2019 Transfer & Grad-Transfer Available Players

LTtxfan

Just said it was mutual.  I guess he didn't want to spend another year behind....  looks at long list of gator qb disappointments...Franks

If history has shown us anything...  he'll flourish where ever he goes. Damnit

I don't know why, but I had him confused with Emory Jones ...  that takes a LOT of the sting out...  still   WTF?

Edited by Loco

11 minutes ago, Loco said:

Just said it was mutual.  I guess he didn't want to spend another year behind....  looks at long list of gator qb disappointments...Franks

I don't know why, but I had him confused with Emory Jones ...  that takes a LOT of the sting out...  still   WTF?

Lol. I was about to ask what about Emory? If it’s any consolation, based on his throwing motion in that picture, you’re not losing much.

On 4/30/2019 at 4:14 PM, Loco said:

There is this belief that the blue blood programs will be the biggest beneficiaries of the new transfer portal. I don’t necessarily agree. Blue blood programs win today because they have a deep pool of talent. Other programs have talent gaps and aren’t as deep. That is why blue blood programs beat lesser programs.

I believe the portal moves talent more efficiently to many different programs with significant talent gaps, thereby narrowing the talent gap between blue bloods that already are deep with talent, and lesser programs that maybe are 3-4 players away from having at least a solid 1 or 2 deep depth chart. This is especially true when you consider the QB position. I think we will see more parity in college football over the next few years as a result of the portal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

Ah damn, I was hoping we'd get to see another year of confused Alex Delton

I'm trying to understand why this news makes you think any different. Is it simply based on Longhorn94 regularly fellating the guy as a worldbeater? What about his film or time at Ohio State has you shitting yourself here?

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

There is this belief that the blue blood programs will be the biggest beneficiaries of the new transfer portal. I don’t necessarily agree. Blue blood programs win today because they have a deep pool of talent. Other programs have talent gaps and aren’t as deep. That is why blue blood programs beat lesser programs.

I believe the portal moves talent more efficiently to many different programs with significant talent gaps, thereby narrowing the talent gap between blue bloods that already are deep with talent, and lesser programs that maybe are 3-4 players away from having at least a solid 1 or 2 deep depth chart. This is especially true when you consider the QB position. I think we will see more parity in college football over the next few years as a result of the portal.

I don’t know.  Good players want to go to good programs.  Look where Fields, Martell, Burrow, Murray, Hurts went.  OU and LSU would have sucked balls otherwise.  Transfers have helped blue bloods a lot and will continue to do so.   Will average players going to middle tier programs have much of an effect on them?  Maybe we will see more parity among the programs that have no shot at playoffs.  The top it seems to me will just get stronger.  

Edited by ClubWhatever

20 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I'm trying to understand why this news makes you think any different. Is it simply based on Longhorn94 regularly fellating the guy as a worldbeater? What about his film or time at Ohio State has you shitting yourself here?

Not shitting myself, just thinking anything is probably an upgrade over Delton given how he looked against us. @angelos's frog says he's apparently had a brain implant in Fort Worth though.

2 hours ago, texifornia said:

Ah damn, I was hoping we'd get to see another year of confused Alex Delton

The family and their attorney feel good about their prospects to play immediately. Ohio State is not opposing the transfer or the waiver. I hope he does well except when he plays Texas!

13 minutes ago, Tired of Lurking said:

Why would he get a waiver and someone like Shawn Robinson has to redshirt? I don’t get it.

Tate left same school (ohio state) and received waiver for immediate eligibility.  So the NCAA has already set the precedent to approve all waiver requests for Ohio state players who left this spring.... 

7 hours ago, Tired of Lurking said:

But he’s a 2 year player who had playing time last year. If anything, he’s more similar to Robinson than Baldwin.

The family and their attorney feel good about their prospects to play immediately.

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

East Carolina is offering day one starter role. Texas has a better depth chart to offer than Bama or OU, so if we're still on him, and we've got a personal tie, we've got a good shot.

Some Clemson folks have been saying that he may be just a normal transfer if he can't get things wrapped up this summer, would that heavily effect the staff's plans.

21 minutes ago, Not a Sock said:

Some Clemson folks have been saying that he may be just a normal transfer if he can't get things wrapped up this summer, would that heavily effect the staff's plans.

Maybe not if he can get a waiver like everyone else, but if he's not able to play in 2019, I think that pretty much kills our interest.

31 minutes ago, Not a Sock said:

A normal transfer today just means a few dollars to a lawyer and you are magically a grad transfer. 

2 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Hooboy. That's going to fucking sting.

This is an outstanding example of how (hopefully) making character and culture fit as important as talent. As we saw with Thompson and Rising (although at a vanity position of QB), we're still going to have transfer issues.  But man, getting talent that is willing to wait it's turn is going to be vital to building rosters going forward. I think we'll be much more at risk of losing more players than we can plug in as time goes forward. 

Of course, this jabrone will probably be looking at Alabama, Clemson, and Ohio State...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Related to him rooming with Jalon Jones, sexual assaulter. Cesspool, IMO.

http://www.gatorsports.com/2019/05/chris-steele-to-transfer-ufs-top-2019-recruit-leaving-the-program/

Spoiler

Florida freshman cornerback Chris Steele is transferring from the school.

The former five-star recruit has entered his name into the NCAA transfer portal. Steele met with UF coach Dan Mullen on Wednesday night and informed him, a source close to the situation told The Sun.

The decision stems from a request Steele made to the staff during his first month on campus, the source said. He asked to be moved to a different dorm because he was uncomfortable rooming with quarterback Jalon Jones, his classmate.

The staff did not plan to move Steele until the summer, which upset Steele and his parents, according to the source.

Then two female students accused Jones of sexual assault at the players’ dorm on April 6. That prompted Steele to seek a transfer.

Jones has not been charged but has left the school.

Regarding Steele’s decision to transfer, the Florida football program had no official comment on Thursday.

Steele committed to the Gators at the All-American Bowl on Jan. 5 and enrolled early the following week. He received first-time reps in the spring and was expected to make an immediate impact this season.

The 6-foot-1, 195-pound Steele was the highest-rated recruit in UF’s 2019 class, earning a consensus top-50 ranking and a five-star rating from Rivals.com.

He was Florida’s first California signee since 2010, hailing from St. John Bosco High School in Bellflower, Calif.

Edited by KYHorn
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

http://www.gatorsports.com/2019/05/chris-steele-to-transfer-ufs-top-2019-recruit-leaving-the-program/

Hide contents

The former five-star recruit has entered his name into the NCAA transfer portal. Steele met with UF coach Dan Mullen on Wednesday night and informed him, a source close to the situation told The Sun.

The decision stems from a request Steele made to the staff during his first month on campus, the source said. He asked to be moved to a different dorm because he was uncomfortable rooming with quarterback Jalon Jones, his classmate.

The staff did not plan to move Steele until the summer, which upset Steele and his parents, according to the source.

Then two female students accused Jones of sexual assault at the players’ dorm on April 6. That prompted Steele to seek a transfer.

Regarding Steele’s decision to transfer, the Florida football program had no official comment on Thursday.

Steele committed to the Gators at the All-American Bowl on Jan. 5 and enrolled early the following week. He received first-time reps in the spring and was expected to make an immediate impact this season.

The 6-foot-1, 195-pound Steele was the highest-rated recruit in UF’s 2019 class, earning a consensus top-50 ranking and a five-star rating from Rivals.com.

He was Florida’s first California signee since 2010, hailing from St. John Bosco High School in Bellflower, Calif. 

That actually reflects pretty well on Steele. Kind of shocking.

Also Jones must have been a grade-A creepshow, holy shit.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

Reveal hidden contents

Yeah, Florida boards have been in a state of pseudo-meltdown for much of the offseason. Mullen can coach, but he's not really getting it done on the trail right now.

5 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

Reveal hidden contents

Holy shit. That's...horrible. 

But considering Tathan Tot and Fields, I have to think "Listen, I transferred out because they wouldn't move me away from their QB, who sexually assaulted 2 women in April" is going to be a compelling and accepted reason by the NCAA to transfer. And every single article is going to say Chris Steele wanted nothing to do with a program that was harboring a sexual assaulter, left school or not. There's no way this is going to look good for Florida, nationally and on the recruiting trail. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Yeah, Florida boards have been in a state of pseudo-meltdown for much of the offseason. Mullen can coach, but he's not really getting it done on the trail right now.

Had a top 10 class in 2019, but...