2019 Transfer & Grad-Transfer Available Players

LTtxfan

4 hours ago, Machinator said:

I, for one, hate to see that happen to a super nice guy like Patterson. How's he going to find time to negative recruit while dealing with all of these mistreatment allegations?

I'm looking forward to seeing Herman steal more of their good evaluations late in the cycle. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Not a Sock said:

LMAO that LSU CB is now saying he is transferring refuting what his dad said earlier, sounds like somebody didn’t get as big of a bag as they wanted.

He was their second highest rated prospect from that class

Can we chuckle at players using the portal to get bought 2-4 times instead of once?  Did anyone anticipate that can of worms? It would be too funny to see half the SEC players put their name in the portal every year.

Can the players get another round of 'visit money' by being in the portal? 

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP

2 minutes ago, markstanco said:

On morning drive on ESPNU radio, a few days ago they discussed a stat that I thought was interesting.

They said that over half of the P5 players that enter the portal wont have a home at a P5 school.  

There was an article in the Athletic about it. I guess we'll see what happens when the game of musical chairs stop, but currently, the percentage (of P5 portal players landing at another P5) is around 20%.

3 minutes ago, markstanco said:

On morning drive on ESPNU radio, a few days ago they discussed a stat that I thought was interesting.

They said that over half of the P5 players that enter the portal wont have a home at a P5 school.  

That makes sense - most kids who transfer aren't doing it because they've made the roster and are clearly showing they're P5-quality players.

Look at the guys who've transferred out of UT this year (Rising, Carter, Houston, Porter, Townsend).

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, texifornia said:

That makes sense - most kids who transfer aren't doing it because they've made the roster and are clearly showing they're P5-quality players.

Look at the guys who've transferred out of UT this year (Rising, Carter, Houston, Porter, Townsend).

Agree with all except for Rising - jury is still out on him.

2 hours ago, markstanco said:

Info from recent CBS Sports article:

"Although unofficial, that 247Sports transfer portal list shows approximately 400 of those 720 FBS players have yet to find a new school."

Interesting in the article it claims that waiver approvals about the same:  

"In reality, waiver appeals continue to be granted at the same rate as they have recent years -- approximately 65-75 percent are granted."

Here's article......

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/seven-months-into-the-transfer-portal-college-football-coaches-break-down-its-impact-and-future/

2 hours ago, texifornia said:

to be fair, Porter and Townsend were grad transfers, right? (vs Portal transfers?)

18 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

The Joseph guy leaving LSU was a known turd. He probably helps LSU with an exit. I cannot fucking wait to see how Marcel Brooks turns out for them. 

did he actually qualify or is he having to do summer school to get in?

on one hand i was shocked anyone took him - on the other hand i think he only took one visit and LSU is probably the only place in the universe he can actually graduate from if it all works out

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

The Joseph guy leaving LSU was a known turd. He probably helps LSU with an exit. I cannot fucking wait to see how Marcel Brooks turns out for them. 

He's a wannabe rapper, and wants to live that lifestyle 

16 hours ago, campcrunk said:

I, for one, hate to see that happen to a super nice guy like Patterson. How's he going to find time to negative recruit while dealing with all of these mistreatment allegations?

I'm looking forward to seeing Herman steal more of their good evaluations late in the cycle. 

Man, when Robinson was a HS sophomore, I thought he was a VY clone. Interesting that he might never pan out to be much in college. I'm really enjoying the fact he bailed on TCU and is giving the program grief. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:
22 hours ago, Machinator said:

I know so far most wavers have been granted, and I'm no fan of Patterson, but I think Robinson will have a hard time proving that being asked to "please stop throwing so many fucking interceptions" is player mistreatment.

You might be right on Robinson's situation -- the NCCA does deny some waiver requests each year. 

The recent past waiver approval history has been approximately 65-75 percent granted.

3 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

You might be right on Robinson's situation -- the NCCA does deny some waiver requests each year. 

The recent past waiver approval history has been approximately 65-75 percent granted. 

It mostly depends on whether or not you lawyer up, not the reason given for transferring 

Not sure where this should be posted, but it's looking like one of LSU's best recruits from their 2019 class, Maurice Hampton, will be drafted in the first round or comp round in the MLB draft

He signed with LSU, so that's count against their 2019 class, which means one fewer spot to count back for early enrollees. Losing Hampton after losing Joseph is losing two very talented DBs, even if one of them is a ticking time bomb

7 hours ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

Can we chuckle at players using the portal to get bought 2-4 times instead of once?  Did anyone anticipate that can of worms? It would be too funny to see half the SEC players put their name in the portal every year.

Can the players get another round of 'visit money' by being in the portal? 

Perhaps what the NCAA couldn't/wouldn't do to the SEC recruiting/pay model the transfer portal can?

2 hours ago, Fud said:

Not sure where this should be posted, but it's looking like one of LSU's best recruits from their 2019 class, Maurice Hampton, will be drafted in the first round or comp round in the MLB draft

He signed with LSU, so that's count against their 2019 class, which means one fewer spot to count back for early enrollees. Losing Hampton after losing Joseph is losing two very talented DBs, even if one of them is a ticking time bomb

Projected to go 2nd half of round 1, although I've seen him mocked as high as the tenth pick to the Giants.  Going to be pretty hard to say no to $3-4mm.

11 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Maybe if a couple existing Texas WRs are about to portal out??

EzWePoL3almost guaranteed that some of these guys are going to not be here after this year...10 WR that are SO/RS FR/FR next year. too lazy to type out where each of them go position wise

Spoiler

EzWePoL3

Edited by NoName

i think if we are not gonna spend our last scolly ( that is right/? only 1 available?) on an RB. I dont see us spending one on a WR. we probably run the risk of 1 or 2 leaving with just what we have now, 

youd think theyd want to save it to award a walk on in the fall. 

2 minutes ago, NorLa Horns said:

i think if we are not gonna spend our last scolly ( that is right/? only 1 available?) on an RB. I dont see us spending one on a WR. we probably run the risk of 1 or 2 leaving with just what we have now, 

I dont think any coaching staff in the country, at any program, at ANY level ever says "You know what, I really want to save a scholarship or two that we can award to a walk-on in the fall.  Maximizing our roster, fuck that bullshit. Lets me good guys!" 

Ok, maybe Mack Brown at North Carolina. But no one fucking else. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I dont think any coaching staff in the country, at any program, at ANY level ever says "You know what, I really want to save a scholarship or two that we can award to a walk-on in the fall.  Maximizing our roster, fuck that bullshit. Lets me good guys!" 

Ok, maybe Mack Brown at North Carolina. But no one fucking else. 

And this kind of take is why you are an internet loudmouth. And not a college head coach.  

Texas sure seemed to make a lot about giving those scollies out the last 2 years. And Hermans emphasis on the walk on program seems evident. 

But.you do you, dude. 

5 minutes ago, NorLa Horns said:

And this kind of take is why you are an internet loudmouth. And not a college head coach.  

Texas sure seemed to make a lot about giving those scollies out the last 2 years. And Hermans emphasis on the walk on program seems evident. 

But.you do you, dude. 

Yes, when he HAS extra scholarships he puts them to use. Effectively. This is not the same as playing with an 83 man roster so he can give away 2 per year for positive PR. 

“Oh shit we need to pressure josh moore to transfer or recruit one less stud so we can offer Practice McSquad a scholarship in August” is a plausible concept to you? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Zuber is a good player, good enough to play and even start here.  I remember him as kind of a pouter, though, that Snyder had to sit down at least once for not playing his brand of ward cleaver football.  Assuming I remember this wrong and his attitude is vetted, I say bring him in and process some other WR.  Roster Darwinism.

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Yes, when he HAS extra scholarships he puts them to use. Effectively. This is not the same as playing with an 83 man roster so he can give away 2 per year for positive PR. 

“Oh shit we need to pressure josh moore to transfer or recruit one less stud so we can offer Practice McSquad a scholarship in August” is a plausible concept to you? 

Im not talking about coaches sitting in a dark room beating their meat thinking about giving rides to walk ons. Im talking about using scollies constructively. 

I Gave 3 examples of where to go with an available scolly. On a RB. If we miss/dont take Feaster/ quality RB. I dont think we need another RB. But its a possibility. 

This post was a response to the WR. From Kstate(?)  Which we dont need. 

Or not wasting it on something we dont need and rewarding a walk on. A walk on program Herman is promoting. Taking 3 star developmental guys,who had other options.  who could grow into producers. 

But you say ,fuck em. We dont need them.  show them we dont give a shit about them. I can go on quoting all the negative shit you are implying. Its bad optics. Texas wants top quality walk ons. And not just to be practice tackling dummies. they want guys that can contribute. And the way you get walk ons to buy in is to dangle a scolly. 

But you are so eager to shit on posters whose dick you arent riding youll jump to a bad take and fucking double down on it.  

You dont know shit about coaching. You dont know shit about motivating and leading young men. 

But like I said dude. You do you. 

12 hours ago, NorLa Horns said:

Im not talking about coaches sitting in a dark room beating their meat thinking about giving rides to walk ons. Im talking about using scollies constructively. 

I Gave 3 examples of where to go with an available scolly. On a RB. If we miss/dont take Feaster/ quality RB. I dont think we need another RB. But its a possibility. 

Or not wasting it on something we dont need and rewarding a walk on. A walk on program Herman is promoting. Taking 3 star developmental guys,who had other options.  who could grow into producers. 

But you say ,fuck em. We dont need them.  show them we dont give a shit about them. I can go on quoting all the negative shit you are implying. Its bad optics. Texas wants top quality walk ons. And not just to be practice tackling dummies. they want guys that can contribute. And the way you get walk ons to buy in is to dangle a scolly. 

But you are so eager to shit on posters whose dick you arent riding youll jump to a bad take and fucking double down on it.  

You dont know shit about coaching. You dont know shit about motivating and leading young men. 

15 hours ago, NorLa Horns said:

Actually, man, that is exactly what you said in the quote above in the context. You specifically said they'd rather save the scholarship than use it on a WR. If you'd just said "I see them taking a running back" or "using schollies constructively" then neither I, nor anyone else, would have any reason to disagree with you. It's when you said they'd rather save a scholarship for the fall. I certainly agree, I don't think they're taking a WR with it, nor should they. But I also don't think they're EVER going to save a scholarship for the fall if they can use it NOW to improve the team, which is exactly what you said above, SPECIFICALLY in regards to rewarding walk-ons. That is, exactly " coaches sitting in a dark room beating their meat thinking about giving rides to walk ons." Your words. You literally say it again in one paragraph later.

I attacked the walk on program in no way man. It's obviously important to Herman. He's getting good players in. It's a great benefit and a refreshing thing. But what I do know, is that walk ons get benefits being walk ons. It's hard work but I'm pretty sure they get better meals and some other benefits. And Herman treats them well, and when he HAS extra scholarships, he rewards kids with 1 year scholarships, and it's fantastic. But that isn't the same thing as SAVING A SCHOLARSHIP for one, which he just doesn't do unless he thinks he's going to give it to that kid for 3 more years. 

You can call me a loudmouth, someone who can't lead men, whatever. But as far as this exchange has gone, the only one of us who has resorted to name calling is you. Not that I give a fuck what your opinion is, but that's a pretty interesting tactic when you're trying to claim some kind of high ground.

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:
15 hours ago, NorLa Horns said:

Read more  

18 hours ago, NorLa Horns said:

Actually, man, that is exactly what you said in the quote above in the context. You specifically said they'd rather save the scholarship than use it on a WR. If you'd just said "I see them taking a running back" or "using schollies constructively" then neither I, nor anyone else, would have any reason to disagree with you. It's when you said they'd rather save a scholarship for the fall. I certainly agree, I don't think they're taking a WR with it, nor should they. But I also don't think they're EVER going to save a scholarship for the fall if they can use it NOW to improve the team, which is exactly what you said above, SPECIFICALLY in regards to rewarding walk-ons. That is, exactly " coaches sitting in a dark room beating their meat thinking about giving rides to walk ons." Your words. You literally say it again in one paragraph later. 

I attacked the walk on program in no way man. It's obviously important to Herman. He's getting good players in. It's a great benefit and a refreshing thing. But what I do know, is that walk ons get benefits being walk ons. It's hard work but I'm pretty sure they get better meals and some other benefits. And Herman treats them well, and when he HAS extra scholarships, he rewards kids with 1 year scholarships, and it's fantastic. But that isn't the same thing as SAVING A SCHOLARSHIP for one, which he just doesn't do unless he thinks he's going to give it to that kid for 3 more years.  

You can call me a loudmouth, someone who can't lead men, whatever. But as far as this exchange has gone, the only one of us who has resorted to name calling is you. Not that I give a fuck what your opinion is, but that's a pretty interesting tactic when you're trying to claim some kind of high ground. 

giphy.gif