Dallas Cowboys 2018 Regular Season Thread

Vic Mackey

13 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

The fact that PFF is somehow the Bible for so many to refer to is beyond me. Their grading system is the most arbitrary thing going. There is no real substance to PFF. Dallas plays zone coverage. All of those yards and catches were not directly on LVE. Ertz just sat down in the soft spot between a few players and caught the ball. Without really knowing the exact assignment of every player, which PFF doesn't know at all, it's very misleading.

This. There's a 0% chance he was covering someone 1 on 1 and gave up 10 catches on 11 targets. 

7 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Defense is very young and will go through growing pains. They still have work to do but I am a lot more pleased with the front 7 so far than our secondary.

I love the info they showed on sunday about it being homegrown.  Only 1 player on the D has played for a different team. 

1 minute ago, Vic Mackey said:
1 hour ago, EvilCaseMcCoy said:
I love the info they showed on sunday about it being homegrown.  Only 1 player on the D has played for a different team. 

David Irving?

Oh, no, they said Antwan Woods.  Maybe it was only active guys or maybe they didn't count PS. 

Edited by EvilCaseMcCoy

Defense is very young and will go through growing pains. They still have work to do but I am a lot more pleased with the front 7 so far than our secondary.

I think it’s just our safeties we need help with, but we can prob get earl on the cheap this off season. Him plus woods might make a good safety duo.

Byron Jones seems to have found a good fit at corner with kris Richard. That’s super positive news for the secondary. Jury is out on awuzie, but he looks promising.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

3 minutes ago, babysdaddy said:

Prior to the titans game the musers in Dallas mentioned that the clapper has been undefeated in games to get to .500 record. Titans game was the first one he’s ever lost. I expect a revert to form only to shit the bed against the skins at home on turkey day

I think they forgot 2015. We started off 2-0 Then we lost 7 in a row. So he didn't win the game when we were 2-3. 

1 hour ago, Tired Horn said:

So there you have it. We're 5-5, Alex Smith got carted off, and we could definitely win this silly division.

Hooray, I think...

Of course, then we'll be stuck with Garrett forever. 

I take you've forgotten the last time Colt started for the skins in jerryworld.

I really needed this win today.

Second straight gut check game, second straight win, on the road. Fuckin' A. Trust the process. Garrett is back on track being the greatest .500 coach in Cowboys history.

Skins lose. Fecals get curbstomped.

Good football day.

• Like 1

Well we have division in our grasp....yay cant wait to play saints or rams if we somehow manage to get by panthers/vikings/packers or whoever WC is...but we have time to fuck it up and get that 20th pick and lose division

I do think we win it though...skins saints eagles bucs colts giants should be 3-3 at worst and 8-8 will probably be enough

Hooray, 8-8!

Better than 6-10 though.

I love Colt, but for this week only I'm hoping the Colt McCoy that barely survived the game against the Huskers in Arlington shows up, and not the Colt McCoy that curb-stomped the gooners in 2008.  

Edited by utee94

5 minutes ago, Bone3421 said:

Well we have division in our grasp....yay cant wait to play saints or rams if we somehow manage to get by panthers/vikings/packers or whoever WC is...but we have time to fuck it up and get that 20th pick and lose division

I do think we win it though...skins saints eagles bucs colts giants should be 3-3 at worst and 8-8 will probably be enough

You mean Oakland's pick?

2 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Fuck draft pick positions. Go win games and try and get into the playoffs.

Why not both?

I want the Cowboys to win the division because it would at least be something. But secondly, I want them to win the division so that the draft pick they traded for Cooper seems like a much better value.

8 minutes ago, DougO said:

Why not both?

I want the Cowboys to win the division because it would at least be something. But secondly, I want them to win the division so that the draft pick they traded for Cooper seems like a much better value.

Absolutely. As long as we don’t play Green Bay in the playoffs, I’d say we stand a chance against any team.

Imo that was the difference in the game yesterday-the refs called the game cleanly. Our only penalties were obvious and stupid. They even called holding on the Falcons once that negated a big run they had in the 2nd quarter.

Tinfoil hat: Dallas gets screwed by the refs because they are the most popular team people like to bet on