10.8.18 Coach Herman press conference (Noon)

bigup2dahorns

Not watching cuz at works.

Curious if someone talks about / mentions officiated. 

I think for the first time in god knows how long, we had a well officiated game in teh Big12. Still too much pass interferance and holding not called on OU, but this was as even of handed a game from an officiating standpt that I can remember.

• Like 2

I think for the first time in god knows how long, we had a well officiated game in teh Big12. Still too much pass interferance and holding not called on OU, but this was as even of handed a game from an officiating standpt that I can remember.

No mentions yet on the officiating

1 minute ago, Dnaguy said:

Yeah first ou game in a while where I felt they had holding and dpi called against them when it actually hurt them. 

Just now, Pato del Muerto said:

It does appear that rhule can coach. How long does he stay at Baylor?

I don't see him winning anything significant. Now that aggy has Jimbo, we have Herman, and OU will always steal Texas talent, I just don't see them getting that great of players in the coming years. Also with NCAA sanctions also possibly looming (yeah right), I don't see them catching up anytime soon. Baylor's turning diamond in the rough types into stars seems to only have worked with Briles. That and rape. 

9 minutes ago, Dnaguy said:

Funny how when you win the officiating always seems to be better.

4 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I feel like it would need to be a pretty big job. He has a seven year deal and a ton of job security. If he gets them bowl eligible this year that is ahead of schedule, and doing so with any kind of consistency will keep most of the heat off. I don't think you hop to another lower tier or even a mid-level P5 with that. It needs to be a program that can consistently contend in a P5 or an NFL job.

8 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

until the next P5 offer comes along. He will do the leg work to get Baylor pointed in the right direction, and then someone else will give him an opportunity. Baylor is Baylor, and unless the coach wants to recruit thugs and gangstas, and turn the blind eye to women beaters and rapist, they will always be just another team in the Big XII. I am curious how long it takes for the boosters and administration to decide that they want to win at all cost again.

3 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Doesn't he have a 7 year, all guarenteed contract?

This is year 2.....

Scholly reductions and  multiple no-bowl years announced later this year / early next.

Reductions will be over at least 2 years, maybe 3. Bowl ban for 2 years (which will include this year most likely).

By year 4 he can make a bowl. 

Now he's at year 4/5 and they can make a bowl and can recruit at full strength.

So if he makes a bowl after year 4, he gets to end of his 7 year contract.

If no bowls and year 5 and 6 suck even with full schollies, he's out after 6 and they eat the final year.

10 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Yeah first ou game in a while where I felt they had holding and dpi called against them when it actually hurt them. 

I thought the holding penalty on OU early on which I think nullified a a nice run by Murray and led to punt or int was a little suspect. However, I saw some others that were way worse, had an impact on the play, were on significant downs, and were not called.

The PI call on CJs man was a good call but I have seen that not get called.

We changed the coaching of our WRs to throw their arms up no matter what when the ball arrives to highlight DB holding and PI. Herman mentioned this in the past few weeks how our DBs were getting flagged and they would be investigating the reasoning. They watched film and consulted with officials and used the info to coach up our WRs and you noticed how all of the sudden CJ got a few calls our way against Ou.
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Steamboat1874 said:

True.

But this was an objectively better called game than the Kstate game, no? We won that game, but I still felt the ref's were dogshit.

Now that we are getting more national hype, expect to see more calls go our way against teams with no chance of going to the Big12 champ game.

This is probably a human nature thing, really (although after so many epic dickings by Big12 crews over our 10 year walk through the desert maybe it's leagure directed)

2 minutes ago, Dnaguy said:

Doesn't he have a 7 year, all guarenteed contract?

This is year 2.....

Scholly reductions and  multiple no-bowl years announced later this year / early next.

Reductions will be over at least 2 years, maybe 3. Bowl ban for 2 years (which will include this year most likely).

By year 4 he can make a bowl. 

Now he's at year 4/5 and they can make a bowl and can recruit at full strength.

So if he makes a bowl after year 4, he gets to end of his 7 year contract.

If no bowls and year 5 and 6 suck even with full schollies, he's out after 6 and they eat the final year.

I mean, he’s got that program headed in the right direction despite all the issues he inherited, and his contract may be long but I don’t recall it being all that lucrative per annum. So how long before another program hires him away for bigger money and real opportunity?  Like usc or UCLA?

25 minutes ago, pearlandhorn said:

I feel like after the Maryland game, Herman is now at the top of the offense.  He is instructing the QBs and teaching them.  To me, the hesitancy with Maryland by Sam could be placed on Tim Beck.

Noticed on BlowU website, that Riley still coaches QB's. 

Might be better coaching structure for Herman to handle QBs.  He just seems happier having more control and his relationships with the QBs have appeared to improve.....

2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I mean, he’s got that program headed in the right direction despite all the issues he inherited, and his contract may be long but I don’t recall it being all that lucrative per annum. So how long before another program hires him away for bigger money and real opportunity?  Like usc or UCLA?

An NFL team can probably get him w/ a money whip AND if the Baylor penatly is severe enough.

Light Baylor penalty w/ no more embarrassing admin stuff would incentivise them to match and up $... and most likely guarentee it too.

For college.... I just don't see a big enough program that'll want Rhule (as good as he is and all) that would cause him to leave.

USC is the closest program with enough prestige that'll likely be looking for a coach soon... but I can't see them hiring him. 

13 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Yeah, I'd say they are at least 50% less rapey.

Noticed on BlowU website, that Riley still coaches QB's. 
Might be better coaching structure for Herman to handle QBs.  He just seems happier having more control and his relationships with the QBs have appeared to improve.....
Riley likes the midget dick.
e3db940c241120dba9997770499356be.jpg

18 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I still think he ends up in Lubbock.