Cruz vs Beto

Washpark

6 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

True, but he seems softer and doughier lately. He looks like he's sporting some back fat these days.

1 minute ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

Stress eating Big Macs and Diet Coke will do that to you. 

He is sucking down so much of Trump's shit that he is starting to look like Dotard.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

I’m not caught up on the thread so apologies if that has been covered already, but apparently Ted Cruz thinks it is a red meat attack ad to show a clip of Beto ... giving a perfectly reasonable speech to an African American audience in which he shows sympathy to Botham Jean and expresses that perhaps black men shouldn’t be murdered in their apartments by the police?

https://www.vox.com/midterm-elections/2018/9/23/17893424/ted-cruz-beto-orourke-debate-botham-jean

Gotcha, Beto!  Definitive proof that you aren’t a white nationalist authoritarian!  

I guess this shows what Cruz thinks of his base.  What’s scarier is he might be right about his base. It also completes his new Trumpkin persona, replacing whatever was left of the old Tea Party with a libertarian streak persona, which replaced the old Bush neocon persona, which replaced the sexually frustrated aspiring mime persona, and so on.

What a creep.

might be?

1 minute ago, Message Board User said:

This crap just makes the left look stupid and angry.  It certainly doesn't get any votes.

no, it doesn't. it shows that people are tired of his shit and don't want him ruining their nice dinner. fuck him. he deserves nothing, and will like it. there's a reason he is called the most hated senator. because he is.

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

Stuff like that doesnt help Beto's chances. Conservatives who may be on the fence about voting Democrat will see that and could be turned off.  That video is a gift to the Cruz campaign.

Edited by Tom
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Tom said:

Stuff like that doesnt help Beto's chances. Conservatives who may be on the fence about voting Democrat will see that and could be turned off.  That video is a gift to the Cruz campaign.

While I agree with this.... it's a shame because this isn't about Beto/Cruz, it's about Kavanaugh and victim's rights...... 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Tom said:

Only conservatives who don't believe women accusers and instead support rapists, but Beto wasn't getting their votes anyway. I doubt he even wants them.

7 hours ago, CowboyFred said:

Fuck Ted Cruz and all that but if I’m the restaurant owner I’m pissed those slapdicks are fucking with my business.  Don’t think it swings the vote one way or the other i just think these stunts are stupid.

Ted was probably grateful since that place doesn’t have anything on the menu that’s still alive. 

• Like 2

“We believe survivors ....”

Y’all realize half the electorate is female and 1 in 4 or 5 women have been sexually assaulted or molested, right?

Women have led the “Resistance” and places like Round Rock, Lakeway and Westlake are turning purple at an alarming rate.

Pussyhats marching down Congress to the tune of over a hundred thousand in Texas alone - sure some photo op gender bending hairy leg lesbians (not me for the record) - but a lot and I mean a lot of ordinary women the kind that take care of their kids, shuffle to little league and work a full time job.

Cruz may win, but if you think the Republicans are immune here you’re smoking crack. Brett Kavanaugh is exactly the kinda guy that back in her college days date raped that ordinary woman who is now shuffling her kids to little league after a long day at work.

I may be new to the convo here but I’ve had multiple conversations with friends who are super triggered by this stuff because of what happened to them. It’s real and it motivates them to vote and to activate.

This shit is NOT playing well with a large number of women. Maybe the deepest red church going baptists don’t care but that’s not representative of most women today.

• Like 8

“We believe survivors ....”

Y’all realize half the electorate is female and 1 in 4 or 5 women have been sexually assaulted or molested, right?

Women have led the “Resistance” and places like Round Rock, Lakeway and Westlake are turning purple at an alarming rate.

Pussyhats marching down Congress to the tune of over a hundred thousand in Texas alone - sure some photo op gender bending hairy leg lesbians (not me for the record) - but a lot and I mean a lot of ordinary women the kind that take care of their kids, shuffle to little league and work a full time job.

Cruz may win, but if you think the Republicans are immune here you’re smoking crack. Brett Kavanaugh is exactly the kinda guy that back in her college days date raped that ordinary woman who is now shuffling her kids to little league after a long day at work.

I may be new to the convo here but I’ve had multiple conversations with friends who are super triggered by this stuff because of what happened to them. It’s real and it motivates them to vote and to activate.

This shit is NOT playing well with a large number of women. Maybe the deepest red church going baptists don’t care but that’s not representative of most women today.

A lot of this.

Most of the women I know meet that description. Hell, most of them are or would be expected to be republican voters.

The casual, misogynist dismissiveness that the GOP is and has been displaying - not to mention the active smearing of the accusers - is making a huge, and irrevocable impression on then.

And I find it incredibly sad. It doesn’t have to be that way, but the GOP has gone all-in on “win at all costs, party over everything.” So, there we are. Cruz is more of the same, and the worst of it.
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

A lot of this.

Most of the women I know meet that description. Hell, most of them are or would be expected to be republican voters.

The casual, misogynist dismissiveness that the GOP is and has been displaying - not to mention the active smearing of the accusers - is making a huge, and irrevocable impression on then.

And I find it incredibly sad. It doesn’t have to be that way, but the GOP has gone all-in on “win at all costs, party over everything.” So, there we are. Cruz is more of the same, and the worst of it.

The entire platform has taken a backseat to preying on white males thinking they are losing their number one spot.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2018/09/25/beto-orourkes-false-claim-he-did-not-try-leave-scene-dwi/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.e8dca4987f8d

“The defendant/driver then attempted to leave the scene,” Carrera reported. “The reporter then turned on his overhead lights to warn oncoming traffic and try to get the defendant to stop.”

Similar information appears in another document, the incident and crime report: “The driver attempted to leave the accident but was stopped by the reporter.”

Just now, Stros said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2018/09/25/beto-orourkes-false-claim-he-did-not-try-leave-scene-dwi/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.e8dca4987f8d

“The defendant/driver then attempted to leave the scene,” Carrera reported. “The reporter then turned on his overhead lights to warn oncoming traffic and try to get the defendant to stop.”

Similar information appears in another document, the incident and crime report: “The driver attempted to leave the accident but was stopped by the reporter.”

Someone should ask him about this.