2019 Transfer & Grad-Transfer Available Players

LTtxfan

On 2/11/2019 at 8:57 AM, texasstrong12 said:

No chance OU will let [Ron Tatum] transfer here. 

But still a big loss for OU if he transfers.  

On 2/11/2019 at 8:58 AM, texifornia said:

I thought with the rise of ~*~The Portal~*~ that they can't block in-conference transfers anymore?

On 2/11/2019 at 8:59 AM, RabidM said:

In conference transfer rules still apply.

On 2/11/2019 at 9:02 AM, texasstrong12 said:

So OU can't restrict him if he enters the portal but the in conference transfer rules still apply? 

If Tatum goes to a Juco and takes classes all summer and this fall, he could conceivably graduate this December. Then he could enroll wherever he wanted in January 2020 whether it is in the Big 12 or elsewhere.

Don't know why more kids don't do the Juco for a semester or two and then wipe their slate clean. He can't play this fall anyway, so why not go where he wants to go?

11 minutes ago, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

He was a freshman this year right?  How could he possibly accumulate enough hours to graduate in the next 10 months?  

Think he meant Juco graduation....

Napoleon 's quote:  "If Tatum goes to a Juco and takes classes all summer and this fall, he could conceivably graduate this December. "

Edited by LTtxfan

55 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

It's OU. If you color all the pages and stay mostly within the lines, you're good to go.

Yeah, the idea that he could go to a JUCO and graduate in 10 months after spending a year in Normal isn't all that compelling. He needs to find another place that expends resources in getting him up to speed and keeping him on task. The JUCO route is a much harder row to hoe after SlO-U.

16 hours ago, Napoleon said:

If Tatum goes to a Juco and takes classes all summer and this fall, he could conceivably graduate this December. Then he could enroll wherever he wanted in January 2020 whether it is in the Big 12 or elsewhere.

Don't know why more kids don't do the Juco for a semester or two and then wipe their slate clean. He can't play this fall anyway, so why not go where he wants to go?

Tatum has academic issues coming out HS, so I doubt he could graduate that quickly from JUCO. He was super talented, so I doubt the primary reason he’s leaving is that he doesn’t think he can beat guys out. Could be academic issues playing a role, or maybe he just doesn’t like the new coaches.

17 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Tatum has academic issues coming out HS, so I doubt he could graduate that quickly from JUCO. He was super talented, so I doubt the primary reason he’s leaving is that he doesn’t think he can beat guys out. Could be academic issues playing a role, or maybe he just doesn’t like the new coaches.

Grinch probably hasn't even addressed the defensive players if he coaches like he recruits. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
Katfid hates blacks.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Supposedly, some other schools are contacting Mizzu Seniors to try to get them to transfer due to bowl ban.... Not sure whether Barry Odom's comment about Tennessee is meant as a joke or not though......

http://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-football/news/missouri-sec-transfers-tennessee-called-out-barry-odom-ncaa-bowl-ban/afpcl40c7e7m189u1tr9usep3

Edited by LTtxfan

Probably doesn’t mean anything but on Casey Thompson’s snap chat he said “need help looking for an apartment in Oklahoma, any suggestions?”

Doesn’t make sense why he would leave since he would be back up and Sam isn’t always healthy and spring practice hasn’t even started. Could’ve been for asking for someone else.

4 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

This weekend right?

According to below article, Braun coming to Austin March 1st.  I've read speculation that Texas wants Braun the most.  Followed probably by Proctor.

https://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/02/20/ohio-state-texas-among-potential-landing-spots-for-all-acc-transfer/?shared=email&msg=fail

Edited by LTtxfan

43 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

According to below article, Braun coming to Austin March 1st.  I've read speculation that Texas wants Braun the most.  Followed probably by Proctor.

https://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/02/20/ohio-state-texas-among-potential-landing-spots-for-all-acc-transfer/?shared=email&msg=fail

It’s not speculation. He’s pretty obviously above Proctor and the others. 

From this article: https://www.thestate.com/sports/college/acc/clemson-university/article226752289.html

I wonder if a good grad transfer RB, like Feaster, shakes loose this summer if he doesn't win the backup role in spring football. I would gladly snag Clemson's third stringer.

HOW WILL THE RUNNING BACK ROTATION PLAY OUT?

Clemson has a clear-cut No. 1 back in Heisman candidate Travis Etienne, but the Tigers should have an intense battle for the backup job. Tavien Feaster and Lyn-J Dixon were both in the running back rotation in 2018 and will battle for the backup job in 2019. Feaster, a rising senior, said during the College Football Playoff that he might transfer during the offseason, but he appears poised to finish out his career with the Tigers. Dixon led Clemson in yards per carry at 8.8 last year, compiling 547 yards on 62 carries. With an offseason under his belt, Dixon should go toe-to-toe with Feaster for the backup job this season.

5 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Wowwww he's going to be in extremely high demand

Honest question, is this sarcasm? I mean, I get it he'll probably be in some level of demand but didn't he lose his job to Mertz before he even stepped on campus for a reason? And that reason is he sucked massive donkey dick as a QB. 

• Like 1

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

Honest question, is this sarcasm? I mean, I get it he'll probably be in some level of demand but didn't he lose his job to Mertz before he even stepped on campus for a reason? And that reason is he sucked massive donkey dick as a QB. 

When it's him or Starkelmotion at the top of the GT board, I gotta think schools like FSU are going to jump for him with a quickness.

7 minutes ago, texifornia said:

When it's him or Starkelmotion at the top of the GT board, I gotta think schools like FSU are going to jump for him with a quickness.

I mean, seriously no shit I'd take Starkelmotion and his wildly limited film over Alex Hornibrook and his extensive multi-year film of being absolutely shittastic. This is 100% one of those situations where I'd take an unlikely good unknown over an almost guaranteed shitburger wrapped in radioactive waste. This guy's stats look like Zach Calzada's but in college. And on top of that I probably watched 6 or 8 Wisconsin games last season and that guy looked so fucking inept and incapable at QB he was easily mistaken for the loser at Arkansas last year, or any LSU QB from 2014-2018.

Edited by SydneyCarton

22 hours ago, texifornia said:

Wowwww he's going to be in extremely high demand

Until they watch the tape.  I'd prefer Tyrone Swoopes.  Keep in mind, he's bad with all his receivers getting 1-1 coverage because teams load the box to stop their running backs.