10.8.18 Coach Herman press conference (Noon)

bigup2dahorns

37 minutes ago, bigup2dahorns said:

We changed the coaching of our WRs to throw their arms up no matter what when the ball arrives to highlight DB holding and PI. Herman mentioned this in the past few weeks how our DBs were getting flagged and they would be investigating the reasoning. They watched film and consulted with officials and used the info to coach up our WRs and you noticed how all of the sudden CJ got a few calls our way against Ou.

Mensa.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

It does appear that rhule can coach. How long does he stay at Baylor?

Rhule may be the type coach like "Purple Wizard" that stays a long time at a program like Baylor.....

http://www.statecollege.com/news/columns/rhules-for-success-former-little-lions-rebuilding-baylor-football,1477777/

Excerpt of article below:

"Given his success at a non-power like Temple, Rhule could surely pick a coaching plum for his next job. But on December 7, 2016, he stunned the world of college football when he was introduced as the new head man at Baylor University.  Yes, Baylor....

So why did this former Little Lion and Nittany Lion accept a job with a program that was in shambles? Here’s a portion of the comments offered by Rhule at his introductory press conference. “People are saying to me, ‘Hey, Matt, why Baylor?’ We sat there, my wife and I in a restaurant in New York City, one phone in one hand, one phone in the other. We said, ‘Where do we go, what do we do, where are we being called? Where does God want us to be?’ 

“And we looked at each other over a plate of ponzu shrimp and figured out right then in our hearts we were called to come to Baylor…

EXAMPLE FROM NEW YORK CITY

At that point in the press conference, Rhule began talking about his parents — Denny and Gloria — who moved their little family to New York City in 1980 so Denny could share the love of God with those who battled financial and/or spiritual poverty.

“I remember sleeping in a two-bedroom apartment in New York City,” Matt told the assembled sports journalists. “Not the glamorous, not the high-rise where the person comes to the door and says, ‘Come on in.’ I’m talking about the place where you buzz yourself in… But see, my dad was a football coach, and he was a minister… And he showed me at an early age that we serve God in whatever way we’re called to do it, and it doesn’t matter where you go.”

Indeed, the Rhules of both generations play by a special set of rules. To them, it’s not about fame and fortune, but it’s about family and faith. "

Rhule may be the type coach like "Purple Wizard" that stays a long time at a program like Baylor.....
http://www.statecollege.com/news/columns/rhules-for-success-former-little-lions-rebuilding-baylor-football,1477777/
Excerpt of article below:
"Given his success at a non-power like Temple, Rhule could surely pick a coaching plum for his next job. But on December 7, 2016, he stunned the world of college football when he was introduced as the new head man at Baylor University.  Yes, Baylor....
So why did this former Little Lion and Nittany Lion accept a job with a program that was in shambles? Here’s a portion of the comments offered by Rhule at his introductory press conference. “People are saying to me, ‘Hey, Matt, why Baylor?’ We sat there, my wife and I in a restaurant in New York City, one phone in one hand, one phone in the other. We said, ‘Where do we go, what do we do, where are we being called? Where does God want us to be?’ 
“And we looked at each other over a plate of ponzu shrimp and figured out right then in our hearts we were called to come to Baylor…
EXAMPLE FROM NEW YORK CITY
At that point in the press conference, Rhule began talking about his parents — Denny and Gloria — who moved their little family to New York City in 1980 so Denny could share the love of God with those who battled financial and/or spiritual poverty.
“I remember sleeping in a two-bedroom apartment in New York City,” Matt told the assembled sports journalists. “Not the glamorous, not the high-rise where the person comes to the door and says, ‘Come on in.’ I’m talking about the place where you buzz yourself in… But see, my dad was a football coach, and he was a minister… And he showed me at an early age that we serve God in whatever way we’re called to do it, and it doesn’t matter where you go.”
Indeed, the Rhules of both generations play by a special set of rules. To them, it’s not about fame and fortune, but it’s about family and faith. "

Rutgers better money whip him, lol.

2 hours ago, UTEX_ME said:

I don't see him winning anything significant. Now that aggy has Jimbo, we have Herman, and OU will always steal Texas talent, I just don't see them getting that great of players in the coming years. Also with NCAA sanctions also possibly looming (yeah right), I don't see them catching up anytime soon. Baylor's turning diamond in the rough types into stars seems to only have worked with Briles. That and rape. 

Rhule I think has football coaching IQ of Patterson level... plus given all the Baylor issues he still pulled in the 29th ranked class last year with 6 four stars.  That shows he can recruit as well.

8 minutes ago, cochamps said:

Stupid plan during football season bub.  Jmo.

If I'm not going to the game in Dallas, ACL becomes a great venue for watching the OU game.  Big screen, good beer, send my family off to see whatever dumbshit minor pop star is playing that early, win win.

2 hours ago, Brock Sampson said:

wtf is "ponzu shrimp"?

Ponzu Shrimp (serves 2, portions can be doubled)

3 tablespoons soy sauce
3 tablespoons mirin (sweet Japanese rice wine), or 3 tablespoons dry Sherry mixed with 1 tablespoon sugar
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon chopped peeled fresh ginger
1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
10 uncooked extra-large shrimp (about 10 ounces), peeled, deveined
2 cups thinly sliced bok choy or Napa cabbage

Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Whisk soy sauce, mirin, lemon juice, oil, ginger and lemon peel in shallow bowl to blend. Add shrimp and stir to coat; let marinate 10 minutes. Drain marinade into small saucepan and boil 1 minute. Grill shrimp until just opaque in center, turning occasionally, about 3 minutes. Divide bok choy between 2 plates and drizzle with some of warm marinade. Top with shrimp. Serve, passing remaining marinade as sauce, if desired.

6 minutes ago, sushihorn said:

Watched this week's Rewind on LHN.  Herman pointed out that we out-possessed KSU last week and outscored OU this week.  Really awesome that Texas was able to win the games against different opponents in such different fashion.

That is pretty good.  Beat them at their own game. 

9 hours ago, Mileslong said:

It’s amazing I don’t see any Mensa put downs, no “Herman’s an arrogant prick” and no “he’s an overrated mid major coach” comments this week...

as long as he keeps winning every week, he can slam a whole desani, tell everyone to go fuck a football and walk away from the podium-- and I will applaud it as a well thought out, highly motivational presser.  

We all really want a coach who wins like Saban and is cunty like the pirate, only that would make us truly content. 

Edited by Treefidy

12 hours ago, mdmost said:

Bevo Boulevard getting some good acts.

12 hours ago, mdmost said:

Bevo Boulevard getting some good acts.

So many great songs the Old 97s have recorded.... to me The “Too Far to Care “ and “Fight Songs” albums are among the best...