Official "Fuck this stupid ass-commercial" thread

Prepuce of Doom

I asked on the game thread, but I'm sure it's lost in the shuffle by now.

Texas has a good/great RTF Dept, yes?

If so, why are we still showing the lame-ass, "What Starts Here Changes the World" ads from 10 years ago.  

Note: I'm not speaking of the tower ads.  Those were cool.  I'm speaking about the one with the laser pen (or whatever it is).

5 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

I asked on the game thread, but I'm sure it's lost in the shuffle by now.

Texas has a good/great RTF Dept, yes?

If so, why are we still showing the lame-ass, "What Starts Here Changes the World" ads from 10 years ago.  

Note: I'm not speaking of the tower ads.  Those were cool.  I'm speaking about the one with the laser pen (or whatever it is).

Yes, that ad is annoying.

Just now, RamjetFDO said:
39 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:
Discover cashback match with the two asian chicks.  Fucking kill me.

Narrator: it's the same chick.

It's not though. One is tall and skinny and one is short and fat. But they're both viet so we are supposed to think they're the same? or sisters? I dunno.. honestly that's more racist by them doing that if you think about it.  

• Like 1

It's not though. One is tall and skinny and one is short and fat. But they're both viet so we are supposed to think they're the same? or sisters? I dunno.. honestly that's more racist by them doing that if you think about it.  
https://idolfeatures.com/2014/12/stephanie-hsu-for-discover-card.html

Well I'll be damned.

32 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

It sucked 3 years ago or whenever it was that they originally ran those ads.

For real. If the gimmick is “these people kind of look alike,” that’s a pretty weak premise for a recurring series of commercials.  If these are actually different people, which seems to be the case, it seems less clever. 

On 9/11/2021 at 11:16 PM, RamjetFDO said:
On 9/11/2021 at 10:38 PM, Patricio Swayze said:
Discover cashback match with the two asian chicks.  Fucking kill me.

Narrator: it's the same chick.

Actually, some of the earlier commercials did have the same actor in both roles. Then the theme was something like they know how it is to be you.

On 7/20/2021 at 10:29 PM, DougO said:

Video commentary not terribly interesting, but this commercial always makes me wonder just how the hell this woman was cast in this commercial with the most unconvincing fakeass band directoring ever. She's pathetic, commercial is full regard.

when she caught that pass, #39 should have laid the wood on her ass.

On 9/12/2021 at 11:33 PM, RomaVicta said:

Actually, some of the earlier commercials did have the same actor in both roles. Then the theme was something like they know how it is to be you.

Discover trying to prove they aren't anti-Asian or anything, but apparently think they all look alike and nobody would know the difference.

On 9/12/2021 at 4:31 PM, Dennis Taylor said:

It sucked 3 years ago or whenever it was that they originally ran those ads.

lol and not only that, we already hashed the whole "that's two different chicks" debate when the ad first aired. that's some serious staying power of suckitude (and of white people thinking all minorities look alike).  i've never once been able to even see the two chicks as looking like the same person, so the fact that so many think it's the same actress baffles me.

On 9/12/2021 at 11:33 PM, RomaVicta said:

I think there also may have been some with twins. The whole narrative it pushes is just plain weird, especially now that they use 2 different actors who are the same race. That just makes it worse, and they have to pay 2 people. 

58 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

I think there also may have been some with twins. The whole narrative it pushes is just plain weird, especially now that they use 2 different actors who are the same race. That just makes it worse, and they have to pay 2 people. 

Guilty pleasure alert.

Spoiler

I like this add. It's an energetic break between the other repeating car ads, it-was-funny-the-first-time ads, and ads for quasi-toxic prescription drugs we should be demanding from physicians.

The young women are cute. The taller one is sexy. Using them may be the best idea in the history of ideas. Sorta like choosing Charles Barkley first in a pick-up basketball game! 

11 minutes ago, Underdog said:

The latest with the football getting ran over is pretty good. 

since this ad campaign started like 5--6 years ago, its light years better than anything they did not named lil sweet. 

I still cant get the fucking Pitbull  partying under a Miami overpass real good time shit outta my head

This stupid fucking Peloton ad with the chick narrating like she's leading a class has played 3 times on ESPN in the past 20 minutes. It's an irritating, douchey, self-affirming piece of crap that resembles everything I hate about society. The whole fad of creating cults out of fitness trends is maddening. 

• Hook 'Em 1