Fort Worth is exploding

wild_turkey

2 hours ago, wild_turkey said:

Why does it seem that way to you? I’m not sure what you consider “nicer”, but I eat out around FW often and none of my favorite spots are Dallas retreads.

Better said, Dallas retreads and chains in downtown/central.  Del Frisco's Double Eagle, Bob's Steakhouse, The Capital Grille, Texas de Brazil, Eddie V's, Ruth's Chris, Silver Fox, etc. seem to be where lots of business meals happen.  And that's usually what I'm doing when I'm in Fort Worth.  I love the old standbys like Angelo's, Railyard, Joe T's, Cattlemen's Steakhouse, and The Original Mexican Eats downtown.  Sounds like there are more places that I should explore.  Thanks for the comment. 

• 2 weeks later...

Teddy Wong’s, new Chinese/dumpling spot on rosedale, gets a strong thumbs up. Been open a couple months, at capacity for Sunday lunch and said most weekdays walk ins are tough to sit. Pork soup dumpling and rangoons were very good. General tso was good as well. Decent price point, very good service. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 12/21/2023 at 8:33 PM, DalTxHornFan said:

Better said, Dallas retreads and chains in downtown/central.  Del Frisco's Double Eagle, Bob's Steakhouse, The Capital Grille, Texas de Brazil, Eddie V's, Ruth's Chris, Silver Fox, etc. seem to be where lots of business meals happen.  And that's usually what I'm doing when I'm in Fort Worth.  I love the old standbys like Angelo's, Railyard, Joe T's, Cattlemen's Steakhouse, and The Original Mexican Eats downtown.  Sounds like there are more places that I should explore.  Thanks for the comment. 

Not to bash but these are just national high end chains not Dallas chains. Business meals in every major city in the country happen here.

1 hour ago, wild_turkey said:

I have eaten at Musume a couple times.

Doesn’t look good at all. Internet says there have been some injuries but hopefully everyone makes out okay.

I don't see how that'd be possible, just looking at that building.  Anybody in the bottom two or three floors has got to be in pretty bad shape.  And anybody on the street outside almost certainly suffered life-threatening injuries.

Quite the day in FW. Explosion, crazy-ass wind, now I've received one text saying Joe T's is being sold to Sheridan, the next said Love. 

Who knows the Lancarte family? 

Sheridan and Love are two turds from the same ass. I don’t hate Joe T’s, but I find it wildly overrrated so I only go when required. Either one of those two assbags buys it and that’s the last reason I need to never set foot on the property ever again.
  • Hook 'Em 1

15 hours ago, Herbie Hancock said:

People seeing dollar signs went from being perfectly fine to wanting to be checked out at the hospital and they just had to have an ambulance take them there to do so.

There was a "shooting" in Houston around NYE.  A bullet from "celebratory gunfire" fell through the open sunroof of the "victim's" car, bounced off of his shoulder and landed on the floor mat.  Taken by ambulance and it never broke the skin.  But he was a gunshot victim. And the newsbunnies went wild!

That 21 is inflated. People seeing dollar signs went from being perfectly fine to wanting to be checked out at the hospital and they just had to have an ambulance take them there to do so.

Do you have inside knowledge of this? That’s a weird judgement to make otherwise.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, wild_turkey said:

Do you have inside knowledge of this? That’s a weird judgement to make otherwise.

Anybody that was inside the building potentially has some ear issues, as the pressure wave from the explosion would have been pretty large.

17 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Quite the day in FW. Explosion, crazy-ass wind, now I've received one text saying Joe T's is being sold to Sheridan, the next said Love. 

Who knows the Lancarte family? 

I heard quite a while ago Joe T's was looking for a buyer but the number they were asking was so absurd I blew it off as gossip.

20 hours ago, Fudbelty said:

Damn, downtown had a rough day. Christmas tree blew over in the middle of the night.

It was scheduled to come down today anyways.  We saw the tree about month ago while downtown having dinner.  Probably the most beautiful Christmas tree that I’ve ever seen at 80 feet tall.

Sheridan and Love are two turds from the same ass. I don’t hate Joe T’s, but I find it wildly overrrated so I only go when required. Either one of those two assbags buys it and that’s the last reason I need to never set foot on the property ever again.

I don’t eat at a Joe T’s for the usual reasons but if the family can cash out selling it for millions then good for them. American dream. I remember as a kid you’d go in The back door thru the kitchen. I remember there was once a mama dog with her puppies by the kitchen and the waitress took me back to play with them.
  • Hook 'Em 1