Updated Bowl Projections per ESPN

Mdhorn

3 hours ago, satyanash said:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/college-football-bowl-projections-ohio-state-oklahoma-debate-begins-for-the-college-football-playoff/

The justifications for Ohio State over Oklahoma are already starting. "They look like the more complete team"

How quickly everyone forgets the Maryland game

23 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

We’re going to beat OU and get screwed out of the Sugar Bowl and end up playing aggy in the joe’s feed and supply bowl.

Shut your whore mouth.  Orlando is going to find a way to get get pressure on munchkin, we get 3 picks, and win by one point before going to NO and finishing in the top 5. 

42 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

We’re going to beat OU and get screwed out of the Sugar Bowl and end up playing aggy in the joe’s feed and supply bowl.

We're gonna be ranked like 6 or 7 if/when we beat OU

Frustrating to miss the playoff by 4 points. Especially when a shitty call on that fake punt by Okie Light gave them 7 points (i.e. the margin of victory) and a bad call (we had the 1st down on the play before Sam's helmet came off) and a fluke play (Sam's helmet coming off) cost us 7 against WVU.

Oh well. It's been a good season and I have a lot of hope for the program's future.

• Like 2

When they next highest ranked big 12 team goes to sugar bowl, is that AP rank or CFP ranks.  Because it’ll be dammed close between a 9-4 Texas and 8-3 WVU.   That missed game with NCSU would hurt but so would our head to head loss.  

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

When they next highest ranked big 12 team goes to sugar bowl, is that AP rank or CFP ranks.  Because it’ll be dammed close between a 9-4 Texas and 8-3 WVU.   That missed game with NCSU would hurt but so would our head to head loss.  

I would think it is the CFP rankings given the affiliation between the NY6 bowls and the playoff. The committee selects the at large teams based off those rankings so I would imagine the same system would be used to fill a tie-in slot if need be.

Just now, TKthunder2 said:

Maybe if we lose, from the tweet it says if West Virginia is ranked higher then they’d go.  We’d have 4 losses to their 3 so it’s a possibility.

They currently are ranked one spot ahead of us.  So I could see this happening if we lose.  But I'm thinking and hoping we win and send OU somewhere unpleasant.

Sugar Bowl goes with whoever is next in BIG 12 standings.

so should UT lose to OU it would be whoever is second in the standings between 7-3 Texas and 6-3 WVU.  Extra game probably trumps WV having the head to head tiebreaker.  IMO it likely means UT if OU makes it into the playoff.

https://www.dish.com/dig/sports/explaining-the-sugar-bowl-selection-process/

Edited by S11

Honestly aggy winning kinda hurts us. If that doesn’t happen and we beat OU, then we play LSU and we can beat them easily if we come to play. But now if we win it’ll be Georgia and they have really good run game which will be hard for us to stop. 

Honestly aggy winning kinda hurts us. If that doesn’t happen and we beat OU, then we play LSU and we can beat them easily if we come to play. But now if we win it’ll be Georgia and they have really good run game which will be hard for us to stop. 
I expect some collusion with the SEC. Have Georgia beat Bama and get both of them in there.

Fuck it though. Bring on Georgia if that's the case. Didn't LSU beat them down pretty good?

1 minute ago, Vic Mackey said:

I expect some collusion with the SEC. Have Georgia beat Bama and get both of them in there.

Fuck it though. Bring on Georgia if that's the case. Didn't LSU beat them down pretty good?

I’m not scared of Georgia or any sec team except for bama, especially with how good our defense is against their types of offense. 

I believe LSU won by like 2 td’s but idk. Besides Alabama, the rest of the sec was a damn roller coaster. One week LSU loses to Florida the next they beat Georgia. 

I’m not scared of Georgia or any sec team except for bama, especially with how good our defense is against their types of offense. 
I believe LSU won by like 2 td’s but idk. Besides Alabama, the rest of the sec was a damn roller coaster. One week LSU loses to Florida the next they beat Georgia. 

I want Georgia and I think we fuck them up (and by that I mean we enter the 4th quarter with a 17 pt and win on a last play FG).
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, NowThis said:

what is the picking order for Pac 12?  Rose probably UW.  Utah#2 but WSU has a better record, so which goes to Holiday?  I'm thinking Stanford 8-4 if beat Cal goes Alamo. 

Wazzu has a good shot at the Fiesta.  Don’t be shocked if all those PAC teams shift up a bowl as Wazzu gets a bid to NY6.

2 minutes ago, TheFlagship said:

What happens in this scenario:

1) Georgia loses badly (45-20)

2) Ohio State loses to NW 

3) We beat OU convincingly (56-28)

#4,5,6 all lose (and badly). We are #9. You can tell what I’m getting at, is there a chance?

In that case the best bet is either Washington or an unbeaten UCF sliding into the 4th slot.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, S11 said:

Wazzu has a good shot at the Fiesta.  Don’t be shocked if all those PAC teams shift up a bowl as Wazzu gets a bid to NY6.

This happened last year, of course, with UW going to the Fiesta.

Moving everyone up a place did not end well for the conference.

(That said, I definitely could see WSU going to the Fiesta and the UW-Utah loser going to the Alamo.)

17 minutes ago, DoneWithit said:

Seems like Orlando does well against pro style offenses that don't run the air raid ( USC, Iowa State, TCU ).  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, S11 said:

In that case the best bet is either Washington or an unbeaten UCF sliding into the 4th slot.

UCF wouldn’t get picked with their injured QB. Hell they may lose the AAC championship without him. 

In all honestly, if this scenario were to happen, they’d likely just throw UGA back in  

3 minutes ago, S11 said:

Nope. It would be UGA. 

Michigan and UWash ain't hopping a 10-3 B12 Champion Texas. C'mon now.

Only way would be for Georgia to get absolutely humiliated. Like 56-7 type shit on.

And - to be fair - Georgia would probably deservedly get in. Michigan and Washington ain't doing shit in the playoff. And Texas, while we would probably have the best chance at an upset of one of the big dogs, has 3 losses any way you slice it.

Losing to this Bama team just isn't going to hurt anyone's ranking that much. Especially since the Dawgs won their division.

1 minute ago, Sgt Hulk said:

What would it take to get to fiesta bowl?

I don't see it personally. If we win the B12, it is the Sugar as the conference rep. If we lose, we may still go to the Sugar to fill in for a playoff bound OU, but if Ohio State were to jump OU in the rankings (I think they will) and OU takes the Sugar Bowl slot, I don't see a 9-4 Texas getting picked as an at large team.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Nope. It would be UGA. 

Michigan and UWash ain't hopping a 10-3 B12 Champion Texas. C'mon now.

Only way would be for Georgia to get absolutely humiliated. Like 56-7 type shit on.

3 loss UW who barely lost to Auburn, Cal, and Oregon would have a better shot than 3 loss UT who lost to OkSt, WVU, and Maryland.

michigan barely lost to ND and had a bad loss to tOSU.

UTs odds wouldn’t be that great

• Fuck You 4

2 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Seems like Orlando does well against pro style offenses that don't run the air raid ( USC, Iowa State, TCU ).  

It makes sense. Air raid offense with speed going against ang type of defense is hard. But when you go against a pro style, doesn’t matter if they have a lot of size, it will be a lot easier to handle. Ppl think 6 db’s is to much but we have players with speed and that will knock the shit out if you, I.e Gary Johnson foster and Brandon Jones. 

Herman is doing a great job recruiting players like Owens, Adimora, and Floyd. Speed and sizewith great tackling abilities. 

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

Yes. We know. The people trying to make a theoretical case for you are braindead.

Always liked UWash. Wish you fucks gave me some scholarship money though.

That's okay. They didn't give me any either. 

And I'm still giving them money every football season.

35 minutes ago, NowThis said:

what is the picking order for Pac 12?  Rose probably UW.  Utah#2 but WSU has a better record, so which goes to Holiday?  I'm thinking Stanford 8-4 if beat Cal goes Alamo. 

It’s not hard to look it up.  Their champ (UW or Utah) goes to the Rose and most likely WSU goes (with only 2 losses) to a NY6 as an at large (Fiesta or Peach) which would put the loser of their title game in the Alamo (which is their #1 non NY6 bowl just like the Big12).

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

Hell yeah bring Georgia. Even Franks looked good against their defense. All these SEC defenses are built to stop the pro style run, not the spread power & pass.