Updated Bowl Projections per ESPN

Mdhorn

2 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Herbstreit and Fowler were just on pushing Georgia in the top 4. Along with ND, and of course Bama and Clemson.

And fucking Herbstreit could barely contain himself at trying to force Ohio State into the top four. With their statement win. I really dislike that guy.

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

No way Ohio State goes over OU if both win.

I am going to disagree with you there. Ohio State will jump them because they were just so darn impressive in their dominance of MIchigan and Northwestern. They blew the Committee's minds. 'Woah' the Committee will say.

• Like 2

Just now, Valmy77 said:

I am going to disagree with you there. Ohio State will jump them because they were just so darn impressive in their dominance of MIchigan and Northwestern. They blew the Committee's minds. 'Woah' the Committee will say.

If that happens I will laugh heartily.

We need 8 teams fast because this is a joke.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Their game today had me wondering about michigan’s schedule.  I think they’ve basically played 3 good teams now and lost to two badly and beat psu badly. 

11 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

This and B1G got left out last year, so 1 Loss CCG winner will be first up amongst 1 loss teams.  

12 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

If the committee is going to jump osu to 4, I hope they do it this Tuesday. It will be tougher to justify next week, and I’d like ou to know they aren’t playing for the playoffs unless there is an upset in a later game. 

I want them to do it just to piss OU off and have the Okies all screaming bloody murder about that and their press badgering Riley about it. They just need to realize losing to us already cost them everything and their little black hearts will already be searing with hate and rage. And then when Texas comes and beats them again it will break their spirit. FUCK YEAH.

Edited by Valmy77
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

If the committee is going to jump osu to 4, I hope they do it this Tuesday. It will be tougher to justify next week, and I’d like ou to know they aren’t playing for the playoffs unless there is an upset in a later game. 

The committee said multiple times they try to avoid a recency bias.  We’ll see.  OU should focus on beating Texas and winning their millionth conference title.

Getting the chance to see how much they lose to Bama by shouldn’t be in their heads.  Nobody has been within 3 TD’s of Bama.  Crown their ass. 

2 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

The committee said multiple times they try to avoid a recency bias.  We’ll see.  OU should focus on beating Texas and winning their millionth conference title.

Getting the chance to see how much they lose to Bama by shouldn’t be in their heads.  Nobody has been within 3 TD’s of Bama.  Crown their ass. 

The committee lies. They do whatever feels like a good idea at the time. And putting Ohio State and Alabama in the playoff is always what feels like a good idea to them.

As for your level headed and wise words to the OU team, well I am glad you are far away in Chicago and your voice of reason will hopefully not be heard in Norman.

48 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

No way Ohio State goes over OU if both win.

I’ll take that bet. Not sure how we can arrange it. But with Fowler and Herbstriet already talking about that very scenario while still doing the SC/ND game suggests that it is the match up that ESPN would prefer. 

14 minutes ago, DejaVu said:

The committee is full of shit. 

11 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

The committee lies. They do whatever feels like a good idea at the time. And putting Ohio State and Alabama in the playoff is always what feels like a good idea to them.

As for your level headed and wise words to the OU team, well I am glad you are far away in Chicago and your voice of reason will hopefully not be heard in Norman.

I agree.  I threw in the ‘we’ll see’ because I do think they pick who they want then justify later.  Isn’t the ohio st AD on the committee too?  I know he leaves the room when they discuss tOSU but give me a break.  

Either way, if OU is left out I see no reason to cry over it.  Get a fucking defense. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hamttx said:

I’ll take that bet. Not sure how we can arrange it. But with Fowler and Herbstriet already talking about that very scenario while still doing the SC/ND game suggests that it is the match up that ESPN would prefer. 

ESPN's playoff predictor had Ohio St at (I think) 60% to OU's 39% very shortly aftwr the Michigan game had ended.  They know who they want.

6 hours ago, Hamttx said:

Shouldn’t happen but might.

national champs don’t get blown out by 6 loss Purdue

5 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

ESPN's playoff predictor had Ohio St at (I think) 60% to OU's 39% very shortly aftwr the Michigan game had ended.  They know who they want.

That’s partly a function of their opponents next weekend.  OU has a better chance of losing than Ohio State does.

This is also why the predictor shows Clemson with a higher chance of winning the title than Alabama.

Bitch ass Herbie knows that Bama will prison rape tOSU and rather see OU thrown in with the wolves. OU may be a better matchup too. Too bad it won’t happen because they’ll have 2 losses.

4 minutes ago, Laga4 said:

Agree,  tOSU goes over OU if both win.  

However,  I kinda like the way the media has given us no chance of winning.  

Every top 4 I've seen has ou either in fourth or fifth with the assumption that they win.  Fascinating, considering the outcome of our last game. 

We'll see soon enough if they're right or not. Love getting the chance to prove it on the field, and love that our guys will have so much motivation going into this game. 

Edited by Bill Lumbergh

31 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

If OU somehow manages to win, i hope osu wins and they squeeze ou out of the playoff

the sooner bitching would be awesome to watch

We will know the “committee’s” intentions on Tuesday days before Texas OU. If they jump OSU ahead of OU, a team they have trailed all year in the rankings. A team that has a common opponent, which ironically OU held to a lower offensive total then OSU was able to do. Then OU should know it really doesn’t matter if they beat Texas or not when it applies to advancing to the playoffs. 

And I believe El Squared is correct. They want a Bama, Georgia, Clemson and ND playoff. The rest is just window dressing.

8 hours ago, David Dennison said:

If that happens I will laugh heartily.

We need 8 teams fast because this is a joke.

Completely in favor of expanding to 6 or 8 teams. However, this is one year where i don't care that there is a 4 team playoff. It really doesn't matter whether OU or OSU gets in. Bama is that much better than everyone else and will blow the doors off of whoever they play.

Edited by Pam Cummings

34 minutes ago, Hamttx said:

We will know the “committee’s” intentions on Tuesday days before Texas OU. If they jump OSU ahead of OU, a team they have trailed all year in the rankings. A team that has a common opponent, which ironically OU held to a lower offensive total then OSU was able to do. Then OU should know it really doesn’t matter if they beat Texas or not when it applies to advancing to the playoffs. 

And I believe El Squared is correct. They want a Bama, Georgia, Clemson and ND playoff. The rest is just window dressing.

Only way that is happening is if Georgia beats Bama. Strikes me as unlikely...

8 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Completely in favor of expanding to 6 or 8 teams. However, this is one year where i don't care that there is a 4 team playoff. It really doesn't matter whether OU or OSU gets in. Bama is that much better than everyone else and will blow the doors off of whoever they play.

Bullshit, no one is arguing how good Bama is. The argument rests with the opportunity to compete. Not to mention that upsets occur almost every week. And they won’t expand because of the power of the Bowl committee’s influences. This system allows certain teams to lose and still get a shot. We as a group would be lived if it was us ranked at 5 and subsequently got left out should Alabama get in after losing the SECCG.

Remove the bowls from the equation and a 16 team playoff is easily done. The model already exists. No one will give a shit (nor should they) about the 17th team that got left out. It is leaving out the 5th team that is a major fucking problem.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, UT_EX_82 said:

When we beat their sooner asses on Saturday at Jerry’s World would they still go to a better bowl game even though we beat them twice head to head?  Although we should be ranked higher perhaps the highest ranked 3 loss team?

Depends on whether you consider Fiesta better than Sugar.

1 minute ago, satyanash said:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/college-football-bowl-projections-ohio-state-oklahoma-debate-begins-for-the-college-football-playoff/

The justifications for Ohio State over Oklahoma are already starting. "They look like the more complete team"

Their defense is just as bad as Oklahoma's but their offense is about half as good.  OU would beat Ohio State by 20+ points.

8 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Depends on whether you consider Fiesta better than Sugar.

Which bowl is 'better' depends on the teams playing in it nowadays. The Sugar matches the Big 12 champion against the SEC champion, the Fiesta matches two at-large teams and has no conference tie-ins. As such the Sugar will generally be more prestigious unless a 4-loss team wins the Big 12 or something.

They also lost to a mediocre team by more than just double digits.

I hire OU. They suck and I’m expecting them to get their ass beat on Saturday.

BUT, if they avenge their only loss this season, a 3 point loss on a neutral field, and end up with just that 1 loss. They would easily get in over Michigan based on resumes alone imo.

3 minutes ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

The only way Georgia is considered if they lose to Alabama is if both OU and Ohio state lose this weekend. No possible way a 2 loss Ga team goes ahead of two 1-loss conference champs

In that case, I fervently hope Georgia loses to Alabama and makes the playoffs.

24 minutes ago, Hamttx said:

Bullshit, no one is arguing how good Bama is. The argument rests with the opportunity to compete. Not to mention that upsets occur almost every week. And they won’t expand because of the power of the Bowl committee’s influences. This system allows certain teams to lose and still get a shot. We as a group would be lived if it was us ranked at 5 and subsequently got left out should Alabama get in after losing the SECCG.

Remove the bowls from the equation and a 16 team playoff is easily done. The model already exists. No one will give a shit (nor should they) about the 17th team that got left out. It is leaving out the 5th team that is a major fucking problem.

Bama will beat Georgia by at least 17. 

Texas will beat OU because defense.

Ohio St will handle theirs and get in.

Doesn't matter, Bama will steamroll.

Edited by Pam Cummings