Cruz vs Beto

Washpark

45 minutes ago, horncyclist said:

Bug push to meet the $5 million end of quarter goal. If you're planning to donate or donate again, now is the time.

https://secure.actblue.com/donate/beto-eoq

For the past 17 years, I worked at a job where it was against the ethics policy to contribute to a campaign or to publicly support a candidate. 

Yesterday was my last day. I just made my first contribution this morning. 

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, ERhine said:

Now I’m laughing at the image of Ted Cruz at the same barber shop.

Hello fellow American gentlemen who are as equal as the rest of us in spite of skin color.  Just stopped by to get a little trim-a-lim-a-dim-dam, as I assume the urban youth like to say these days.  Where do I sit, dawg?

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

Can we talk Beto/Willie concert parking?  I see the list of garages, I'd like to steer clear of all of that.  Normally for ACL I park on South Congress and pedicab in.  Any ideas where the pedicabs might be set up tonight?  Other ideas?

Avoid spaces painted with a coiled up rattlesnake that say Don't Park on Me.

27 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

Can we talk Beto/Willie concert parking?  I see the list of garages, I'd like to steer clear of all of that.  Normally for ACL I park on South Congress and pedicab in.  Any ideas where the pedicabs might be set up tonight?  Other ideas?

Go to Hooters beforehand and leave receipt in between windshield wipers.

7 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

Yep.  How hard is it to say "I think the tax rate needs to be more equitable" than "I think taxes need to be higher"?

And maybe I'm the only one who thinks this, but to me "the police report is wrong and even my friend says so" just looks weasily.  

Betos strategy at this point doesn’t seem to be focusing on converting Cruz voters or even independents but more of encouraging his voters to show up.  

no idea about total numbers, but it was pretty packed by the time it got started.  and i will never agree that we can do food trucks for dinner at an event like this without an escape clause about it it looks like the line for a grilled cheese sandwich might take over an hour and a half

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bruh Man said:

damn...

DoTzSZhVsAMMR6x.jpg:large

Damn. We were right at the front near the light/camera apparatus in the middle so it was hard to truly judge the crowd. 

Speech was really powerful. Not necessarily anything new but delivered with passion and related everything back to everyday life here in TX. I don't know how anyone could listen to him and choose to go with Cruz, and maybe that is why the campaign is focusing on turnout of friendly demos and supporters as opposed to trying to flip whatever undecideds/waffling Republicans remain. There may be 3-4 million lock step R voters depending on turnout, but there are definitely, numerically, more that support him. It is just a matter of getting them to the polls. As great as he was I still don't think he will win but I am even more motivated to put in time to try to make it happen.

• Like 5

57 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

no idea about total numbers, but it was pretty packed by the time it got started.  and i will never agree that we can do food trucks for dinner at an event like this without an escape clause about it it looks like the line for a grilled cheese sandwich might take over an hour and a half

Yeah I ended up walking over to Congress and Riverside to the convenience store, picked up an 18 pack of Modelo and 5 liters of water. Stood in line at the convenience store for 30 minutes, but the guy in front of me said he’d been in line at one of the food trucks for an hour and it looked like another 30 minutes to go when it was announced that all the trucks were out of drinks.

Also it was absolutely packed. I don’t know what kind of attendance they get there for Fourth of July usually but the crowd looked to be about double what it was the last time I went down there for that. 

My favorite line of his speech. “If you are a Republican, you are in the right place, if you are a Democrat you are in the right place, if you are an independent, you are in the right place, this is a vote for our children and grandchildren to show that we believe in and love our country dearly.”

i might have tied a couple sections together there now that I think about it but I thought the message was pretty great. 

• Like 1

Having seen him several times and listened to several livestreams, it was a greatest hits of his stump speech, which is excellent.  My favorite part was when he went into Spanish for a bit talking about (very roughly, from memory and weak spanish) securing our communities by treating everyone with respect to build stronger cities/states/countries (maybe a bit about "without walls").  Spanish speaking couple with a daughter wearing a Beto shirt (who was also in... arm crutches?) right next to us went nuts, and I think he followed up right after that with a bit about healthcare.

And yeah, if you didn't bring your own water you were doing it wrong.  Not surprised there was that huge of a line at the nearby convenience store.

6 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

Having seen him several times and listened to several livestreams, it was a greatest hits of his stump speech, which is excellent.  My favorite part was when he went into Spanish for a bit talking about (very roughly, from memory and weak spanish) securing our communities by treating everyone with respect to build stronger cities/states/countries (maybe a bit about "without walls").  Spanish speaking couple with a daughter wearing a Beto shirt (who was also in... arm crutches?) right next to us went nuts, and I think he followed up right after that with a bit about healthcare.

And yeah, if you didn't bring your own water you were doing it wrong.  Not surprised there was that huge of a line at the nearby convenience store.

Definitely I was doing it wrong. Wasn’t sure what was allowed in so we just didn’t bring anything.