Gameday heading to Washington State

shnsajax

On 10/15/2018 at 12:00 PM, SDG said:

I think it would be really cool if a bunch of flags from other schools showed up.  Several smaller/lesser known schools have tweeted at WSU asking if they can take over the tradition.    And yes the official Ol’ Crimson flag will be there front and center. 

Looks like this is happening. 

8 hours ago, Shmitty said:

This will also likely be the largest gameday crowd ever if the 100k number being floated out there is true.  

I think the 100k number is the expected number of people in town. They won’t all be at gameday.  The record is 18,000 in 2010 at Mizzou.  We’ll eclipse that easily (my guess is 35,000).  

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Parliament said:

This may be getting out of hand.

Good chance.  The funny thing is that this is mostly driven by the early 2000s alum. Several of my friends have dropped everything to head back this weekend.  Fb and Twitter have been glorious. 

Warning: I’m probably going to go TexasWolf on this gameday thread tomorrow morning...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, hpslugga said:

When was this? 

He’s had good backs that got a lot of touches. Johnie Mack was pretty explosive.  Taurean Hendrson lead the big XII in AP yards for a season. Shannon Woods was adequate. He’s had a couple of decent RBs at Wazzu.

To your point, it was never ‘ground and pound,’ even if guys like Henderson and Woods were very productive.

1 hour ago, slorch said:

He’s had good backs that got a lot of touches. Johnie Mack was pretty explosive.  Taurean Hendrson lead the big XII in AP yards for a season. Shannon Woods was adequate. He’s had a couple of decent RBs at Wazzu.

To your point, it was never ‘ground and pound,’ even if guys like Henderson and Woods were very productive.

Right, their touches were mostly catches out of the backfield. I don’t dispute that...just this idea of Leach running the ball with any meaningful frequency.

31 minutes ago, hpslugga said:

Right, their touches were mostly catches out of the backfield. I don’t dispute that...just this idea of Leach running the ball with any meaningful frequency.

Don’t over complicate things.  A win is a win; who cares if done by run or pass. All ML was saying is that you have to get the ball spread between your playmakers.  Having 2 5* running backs in an offense that only uses a single back isn’t the advantage it’s cracked up to be.  

Good chance.  The funny thing is that this is mostly driven by the early 2000s alum. Several of my friends have dropped everything to head back this weekend.  Fb and Twitter have been glorious. 

Warning: I’m probably going to go TexasWolf on this gameday thread tomorrow morning...

You were probably there the same time as my wife’s cousin. About half her family went to WSU, I only went for grad school.

25 minutes ago, shnsajax said:

So the last three time I’ve gone from Boise to Pullman I have seen some random dude playing drums by himself on the side of a cliff. Closer to Boise, but still random as fuck and never seen anywhere else.

LSD's a helluva drug.

8 hours ago, Assman said:

Not gonna lie...I'm pretty pumped to watch this Gameday.  I'm enacting the rare weekend alarm clock, which is only used for 11AM Texas kickoffs.

I don't know how the ratings have been for Gameday the last few seasons, but I assume it's a downward trend.  This should be their best rating of the year, unless I'm misreading the excitement