Cruz vs Beto

Washpark

9 minutes ago, M12BH said:

Um, was it just me or was Willie's set not all that great?  I don't know if he was having trouble hearing or if he's just old AF, but his playing and his timing were so off that it was affecting the bad.

Saw Willie on Colbert last week. He's really showing his age. His voice is very weak and his guitar playing has slowed way down, but he still sounds like Willie.

23 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

Also FWIW, if someone knocks on your door for Beto, be friendly and give them a little boost.  Maybe ask if they need a water or to use the restroom.  The positive interactions really boost more than the negative ones drag you down.  

What should I do if it's a Cruz block-walker?

5 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

What should I do if it's a Cruz block-walker?

I guess we got "block walked" by the Wilco Republican party last week. I found a package of campaign fliers for multiple candidates and a letter from the precinct chief wrapped with a rubber band and stuck in my front door handle. I was home all day, so it's not like they rang the bell and actually tried to talk to me...just stuffed it in my door and kept going. 

22 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

I guess we got "block walked" by the Wilco Republican party last week. I found a package of campaign fliers for multiple candidates and a letter from the precinct chief wrapped with a rubber band and stuck in my front door handle. I was home all day, so it's not like they rang the bell and actually tried to talk to me...just stuffed it in my door and kept going. 

That's because they hired someone to do it.

Not that Beto doesn't hire people too for similar things. But, there's probably a difference in enthusiasm.

Edited by cactusflinthead

46 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

Willie is 85 years old - you're not wrong, but I think the quick timing, somewhat clunky guitar playing, sounding a bit winded, that's what you're going to get when you go see Willie now.  Had the same experience when I saw him a year ago at the Floore Country Store.

I wonder if the weirdness with trying to group people for the pictures was planned or if maybe Beto was running a bit late from whatever Tribfest stuff he was doing.  Sounds like that happened before the concert?

Yeah the picture weirdness was before the concert, and Beto was running late and he had to get onstage for the rally.  Still and all, it seemed like they could have come up with a better solution.  I'm not gonna bitch about it too much, I know everyone is doing the best they can.  As far as Willie is concerned - I guess like you said, he's 85 and showing it.  I didn't expect him to be at the top of his game but it's just sad to see the deterioration.  

26 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

correct nomenclature is "....at Floore's Country Store".  Or "at Floore's.  Not "the Floore Country Store".

At least I think.

Yeah, John T Floore was the orginal owner.  Not sure if he is still around.  We seldom made it over there, the Farmer's Daughter was closer for us. 

Just received an email from the Beto campaign announcing the 1.1M Cruz PAC spend and raised the 5M goal to 6M. They were 30k short of the 5 mil as of 10 minutes ago. I would be shocked if he didn't hit his goal of 6 by tonight.
Shit Beto, always moving the goal posts on me. Guess I'll throw in another $50.
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, horncyclist said:
1 hour ago, Grade of D as in David said:
Just received an email from the Beto campaign announcing the 1.1M Cruz PAC spend and raised the 5M goal to 6M. They were 30k short of the 5 mil as of 10 minutes ago. I would be shocked if he didn't hit his goal of 6 by tonight.

Shit Beto, always moving the goal posts on me. Guess I'll throw in another $50.

Reminiscent of JJ Watt’s fundraising.

Guess I’ll re-up as well. 

10 hours ago, burntorangebongos said:

Having Willie on his side might push him over the top.

Welp, I got to be honest. Not sure that I can pull the lever for Beto. But I do like his government accountability positions, and I can easy pull the trigger on some coin for Willie.

Thank you!

Order #ABXXXXXXX

$250.00

One-time contribution: September 30, 2018 at 7:30 PM

CreditCard XXXX

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Welp, I got to be honest. Not sure that I can pull the lever for Beto. But I do like his government accountability positions, and I can easy pull the trigger on some coin for Willie.

Thank you!

Order #ABXXXXXXX

$250.00

One-time contribution: September 30, 2018 at 7:30 PM

CreditCard XXXX

You donated 250 to someone you're iffy about?

8 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

You donated 250 to someone you're iffy about?

I lost more than that on the horns to cover this week, so not too far out of character. 

I like certain aspects of Beto's positions, I do not like many other aspects. 

I like Willie. I don't like Cruz. I will not lose sleep when he is relegated to the dustbin of political history.

Full disclosure: I am long 2250 shares on Cruz no re-election on predictit.

Oh, and my only regret is if they start sending me democrat shit to my home mailing address. 

Edited by Anastasis
  • Like 1

It's well documented that Beto's campaign was told to expect no help from the DNC at the outset. Too much of a longshot.

If I ran the campaign, and the DNC came calling now, I would tell then that I don't blame them for the decision but they need to continue to stay away. They have come a long way without them. The only helpful tool the national party machine can provide is money, which they have absolutely no problem with. A flood of DNC involvement toward the finish line would undermine the very real message that this campaign is a bottom-up, people based movement. Not to mention that the DNC plays especially poorly to Texas swing voters and would probably motivate Cruz's base more than anyone else. State level Democratic Party not coordinating is a different story, but they're just fucking incompetent.

• Like 4

So far we know he had 2.8 million from actblue in July and 9.1 million in August, so he has about 18 million this quarter that we know of. Given the missing 3 weeks and various other sources he could easily be in the 23 to 25 million range for the quarter and 46 to 48 million to date.

Based on minimal research both should be records for donations from small individual donations for a Senate race. 

Edited by RayDog

14 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Just saw my first Cruz ad. It was gross. Apparently he's hitching his energy wagon on fracking. Does anyone not directly involved in oil and gas support fracking? I think that's going to be a hot-button issue in the coming years.

Prepare to get attacked for having the "k" in there. It seems to be a hot button for those guys. 

It's a hard fact of life that oil and other minerals are in the ground. We require them in a myriad of ways to feed the machine. I would prefer it if they cleaned up after themselves as we would expect any kindergartner to do. 

I'd also like to know exactly what they are pumping into there. We expect to know what you spray at the house. We require there to be a book within easy reach describing exactly what is on the premises.

But W got a pass for all that. It's completely opaque. 

Who here is prepared to tell me and anyone else listening what exactly in clear and verifiable numbers what is being pumped into the ground before, during, and after extraction?

I'll wait.

Oil is a necessary part of the economy. It's pretty fucking crucial. But, we shouldn't have to face a day when we can't drink from the well anymore. 

39 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Oil is a necessary part of the economy. It's pretty fucking crucial. But, we shouldn't have to face a day when we can't drink from the well anymore. 

I make a good chunk of my living off oil & gas. So do my friends and family. I'm not completely opposed to fracing, but they need to disclose wtf they are pumping into the ground. They also need to figure out wtf they are doing to the long term stability of the ground.

• Like 1