do you ever yearn?

Kel Varnsen

2 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

Just finished up “Bubble Boy.”  Moops might be my favorite scene in the history of Seinfeld.

Kramer chugging a beer while smoking a cigarette can’t be topped. Although, “I’m out!” is definitely in the running. The next day after The Contest I learned that others were watching the show too. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I'm out is probably the greatest. But there are so many brilliant Kramer scenes. The Calvin Klein episode is great. Him throwing the JFK golf clubs at the car thief while he's driving is great. To name a couple more. 

The horse racing scene at the bookie. 

Edited by ztejas

I remember when the librarian was a much older woman. Kindly, discreet, unattractive. We didn't know anything about her private life…we didn't want to know anything about her private life.

RIP, Lt. Bookman.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/philip-baker-hall-dead-seinfeld-library-cop-dies-1235164442/amp/

• Hook 'Em 3

I personally believe that if you can identify a single scene as "the best" then the show is probably mediocre. There are so many great scenes, I could never say one or another is "the best." However, within that conversation, I submit Officer Bookman, which are some of the best comedic scenes ever, IMO, and the one where Kramer imitates a police officer to get the stolen statue back. "Make love to that wall, pervert" makes me laugh every damn time.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 6/11/2022 at 11:41 PM, HornOnTheBayou said:

When I think about the most memorable moments in television history, "I'm out!" is up there with Walter White laughing hysterically in the basement and Alexandra Daddario taking off her shirt.

Right, because what qualifies as one of the great moments in tv history is a hot chick getting naked. Because on HBO, that almost never happens. (You might consider subscribing to Cinemax.)

15 hours ago, futureman said:

or when he’s eating the sweatshop eggs and wants kurt to try them and then just gets up and crawls over the side of the booth to leave. I laugh every time. there’s a million little scenes like that. 

I think you can argue he's the most integral piece of the show. Some of the rest of the humor is fairly hit or miss for me as the show ages - but the well-executed physical comedy that Kramer/Richards puts on nearly every episode is just fucking timeless. And that's why it's one of if not the greatest sitcom ever. It's witty and ironic and sardonic and that by itself creates great moments but then you throw in the absolute genius of Kramer and it blows by pretty much everything else that isn't prime Simpsons. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

The scene where Kramer describes how he comandeers a bus to take his girlfriend's toe to the hospital and wards off a mugging in the process, is probably the perfect distillation of the character.  The physical comedy as he plays out the fight scene, and how completely unassuming he is about how totally unusual his behavior is, kind of tie up all of the genius of Kramer.

"You're.... you're Batman."

"Yeah.  Yeah.  I AM Batman!"

The scene where Kramer describes how he comandeers a bus to take his girlfriend's toe to the hospital and wards off a mugging in the process, is probably the perfect distillation of the character.  The physical comedy as he plays out the fight scene, and how completely unassuming he is about how totally unusual his behavior is, kind of tie up all of the genius of Kramer.
"You're.... you're Batman."
"Yeah.  Yeah.  I AM Batman!"

You kept making the stops?
Well they kept ringing the bell!
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

giphy.gif&f=1&nofb=1

This scene always cracked me up, and I do the same move when I dig into some crackers, but I never really noticed how he's holding the crackers with his left hand.  What are his #2 and 3 fingers doing?

Also, he has at least 2 more sleeves of crackers in the briefcase.

TCB.

• Hook 'Em 2