Cruz vs Beto

Washpark

4 minutes ago, Stros said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2018/09/25/beto-orourkes-false-claim-he-did-not-try-leave-scene-dwi/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.e8dca4987f8d

“The defendant/driver then attempted to leave the scene,” Carrera reported. “The reporter then turned on his overhead lights to warn oncoming traffic and try to get the defendant to stop.”

Similar information appears in another document, the incident and crime report: “The driver attempted to leave the accident but was stopped by the reporter.”

Leave him alone, the poor guy had a cold. 

42 minutes ago, Stros said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2018/09/25/beto-orourkes-false-claim-he-did-not-try-leave-scene-dwi/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.e8dca4987f8d

“The defendant/driver then attempted to leave the scene,” Carrera reported. “The reporter then turned on his overhead lights to warn oncoming traffic and try to get the defendant to stop.”

Similar information appears in another document, the incident and crime report: “The driver attempted to leave the accident but was stopped by the reporter.”

It was 20 years ago... I don't care what he did 20 years ago.  26 year-olds do stupid shit.  I did.  You did.  Some stupider than others and trying to leave the scene is up there.  If he was as drunk as .13 I doubt he remembers it whether he tried to leave the scene or not.  What we are left with is the recollection of a drunk man vs an unnamed witness.  The cop isn't reporting that he tried to leave the scene, he's reporting that an unnamed person told him he tried to leave the scene.  Nobody will ever know what happened but the world has moved on and no longer gives a shit.

Now... go ahead and be a good Republican and tie this into someone else's rape allegations from 20+ years ago.

3 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

"Don't hold people in power accountable in any way!" - Man seeking power.

Oh fuck you.  It's pretty clear he means there is a time and a place to hold people accountable.  On debate stages, perhaps on social media, and definitely in the voting booth, rather than disturbing an entire restaurant and fucking with their families.

• Like 5

“Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.”

It's there for a reason, Decorumcucks

• Fuck You 1

Just now, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

This is the guy who celebrates people being assaulted though, whether at Whataburger or otherwise.

MAGA hats getting stolen is cool and good no matter where it happens. "Assaulted" in a hysterical attempt to make it seem like someone got beaten up. #Sad #Snowflake

6 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

Oh fuck you.  It's pretty clear he means there is a time and a place to hold people accountable.  On debate stages, perhaps on social media, and definitely in the voting booth, rather than disturbing an entire restaurant and fucking with their families.

Username checks out. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

MAGA hats getting stolen is cool and good no matter where it happens. "Assaulted" in a hysterical attempt to make it seem like someone got beaten up. #Sad #Snowflake

Point of order, taking the hat was textbook assault in Texas. 

https://codes.findlaw.com/tx/penal-code/penal-sect-22-01.html

1 minute ago, bad_teammate said:

“Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.”

It's there for a reason, Decorumcucks

Are you stupid?

Nobody, not me, not Beto, literally not one single person, is saying it should be illegal to protest anyone and their family in a restaurant.  Yes they have that constitutional right.  Reasonable people are simply saying it's wrong and in bad taste.  Legal, but not necessarily the best thing to do.  I absolutely support their right to do it, within the limits of the restaurant owner, but I can still say it's tasteless.  If you can't see the difference you are dumber than we all thought you already were.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

Nobody, not me, not Beto, literally not one single person, is saying it should be illegal to protest anyone and their family in a restaurant. 

I'm not saying you did. I'm saying it's there for a reason. The people need to hold government accountable and one of those ways is protest.

You don't like protest. You want people to rant on social media.

Protesting is awesome and we should do a lot more of it. Politicians would be less likely to be corrupt pieces of garbage if they knew that the citizens were watching and would hound them in public for it.

I think it's great that this happened. I hope it happens more often.

"Bad taste" ... lol sure

• Like 1

The protest doesn't bother me any more than anthem-kneeling bothers me, which is to say I have no problem with it at all.  It's not what I would personally do, but my point is that it's in Beto's best interest to make a statement like he did today.  A big part of his appeal is being relatable and decent, if he basks in the glory of Cruz and his wife being harassed and yelled at in restaurants then he becomes just another extreme triggered libtard in the eyes of the voters he's trying to steal from Cruz.   

5 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

The protest doesn't bother me any more than anthem-kneeling bothers me, which is to say I have no problem with it at all.  It's not what I would personally do, but my point is that it's in Beto's best interest to make a statement like he did today.  A big part of his appeal is being relatable and decent, if he basks in the glory of Cruz and his wife being harassed and yelled at in restaurants then he becomes just another extreme triggered libtard in the eyes of the voters he's trying to steal from Cruz.   

He could say nothing. That's always an option.

3 hours ago, Your Mom said:

Of course, this is the decent polite response, which is absolutely not rewarded in politics.

Wouldn't surprise me in the least that Cruz's next tweet, is some baby murderer, open borders, tofu eating, Californians combo spew of red meat flinging directed at Beto.

1 minute ago, yoladu said:

Of course, this is the decent polite response, which is absolutely not rewarded in politics.

Wouldn't surprise me in the least that Cruz's next tweet, is some baby murderer, open borders, tofu eating, Californians combo spew of red meat flinging directed at Beto.

You mean the George Soros paid Beto volunteers who were astroturf protestors in DC?

31 minutes ago, yoladu said:

Fantastic, political savvy response.  The only votes in play are a few independent voters who can't stomach Ted Cruz.   This is the best response in regard to that small sliver of voters.

• Like 1

Just now, yoladu said:

opposition research.

"My bouche may have been amused, but I was deeply disturbed to see agents of the far left enjoying their Michelin-approved chef's tasting menu while ordinary Texans have to face the prospect of Robert O'Rourke banning "barbecue," which I understand to be a commonly enjoyed method for cooking meat in this great state."

10 hours ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

Beto is too good for politics/us, we don't deserve him as a society and deserve what we get because we are a bunch of animals who really believe supporting our team is important, as Brisket says. Absolutely "both sides".

giphy.gif

5 minutes ago, ERhine said:

I just don’t get the commercial. I mean I’m not exactly his target audience, but it’s essentially “Vote for me because this former marine who lost his legs wants you to stand for the national anthem”???

Am I missing something?

no, I'm guessing all of your chromosomes are in place, unlike a lot of Cruz voters

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68

6 minutes ago, ERhine said:

I just don’t get the commercial. I mean I’m not exactly his target audience, but it’s essentially “Vote for me because this former marine who lost his legs wants you to stand for the national anthem”???

Am I missing something?

How Neanderthals watch that commercial:

1. Cruz is for guys that got their legs blown off in the military.

2. Military guys that got their legs blown off are for cruz.

3. I support guys like them and I stand for the national anthem, so I must be for Cruz too. 

Mix in a few “Beto wants illegals to rape your grandma” commercials and it’s a done deal. 

• Like 1

Here's what a fellow conservative, NYT columnist Bret Stephens, had to say about Cruz:

"I share your enthusiasm for the Texas Senate race, for a couple of small reasons and one very big one. Small reasons: I like Beto O’Rourke, the Democratic challenger, and I like the idea that Texas can turn a bit purple if you have a candidate with energy, wit and a human touch.

"The big reason is that I despise Ted Cruz. That is “D-e-s-p-i-s-e,” in case I haven’t spelled out my loathing clearly enough. Would you like to know why?

"Because he’s like a serpent covered in Vaseline. Because he treats the American people like two-bit suckers in 10-gallon hats. Because he sucks up to the guy who insulted his wife — by retweet, no less. Because of his phony piety and even phonier principles. Because I see him as the spiritual love child of the 1980s televangelist Jimmy Swaggart and Jack Nicholson’s character in “The Shining.” Because his ethics are purely situational. Because he makes Donald Trump look like a human being by comparison. Because “New York values.” Because his fellow politicians detest him, and that’s just among Republicans. Because he never got over being the smartest kid in eighth grade. Because he’s conniving enough to try to put one over you, but not perceptive enough to realize that you see right through him. Because he’s the type of man who would sell his family into slavery if that’s what it took to get elected. And that he would use said slavery as a sob story to get himself re-elected.

Otherwise, you might say I’m his No. 1 fan."

http://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/25/opinion/kavanaugh-rosenstein-blasey-ford.html

10 hours ago, ERhine said:

Am I missing something?

i thought Trumpkins liked people who didnt get their leg blowed off?

6 hours ago, Horndog said:

Here's what a fellow conservative, NYT columnist Bret Stephens, had to say about Cruz:

"I share your enthusiasm for the Texas Senate race, for a couple of small reasons and one very big one. Small reasons: I like Beto O’Rourke, the Democratic challenger, and I like the idea that Texas can turn a bit purple if you have a candidate with energy, wit and a human touch.

"The big reason is that I despise Ted Cruz. That is “D-e-s-p-i-s-e,” in case I haven’t spelled out my loathing clearly enough. Would you like to know why?

"Because he’s like a serpent covered in Vaseline. Because he treats the American people like two-bit suckers in 10-gallon hats. Because he sucks up to the guy who insulted his wife — by retweet, no less. Because of his phony piety and even phonier principles. Because I see him as the spiritual love child of the 1980s televangelist Jimmy Swaggart and Jack Nicholson’s character in “The Shining.” Because his ethics are purely situational. Because he makes Donald Trump look like a human being by comparison. Because “New York values.” Because his fellow politicians detest him, and that’s just among Republicans. Because he never got over being the smartest kid in eighth grade. Because he’s conniving enough to try to put one over you, but not perceptive enough to realize that you see right through him. Because he’s the type of man who would sell his family into slavery if that’s what it took to get elected. And that he would use said slavery as a sob story to get himself re-elected.

Otherwise, you might say I’m his No. 1 fan."

http://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/25/opinion/kavanaugh-rosenstein-blasey-ford.html

Because he’s conniving enough to try to put one over you, but not perceptive enough to realize that you see right through him.v

^^ that line right there.  exacerbated because with so many Texans it either works or they don't care

10 hours ago, ERhine said:

Am I missing something?

This reminds me of the NRCC Culberson ad that keeps popping up on my Hulu. Saying "Lizzie isn't Texas" - the same Lizzie born in Houston, went to St. John's school and then worked came back to Houston immediately after law school. Not very Texas.

Whoever is coordinating media for the NRCC/NRSC is fucking stealing from Republicans, because their ads are garbage.

Edited by Js1

11 hours ago, ERhine said:

Am I missing something?

its a terrible commercial unless you're a Ragnorak level mouth breather.  And where does that guy get off telling people that they better stand for him?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

its a terrible commercial unless you're a Ragnorak level mouth breather.  And where does that guy get off telling people that they better stand for him?

Didn't you get the memo? All veterans, no matter what capacity they served in, no matter which branch -- even mail clerks in the Coast Guard Reserve -- are entitled to blow jobs on demand from all Americans who never enlisted. It's in the Constitution.