a Peloton or spin class instructor actually do? 

Hey! Peddle forward! Real hard! Until I say to quit!

Hey forward not backwards!

This is dumb. “What does a yoga instructor do- just tell you to stretch?”

They guide the workout. There’s different resistance settings combined with varying speed over different intervals. So you could High Intensity Interval Training; heavy, slower climbs; strength/endurance training, like for a triathlon; or a mix of all; and a variety of other things.

They also set the ride to music, so some of the instructors have the speed of the bike mirror the downbeat of the songs. Yes, there’s encouragement too. Some dance and try to be funny. Whatever- working out can suck, so if you’re entertained or at least distracted, 30 minutes goes pretty quickly 

Peloton also has a bunch of non-bike workouts in the app. Runs, yoga, some limited weights stuff. It’s not for everyone, but there’s a reason it’s popular 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, mr. sunshine said:

What does a Peloton or spin class instructor actually do? 

Hey! Peddle forward! Real hard! Until I say to quit!

Hey forward not backwards!

From the commercials I think they motivate people through their emotions.

“Keep going, I know it hurts!” 
“THEY CANT STOP YOU!  THEY CANT BREAK YOU!”  (Who do these paranoid MFers think is trying to break them?)

id approach it differently.  “Sorry if I get a boner Peleton.  It’s because I’m looking at a room full of pussies!”  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Pig Bellmont said:

They guide the workout. There’s different resistance settings combined with varying speed over different intervals. So you could High Intensity Interval Training; heavy, slower climbs; strength/endurance training, like for a triathlon; or a mix of all; and a variety of other things.

They also set the ride to music, so some of the instructors have the speed of the bike mirror the downbeat of the songs. Yes, there’s encouragement too. Some dance and try to be funny. Whatever- working out can suck, so if you’re entertained or at least distracted, 30 minutes goes pretty quickly 

So I’m right.

”Peddle forward people! Not backwards! Forward dammit!”

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Pig Bellmont said:

This is dumb. “What does a yoga instructor do- just tell you to stretch?”

Peloton also has a bunch of non-bike workouts in the app. Runs, yoga, some limited weights stuff. It’s not for everyone, but there’s a reason it’s popular 

What does your husband think of spin class?

• Haha 3

On 8/17/2021 at 2:36 PM, shadow_operative said:

this is a screen grab that i took from an actual jif peanut butter as from IG:

3001C45E-F61A-438A-BF51-B706FF92A8B0.thumb.jpeg.e02e048753de122aec93903774132f9a.jpeg

yes, that's Ludacris in a club toasting spoonfuls of peanut butter. do you even need to see this ad to hate it with a passion?

LUDA