Updated Bowl Projections per ESPN

Mdhorn

30 minutes ago, S11 said:

3 loss UW who barely lost to Auburn, Cal, and Oregon would have a better shot than 3 loss UT who lost to OkSt, WVU, and Maryland.

michigan barely lost to ND and had a bad loss to tOSU.

UTs odds wouldn’t be that great

Other teams "barely lost" huh, did you watch those Texas games?

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, S11 said:

3 loss UW who barely lost to Auburn, Cal, and Oregon would have a better shot than 3 loss UT who lost to OkSt, WVU, and Maryland.

michigan barely lost to ND and had a bad loss to tOSU.

UTs odds wouldn’t be that great

Texas barely lost every game this year. Gtfo with that stupid shit. And same with anyone who thinks we are going to the playoffs. We arent, those dreams went bye bye in Stoolwater when our whole defense got benched for the first quarter.

Edited by The_Great_Hornsby

4 minutes ago, FuckinA said:

Fuck you, you sisterfucking Sooner. Go jerk off to that bullshit spin-off Ewok movie.

Lol.  Ok cool guy.  Thought you’d get a rise out of me?  Your mom does a better job.  Come back to me after you’ve established your tiny dick around these parts.  Or are you a freshly banned dipshit coming back, yet again.  That seems to happen a lot.  Better luck this time, champ.  😘

Edited by ChiTownDoc
Awesome ‘new ‘ poster
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

14 minutes ago, FuckinA said:

Wow are dumb motherfuckers really dreaming about playoffs in here? Get the fuck out of here and please don’t procreate. Holy shit. Don’t go full aggy.

The discussion is that if a whole bunch of cards fall the right way we at least get our name thrown in the hat which would be refreshing considering the past 9 seasons.

Dreaming implies it's a long way off or extremely unlikely. Don't get your panties in a wad.

Lol.  Ok cool guy.  Thought you’d get a rise out of me?  Your mom does a better job.  Come back to me after you’ve established your tiny dick around these parts.  Or are you a freshly banned dipshit coming back, yet again.  That seems to happen a lot.  Better luck this time, champ.  

Congratulations on having your tiny dick “established.” I remember you from the old site. Regardless of how many posts you’ve had on whichever site I couldn’t give less of a shit about a Sooner.
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, FuckinA said:

Congratulations on having your tiny dick “established.” I remember you from the old site. Regardless of how many posts you’ve had on whichever site I couldn’t give less of a shit about a Sooner.

Cool, glad you know/remember me.  I can assure you nobody on here knows you or gives a fuck one way or the other.  Congrats?

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

there is nothing Texas can do to get in ahead of Michigan, we could win 69-0 and it wouldn't get any farther than one of the TV sports people saying "I GOT A CRAZY IDEA WHAT ABOUT TEXAS IN THE PLAYOFF" and the other guy yelling "QUITE FRANKLY THAT IS ABSURD THIS IS A TEAM THAT LOST TO MARY LAND" and the first guy saying "YEAH BUT MARY LAND ALMOST BEAT OHIO STATE" and the other guy yelling "THAT IS A TEAM THAT LOST TO PURDUE" and what the fuck where we talking about again?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Zavala said:

Other teams "barely lost" huh, did you watch those Texas games?

giphy.gif

Taking a step back UW would have similar odds to UT- both would be watching Michigan or possibly a two loss UGA slip in ahead of them with fewer losses.

i do want to see Ut wreck whoever they play in the Sugar Bowl.

Edited by S11
  • Like 1

I was a regular poster on the Shag, but I've only been lurking ever since the domain change. I had an epiphany about our bowl scenario yesterday that was too good not to break my Surly silence...

First, we mudhole the gooners this Saturday 45-35.

Next, we play Georgia in the Sugar Bowl and win a close one. 

Next, Sam is asked in the post game interview: "You know the National Championship game is here next year, would you like to come back to New Orleans?". To which he promptly responds "Yes sir, we'll be baaaaack!!". 

Profit. 

• Like 6

13 hours ago, gmr548 said:

This. There will be some media calls for Michigan as well.

Michigan has no business in the discussion after what an overrated Buckeye team did to them in Columbus.   

I hope Northwestern is able to play ball on Saturday and upset Ohio State.  The shit storm in the media about not getting a Big 10 team in the dance will be fun to watch!  

1 minute ago, Valmy77 said:

Yeah...no...Ohio State is going to destroy them. They will roll over like chumps.

Odds are you are correct about a Ohio State victory..  But if you look at Northwestern's results, they didn't roll over in their loses to Norte Dame and Michigan......   Or any of their other loses.

On the other hand, Ohio State rolled over for Purdue and nearly was upset by Maryland.   Other than dominating Michigan which was probably aided by the rivalry dynamic, they really haven't  "rolled" anyone  from  the Power 5's  other than Oregon State and Rutgers who both sucked big time this year and Tulane who they should of beat in such fashion in a cupcake game.   

Don't be surprised if Northwestern causes chaos next weekend! 

14 hours ago, S11 said:

Sugar Bowl goes with whoever is next in BIG 12 standings.

so should UT lose to OU it would be whoever is second in the standings between 7-3 Texas and 6-3 WVU.  Extra game probably trumps WV having the head to head tiebreaker.  IMO it likely means UT if OU makes it into the playoff.

https://www.dish.com/dig/sports/explaining-the-sugar-bowl-selection-process/

That's an old article I think, from before the Big 12 conference championship game was born.

Now it's the next highest-ranked team in the conference as per the CFP rankings. And the CFP rankings don't particularly like us as much as the AP/Coaches, so I wouldn't get my hopes up of making it to the Sugar over WVU if we lose and blOU makes the playoffs.

We have to win next week. Period.

14 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

I just want to add a data point to my dissertation as to why Super Conferences are garbage and terrible and why a 10 team Big 12 must be preserved: This is the third fucking time Northwestern has played Ohio State in a decade. The third fucking time these two schools, from the same fucking conference, are playing since 2008. What a joke. What a bunch of fucking bullshit. I have no idea why so many on this site want us to join one of those horrible things. 

I mean going into this game Texas has played Wyoming more than Ohio State has played Northwestern since 2008.

Edited by Valmy77

Michigan has no business in the discussion after what an overrated Buckeye team did to them in Columbus.   
I hope Northwestern is able to play ball on Saturday and upset Ohio State.  The shit storm in the media about not getting a Big 10 team in the dance will be fun to watch!  

I don't disagree, but they would be in that discussion. Would and should are two different things. Do think it would probably just go back to UGA at the end of the day, hadn't really considered that before. Fortunately this is all hypothetical and extremely unlikely.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, satyanash said:

That's an old article I think, from before the Big 12 conference championship game was born.

Now it's the next highest-ranked team in the conference as per the CFP rankings. And the CFP rankings don't particularly like us as much as the AP/Coaches, so I wouldn't get my hopes up of making it to the Sugar over WVU if we lose and blOU makes the playoffs.

We have to win next week. Period.

Got a link to where they updated it?  I don’t give any of the P5 leagues any credit for being proactive on things like this.

I would say Northwestern's not going to beat Ohio State and all the panty-wringing is a waste of time, but then I thought Michigan would shitstomp Ohio State and it turns out I was fooled again by their (UM's) defense shutting down all the garbage offenses they played.

I do think Ohio State will beat Northwestern, but it won't matter what the score is. If OU beats us, they're going to the playoff. If we beat OU and Ohio State wins, Ohio State goes. If we and Northwestern wins, it will be Georgia if it loses by less than ten points, UCF if Alabama blows Georgia out. And finally, if Georgia wins, both OU and Ohio State get left out in favor of Alabama. In that scenario, the committee will match Notre Dame and Alabama in the first round.

There is no other possible playoff configuration beyond those. Michigan, Texas, Washington, Florida, and LSU are out. 

I don’t give Northwestern much of a shot.   The teams that give Ohio State trouble are wide open spread offenses and Northwestern might occasionally be spread out but they are VERY conservative with their routes and schemes.   One of the least explosive offenses in the country.

I’d love to be wrong on this though

33 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

I would say Northwestern's not going to beat Ohio State and all the panty-wringing is a waste of time, but then I thought Michigan would shitstomp Ohio State and it turns out I was fooled again by their (UM's) defense shutting down all the garbage offenses they played.

I do think Ohio State will beat Northwestern, but it won't matter what the score is. If OU beats us, they're going to the playoff. If we beat OU and Ohio State wins, Ohio State goes. If we and Northwestern wins, it will be Georgia if it loses by less than ten points, UCF if Alabama blows Georgia out. And finally, if Georgia wins, both OU and Ohio State get left out in favor of Alabama. In that scenario, the committee will match Notre Dame and Alabama in the first round.

There is no other possible playoff configuration beyond those. Michigan, Texas, Washington, Florida, and LSU are out. 

Spot on. Unless Georgia dominates Alabama. Don't underestimate the Ohio State love in the media.

Edited by Cheeseweasel
I might be retarded

19 minutes ago, S11 said:

I don’t give Northwestern much of a shot.   The teams that give Ohio State trouble are wide open spread offenses and Northwestern might occasionally be spread out but they are VERY conservative with their routes and schemes.   One of the least explosive offenses in the country.

I’d love to be wrong on this though

If Ohio State is motivated and they're playing a team that doesn't have the athletes or offensive scheme to make their semi-retarded defense pay for its semi-retarded schemes, well, they beat you 62-39.

Given OSU is at least nominally playing for a playoff spot, OSU's level of motivation probably doesn't bode well for Northwestern, but who knows? it's entirely possible OSU's 19 future NFL draft picks will look at Northwestern and not take them seriously 

It would be a great story though if NU were to pull off that upset.

Edited by SwanderedTalent

1 minute ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Spot on. Unless Georgia dominates Alabama. Don't underestimate the OU love in the media.

Where are you hearing this OU love. All I heard yesterday was how bad their defense was and that Ohio State deserves to go if they both win.

I thought no way they would leapfrog OU, but I'm pretty sure now that they will.

But it don't make a shit cuz we're gonna win.

Edited by David Dennison

57 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Odds are you are correct about a Ohio State victory..  But if you look at Northwestern's results, they didn't roll over in their loses to Norte Dame and Michigan......   Or any of their other loses.

On the other hand, Ohio State rolled over for Purdue and nearly was upset by Maryland.   Other than dominating Michigan which was probably aided by the rivalry dynamic, they really haven't  "rolled" anyone  from  the Power 5's  other than Oregon State and Rutgers who both sucked big time this year and Tulane who they should of beat in such fashion in a cupcake game.   

In true Big 10 fashion, NW is going to roll over dead for the good of the cause.  I'm sure Delaney is paying off Fitzgerald as we speak.

5 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Where are you hearing this OU love. All I heard yesterday was how bad their defense was and that Ohio State deserves to go if they both win.

I thought no way they would leapfrog OU, but I'm pretty sure now that they will.

Absolutely disagree, what is the one tangible black mark* against OU this year? their one loss, to us. Now they get a chance to erase that in a rematch-- if OU beats us, OU proponents can claim the result in the Cotton Bowl was just a fluke and that the B12CG is the real measure of that team. This is exactly why the Big 12 has its stupid conference title game. 

What can Ohio State really accomplish by blowing out Northwestern? That just basically confirms what we already think about both teams. Whereas OU has a chance to really change their playoff resume. 

* meaning, their defense is comically inept but they still won all those other games where they gave up a shit ton of points

Edited by SwanderedTalent

4 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

It won't be a popular opinion here, but it's absolutely infuriating to me to hear the argument for OSU over OU.  ESPN is so blatantly pushing that agenda, and I don't think the committee is smart enough to think for themselves.

Really, I just want an Alamo bowl and think that OU in the playoffs is our best chance at that.  But then again, if you guys win they might put you both in the NY6 and we get that bid anyways.

Just now, SwanderedTalent said:

Absolutely disagree, what is the one tangible black mark against OU this year? their one loss, to us. Now they get a chance to erase that in a rematch-- if OU beats us, OU proponents can claim the result in the Cotton Bowl was just a fluke and that the B12CG is the real measure of that team. This is exactly why the Big 12 has its stupid conference title game. 

What can Ohio State really accomplish by blowing out Northwestern? That just basically confirms what we already think about both teams. Whereas OU has a chance to really change their playoff resume. 

It doesn't matter what the facts are.  The more time goes on, the more convinced I am that this committee is just going to do anything they possibly can to put tOSU in.  It's pretty disgusting.

1 minute ago, SwanderedTalent said:

It will be interesting to see where Ohio State /OU is ranked in the polls. AP has OU ahead of OSU. 

In what world would an OSU win against Northwestern vault them over an OU win over Texas?

2 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

In true Big 10 fashion, NW is going to roll over dead for the good of the cause.  I'm sure Delaney is paying off Fitzgerald as we speak.

If NW has any momentum in the 1st quarter, I guarantee Urban will start convulsing on the sideline by the end of the 2nd quarter. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Al_4_ISU said:

It doesn't matter what the facts are.  The more time goes on, the more convinced I am that this committee is just going to do anything they possibly can to put tOSU in.  It's pretty disgusting.

Yeah, the only support I heard for OU yesterday on the radio came from sooners. The media is almost uniformly in the Ohio State camp because of sooner's awful defense.

1 minute ago, Cheeseweasel said:

It will be interesting to see where Ohio State /OU is ranked in the polls. AP has OU ahead of OSU. 

In what world would an OSU win against Northwestern vault them over an OU win over Texas?

The world we live in.  It's a world where the CFP Committee has an obvious boner for Ohio State and will elevate them at any possible juncture.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

I just want to add a data point to my dissertation as to why Super Conferences are garbage and terrible and why a 10 team Big 12 must be preserved: This is the third fucking time Northwestern has played Ohio State in a decade. The third fucking time these two schools, from the same fucking conference, are playing since 2008. What a joke. What a bunch of fucking bullshit. I have no idea why so many on this site want us to join one of those horrible things. 

I mean going into this game Texas has played Wyoming more than Ohio State has played Northwestern since 2008.

Same shit as the SEC! SEC! SEC!.   Look how many times Bama will play UGA in conference in the next seven years.    Hint... We will play Bama more than UGA will.   Which is the same amount of times the sheep lovers will play them too.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/sec-releases-future-schedule-rotations-until-2025/

Say what you will about the old Big 12, but at least the conference was more proactive with rotating the crossover games. 

• Like 2

Just now, David Dennison said:

Yeah, the only support I heard for OU yesterday on the radio came from sooners. The media is almost uniformly in the Ohio State camp because of sooner's awful defense.

OU's defense definitely sucks, but it blows my mind how they skim right past Ohio State giving up 50 to Maryland last week.

• Like 2