2018 Houston Texans Season Thread

tx 3 putt

Damn, we lost in the 2nd round already? I thought our first playoff game wasn't until tomorrow. 

Oh well, guess we should retool for next season. Should I start a new thread?

/s aside, enough of this negative Nancy cockamamie bullshit. Fuck the Colts, fuck the Pats, we owe both of them payback, let's go collect on it. 

I'm making zero assumptions as long as #4 is playing QB. This kid is one of the iciest, toughest, bad-ass son of a bitches that I've ever seen play the position, and no one in this thread has seen what he can do in the playoffs yet.

I don't think we are making the SB, but I'm sure as shit not ready to bet against Deshaun. Worse QBs have won the Superbowl as have worse coaches. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

PLAYOFF GAME DAY.

We're gonna win.

I'll believe it when I see it. 

Not trying to be a Negative Nelly or Debbie Downer, but until the Texans get a few quality wins under their belt, I just expect them to be one and done in the playoffs.  Do we have the talent?  Yes.  I just don't believe BoB can get the team over the hump, or take them to the next level.

(Pardon the cliches).  

Texans, prove me wrong today.  We need a string of signature wins.

Y'all best not forget how fucking awesome DW4 tends to be in big games.

It's mind-boggling to me how the point spread and money line says "Houston" yet everyone here and in the media is pimping the Colts like their manifest destiny is the AFC divisional round. What. The. Fuck. 

These two teams split the series and either game could have gone either way if a play or two had a different outcome. (see: Clowney offsides or Frank Reich's brainlock). How the hell is there such uniformity of opinion under these circumstances?

Objectively and no-homer truth talk: the Houston Texans are being disrespected and overlooked and I think it will serve as extra motivation today for Watson, Hopkins, Watt, and Clowney. I think Andre Carter busts a TD on special teams too. 

Fuck the haters. Texans in a blowout. 

Edited by Gourmand
  • Like 2

We are going to fucking win today. Too many in Htown are acting like sniveling pussies. Yes Andrew Luck and TY are damn good and scary. We got Deshaun. Listen to this hype cut from Mike Meltser and get lit. See y’all at NRG.

Edited by Iconoclast Texan

10 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

Y'all best not forget how fucking awesome DW4 tends to be in big games.

It's mind-boggling to me how the point spread and money line says "Houston" yet everyone here and in the media is pimping the Colts like their manifest destiny is the AFC divisional round. What. The. Fuck. 

These two teams split the series and either game could have gone either way if a play or two had a different outcome. (see: Clowney offsides or Frank Reich's brainlock). How the hell is there such uniformity of opinion under these circumstances?

Objectively and no-homer truth talk: the Houston Texans are being disrespected and overlooked and I think it will serve as extra motivation today for Watson, Hopkins, Watt, and Clowney. I think Andre Carter busts a TD on special teams too. 

You’re one of my favorite posters. Thank you. I’m with you brother.

23 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

Yes please! Still... I just have visions of Luck carving up the secondary. But whatever, go Texans! 

Both games this year decided by a field goal. Adjust your expectations accordingly.

Our unwillingness to cover TY Hilton despite him constantly beating us single-handedly is unsettling. But with Watson, I'm as optimistic for this team as I've ever been. We probably have more actual confidence on this team than I've ever seen (not to be confused with fake 'letter jacket confidence'). Sending Indy home would be sweet.

7 minutes ago, The Earl of Texas said:

Both games this year decided by a field goal. Adjust your expectations accordingly.

Our unwillingness to cover TY Hilton despite him constantly beating us single-handedly is unsettling. But with Watson, I'm as optimistic for this team as I've ever been. We probably have more actual confidence on this team than I've ever seen (not to be confused with fake 'letter jacket confidence'). Sending Indy home would be sweet.

All true indeed, but every wild card weekend has at least one big surprise outcome. I think that, given the pro-Indy groupthink we're hearing from every media yapper, this sets up to be that game that makes a lot of people look foolish. 

There’s also general apathy for the first playoff game being a third divisional game. Hell, I couldn’t GIVE away my extra two seats. There are literally thousands and thousands of tickets for resale. 

But I don’t care. It’s the playoffs. And I want to fucking win. So yeah, Texans in a blowout. 

• Like 1

I guess I'm in the minority for thinking we'll win this game comfortably.  Yeah, 9 of 10 for Indy and omg they just beat us a couple weeks ago.

I don't give a shit.

This is a playoff game at home and that place will be deafening.  And Deshaun will rise to the occasion.  No one can cover Hopkins.  Our pass rush is ferocious.  Etc.

Texans by 10, at least.

Edited by TexArcher
So pumped I can't spell.
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

I guess I'm in the minority for thinking we'll win this game comfortably.  Yeah, 9 of 10 for Indy and omg they just beat us a couple weeks ago.

I don't give a shit.

This is a playoff game at home and that place will be deafening.  And Deshaun will rise to the occasion.  No one can cover Hopkins.  Our pass rush is ferocious.  Etc.

Texans by 10, at least.

Other than the Astros very recently... hardly anything comes "comfortably" for Houston teams!

6 minutes ago, Lat22 said:

Lol at the roof being closed on a day like today. What a giant middle finger to taxpayers that paid for that expensive retractable roof. 

Why in the hell would you open the roof when you worked all season for home field advantage? The difference in volume is quite noticeable. Also, this line of discussion has reminded me: fuck Bud Selig.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zavala said:

Fire BoB. Fire Romeo. 

Worthless fuckers. Hopkins isn't going to get a PI call on the first play of the game you dipshits.

If the Texans lose today, that's the only good thing that can possibly come of it.

5 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Freakin' Frank Reich is Houston's Kryptonite.....

I will never forgive Frank Reich for making me cry as a boy and he's trying his best to make me do the same as a grown man.

Edited by UDontKnow