Cruz vs Beto

Washpark

4 minutes ago, Hammock said:

There is no upside for Cruz to be asked questions by CNN. None.

I don't even like the guy, either. 

Cannot stand up for his father, wife and now runs from reporters and CNN talking heads.   Man this guy is tough!  I bet he drives a ford truck and listens to toby keith.

• Like 3

He's a fkn politician. Of course he's a POS, snake, or whatever you want to call it. 90% of them are.
It's about controlling the senate and getting bills passed. Well, that's what my conservative brother tells me. 
Should just replace him with a Robot that votes with the GOP and shuts down the government on occasion. Would be more likable anyway.
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, horncyclist said:
5 minutes ago, Hammock said:
He's a fkn politician. Of course he's a POS, snake, or whatever you want to call it. 90% of them are.
It's about controlling the senate and getting bills passed. Well, that's what my conservative brother tells me. 

Should just replace him with a Robot that votes with the GOP and shuts down the government on occasion. Would be more likable anyway.

Robots are cool. You sayin we can get a robot?

Just now, Chad Fuck said:

Can’t we get the hot robots we can hose down after dumping a load in them before we move on to political robots? Please?

I just envisioned Ted's face on a sex robot. My prostate and genitalia tore themselves out of my body and caught a bus for the West Coast. I am now a eunuch, bleeding to death. I don't even care. Thanks. arrrrrrg h h

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Hammock said:

There is no upside for Cruz to be asked questions by CNN. None.

I don't even like the guy, either. 

Of course there's upside.   The same upside that led him to debate Bernie on CNN:  the opportunity to persuade the millions of non-Republicans tuning in with his Trumpublican message.    To raise his national profile, improve his standing statewide, and proselytize for his viewpoints.   He's supposed to be brilliant and a world-class debater.  He should relish the opportunity to take on Beto and his progressive viewpoints man to man. 

But he's a sniveling coward who is instead afraid that he will be exposed as the total fraud he is. 

13 hours ago, Bruh Man said:

It amazes me that Cruz is the favorite in nearly every poll yet on a Texas-based forum not one poster is willing to champion for this guy. I guess the majority of his supporters are moving in silence and impulsively voting for the home team.

They’re all on Facebook sharing their Beto supporters are all communists graphics. And that God was in the Kavanaugh confirmation. Praise be!! 

he's Werner from Better Call Saul checking the explosives.  If he doesn't move too much, it might not explode.  It's why he debated Beto when it looked really dangerous and started backing out of stuff since there's been some more favorable polling.  See what happens if the polling next week is less favorable.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

Of course there's upside.   The same upside that led him to debate Bernie on CNN:  the opportunity to persuade the millions of non-Republicans tuning in with his Trumpublican message.    To raise his national profile, improve his standing statewide, and proselytize for his viewpoints.   He's supposed to be brilliant and a world-class debater.  He should relish the opportunity to take on Beto and his progressive viewpoints man to man. 

But he's a sniveling coward who is instead afraid that he will be exposed as the total fraud he is. 

Idk, to me all these comments like this seem like advanced psychology to try and emotionally get someone to engage into something with a higher risk versus the lower risk. I'm reminded of when in a video game of Madden, let's say, opponents will goad or talk crap about one's manhood for running the ball or running the play clock down to 1 before snapping to ensure a close win, instead of throwing the ball and introducing a last minute risk of turn over and giving them a chance. This is the example I thought of because someone upthread said Cruz was running out the clock. The problem is, he doesn't know if he has the 3 point lead or not and might lose and should have gone for more points.

22 minutes ago, Hammock said:

So your brother can look his family in the eye and convince them this guy should represent Texas in the Senate?  Watch this video again. What a terrible actor.  Look at the orchestrated facial and body movements. This pussy had to PRETEND to be mad about Trump dissing his wife.

CruzSad1.png

Edited by Hank Kingsley

Just now, Celery Man said:

he's Werner from Better Call Saul checking the explosives.  If he doesn't move too much, it might not explode.  It's why he debated Beto when it looked really dangerous and started backing out of stuff since there's been some more favorable polling.  See what happens if the polling next week is less favorable.

This is a better way of stating what I just said. Celery Man is just much smarter than me, I know.

5 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

So your brother can look his family in the eye and convince them this guy should represent Texas in the Senate?  Watch this video again. What a terrible actor.  Look at the orchestrated facial and body movements. This pussy had to PRETEND to be mad about Trump dissing his wife.

Who gives a shit about that kind of stuff? What good is that going to do? 

Bills getting passed. That's all it's about. 

18 minutes ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

Idk, to me all these comments like this seem like advanced psychology to try and emotionally get someone to engage into something with a higher risk versus the lower risk. I'm reminded of when in a video game of Madden, let's say, opponents will goad or talk crap about one's manhood for running the ball or running the play clock down to 1 before snapping to ensure a close win, instead of throwing the ball and introducing a last minute risk of turn over and giving them a chance. This is the example I thought of because someone upthread said Cruz was running out the clock. The problem is, he doesn't know if he has the 3 point lead or not and might lose and should have gone for more points.

Nah, Ted Cruz doesn't read this board and wouldn't be goaded by a message board post even if he did.   It's just a commentary on his lack of authenticity.   If he were what he claims to be, and if he believed what he says about where Texans stand, he wouldn't be fearful of making a disastrous mistake in a debate against Beto O'Rourke.   That he is, in itself, says something about him for voters to consider.   Same with the discussion about him kissing the ass of the man who trashed his wife and father.   There isn't an attempt to goad Cruz into doing something.  It's just a commentary on what kind of man he is. 

9 hours ago, RPM said:

Nobody is taking away your guns, but more guns is not the solution to the problem.

Are you pro-deficit? You've got to pay the piper. Get that tab settled and we can talk.

I hate this one.

These seem to oppose each other. No free healthcare for children, but no abortion. You're also against free education which would reduce unemployment. Its a bold strategy.

As far as the gay stuff, I give zero fucks. Let them do what makes them happy. Who am I to judge? As far as the religious stuff, you stay outa mine, I'll stay outa yours. That means keep it to yourself. Your religious beliefs are no more important than mine and I can guarantee they are not the same. That's why it's called freedom of religion. 'Merica.

Right?  "Fuck your health care" and "Christian values" all in the same breath.  It's so rich I can't even process it.

1 hour ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Questions for Cruz voters: 

Does it bother you that a person that claims he is "Tough as Texas", backs out of an agreed upon town hall with Beto? That Ted plays it safe in such a cowardly fashion? Do think that's toughness? Do you think he represents the essence of being Texan?

How about the fact that Cruz is universally hated by everyone - R or D - in Washington? That the guy they all snicker about behind his back has TEXAS attached to his name. You're ok with that? And spare me any sort of "outsider" angle, Cruz would fuck a goat if it guaranteed an election win. 

Tough as Texas means nothing to me. It’s an empty slogan. These guys are both just politicians hungry for power, nothing more.  

I’d rather he debate Beto again, but it doesn’t bother me enough to change my vote. I doubt it bothers more than 10 people enough to change their votes either.  

He’s not running for “politician who best represents essence of being Texan”.

I don’t care that he’s hated either. I care that he votes in line with my interests most of the time.

Hope that clarifies some things for you. 

• Like 2

Tough as Texas means nothing to me. It’s an empty slogan. These guys are both just politicians hungry for power, nothing more.  
I’d rather he debate Beto again, but it doesn’t bother me enough to change my vote. I doubt it bothers more than 10 people enough to change their votes either.  
I don’t care that he’s hated either. I care that he votes in line with my interests most of the time.
Great! I'm going primary Cornym with my Christian conservative MAGA robot. Guaranteed to vote your interests. Can I count on your support?
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Hammock said:

No, there's a lot more to it than that.   What's good for the national Republican political class isn't necessarily good for Texans.   While I'm no fan of his ideology, Cornyn is a real Texan who actually represents Texans.  As far as I can tell, he really fights for Texas in legislation and through his office's strong constituent services.   Cruz, by contrast, is a fake Texan who only represents himself.   He doesn't give a shit about his constituents and can't even stand up for his own wife and dad.   He'll sell out Texans whenever it helps him politically.  In that sense, he's like Chris Christie, who fooled everyone for awhile until he just openly abandoned New Jersey's interests in a quest for the presidency.

If you only care about the generic national R party line, these criticisms of Cruz aren't directed at you.   They're for people who factor in the value of real representation of state interests.  For those people, Beto may still not be your guy because of his broader policy stances, but he'll be better than Cruz on addressing issues of specific concern for Texans, and that's something valuable to take into account. 

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

It does. Your inability - or outright refusal - to think critically falls right in line with the hardline Trump supporters. I call it the "Fuck you, Got Mine" party, and it is the defining ethos that is destroying our country.  Congrats, I guess. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Beto would like to convert a Cruz voter to him, but his plan is more about getting his supporters or could-be supporters to the polls on election day.   In 2014, about 25% of the voting age population voted in Texas.

10 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Is it unfortunate that the CNN townhall debate (with 1 candidate) looks to be at the same time as Astros/Red Sox Game 5, which almost always occurs.    

If it means the Astros make it to the WS again.. Sorry Beto. 

Edited by Hammock
Grammur.

1 hour ago, horncyclist said:
1 hour ago, GRHorn said:

Read more  

Great! I'm going primary Cornym with my Christian conservative MAGA robot. Guaranteed to vote your interests. Can I count on your support?

Not a bad idea. Probably costs less money to keep the robot running than Ted. 

51 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

It does. Your inability - or outright refusal - to think critically falls right in line with the hardline Trump supporters. I call it the "Fuck you, Got Mine" party, and it is the defining ethos that is destroying our country.  Congrats, I guess. 

How am I not thinking critically?  Because I’m voting for a politician that’s personally distasteful? 

The defining thing that is destroying (has destroyed) our country is the corruption surrounding the federal government. (Military-industrial complex, surveillance state, financial system, revolving door lobbyist/government)  I have news for you, Beto isn’t changing that and he has no interest in changing it. 

We’re stuck where we are so I’ll choose to vote for someone who more generally will support individual rights against the government (especially via Supreme Court picks) than the other guy. So sue me. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GRHorn said:

We’re stuck where we are so I’ll choose to vote for someone who more generally will support individual rights against the government (especially via Supreme Court picks) than the other guy. So sue me. 

But they don't support individual rights. They support capital. If they supported individual rights, they would support a woman's right to choose what to do with her own body as well as decriminalizing scheduled drugs.

1 hour ago, Hammock said:

Cruz couldn't get a bill passed if his life depended on it:

"If you killed Ted Cruz on the floor of the Senate, and the trial was in the Senate, nobody would convict you.

Lindsay Graham

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

But they don't support individual rights. They support capital. If they supported individual rights, they would support a woman's right to choose what to do with her own body as well as decriminalizing scheduled drugs.

Abortion isn’t going anywhere, I don’t even factor that into anything.

Not sure what decriminalizing drugs has to do with it. That could happen over time too.  Not concerned. Pot will be legal by the time my kids are adults. 

3 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Not a bad idea. Probably costs less money to keep the robot running than Ted. 

How am I not thinking critically?  Because I’m voting for a politician that’s personally distasteful? 

The defining thing that is destroying (has destroyed) our country is the corruption surrounding the federal government. (Military-industrial complex, surveillance state, financial system, revolving door lobbyist/government)  I have news for you, Beto isn’t changing that and he has no interest in changing it. 

*Opposes these things, votes Republican*

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

You know, I USED to think that way.  But then I watched the GOP in action.  From what I can see, they support exactly ONE individual right: the right to keep and bear arms.  They aren't too hip on things like the 4th amendment, the right to travel freely, etc.  They pay lip-service to religious freedom under the first amendment, but that's disingenuous as shit: they support only ONE exercise of "religious freedom" -- the right to discriminate based on your faith.  Otherwise, they ain't so hip on it (see anyone daring to be muslim, wanting to build a mosque, or hell, even be a progressive Christian).

Voting for the GOP because you want to support a party that stands up for individual rights is like voting for sharks because you support veganism.

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Don't know how a woman can feel comfortable that "abortion isn't going anywhere", when a sitting U.S. Congressman posted this after the Kavanaugh confirmation. 

Don’t worry Hank, it’s still legal to murder them. 

23 hours ago, Brian Fantana said:

....in a hilariously gerrymandered red state, fuck him right?

Tell me about it.  I live inside Loop 12, basically center city Dallas, and my House district extends all the way past fucking Palestine.  Why?  To protect Pete Sessions.   Bullshit.  Give me a representative that is representative of my district, not someone from fucking Terrell.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Don't know how a woman can feel comfortable that "abortion isn't going anywhere", when a sitting U.S. Congressman posted this after the Kavanaugh confirmation. 

Doubtful.  If you really glean deep into Supreme Court jurisprudence and the current justices, it is very doubtful Roberts will ever vote for a full reversal.  Even Kavanaugh might not go all the way believe it or not (on this specific issue only).  Now if Ginsburg dies before 2020...

2 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

I just envisioned Ted's face on a sex robot. My prostate and genitalia tore themselves out of my body and caught a bus for the West Coast. I am now a eunuch, bleeding to death. I don't even care. Thanks. arrrrrrg h h

Negged for putting that vision in my head.