College Gameday in Dallas for Texas/OU

TexasFan21

My girlfriend's old high school friend is getting married in Fort Worth at 2 PM on Saturday. I've heard of other people dealing with this, but never thought it would happen to me. How do I pretend to be happy for the couple, when the reality is that I've never had such little respect--nay, such untethered rage--for two people I've never met?

Edited by Cashdaddyblumpkins

6 minutes ago, Cashdaddyblumpkins said:

My girlfriend's old high school friend is getting married in Fort Worth at 2 PM on Saturday. I've heard of other people dealing with this, but never thought it would happen to me. How do I pretend to be happy for the couple, when the reality is that I've never had such little respect--nay, such untethered rage--for two people I've never met?

Don't go?

7 minutes ago, Cashdaddyblumpkins said:

This is an excellent question. Consider this a great test of your relationship -- if your girlfriend is upset that you are skipping these vile people's big event, then it wasn't meant to be.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Cashdaddyblumpkins said:

Seems like a great time to find a new girlfriend.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

GameDay doesn't really recognize TX/OU as home away scenario.  In all seriousness the guest picker will probably be a Dallas related person.  If I had to make a legitimate guess I would bet it's Dirk.

Seriously, if you're going with someone from the association, KD would seem a pretty solid pick.

30 minutes ago, brojangles2 said:

Uber won’t  let me schedule for Saturday morning. Keeps giving a damn error message. 

good job planning ahead. in 2016 our group waited around and headed to the game later than we should have. uber driver couldn't speak english and drove the wrong way for 30 minutes. missed the entire 1st quarter.

1 hour ago, Cashdaddyblumpkins said:

This is the easiest decision of my life. And if it also isn’t easy for your girlfriend to understand, then she ain’t the one. But you also fucked by not putting your foot down as soon as y’all got the invite knowing what day it was. That may have cost you the chance now to get out of it. Poor bastard. 

It's a real shame that this 11am spot isn't showcasing the Texas OU game. We should move it home and home. No one seems to give a shit about it any more. Oh wait...two major networks are doing pre-game shows there, one of which is the national standard for what is the hot matchup that weekend. Maybe it's more about us not sucking ass like we have the last 5 years. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Like 8

Find a new girlfriend at the game.
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Cashdaddyblumpkins said:

This should not even be a problem and since it is a problem your pretty much screwed for life if you stick with this girl. You should have already told her to take a girlfriend to this wedding.  The fact you post this makes me even question your manhood. 

11 minutes ago, mdmost said:

It's a real shame that this 11am spot isn't showcasing the Texas OU game. We should move it home and home. No one seems to give a shit about it any more. Oh wait...two major networks are doing pre-game shows there, one of which is the national standard for what is the hot matchup that weekend. Maybe it's more about us not sucking ass like we have the last 5 years. 

Exactly, and why all the talk about leaving this conference is bullshit. Just win the fucking thing more often and the problem solves itself.