2017-18 Spurs Thread: Probably no buckets for Kawhi

Radical Larry

6 hours ago, OMJ said:

When Manu’s locked in like that, it’s exciting to watch. A win vs Sac and we’re at least in. What happens after that....

Hoping somehow for a home court 1st round.

What happens after that is that we most likely get run in the first round regardless of who we play. If we do manage to beat one of the second tier scrubs, then we get swept in the second round by the warriors or rockets. 

What happens after that is that we most likely get run in the first round regardless of who we play. If we do manage to beat one of the second tier scrubs, then we get swept in the second round by the warriors or rockets. 

Yeah, our head to head vs all these teams sucks this year.

29 minutes ago, Hate said:

I have no idea why anyone is excited about making the playoffs this year other than for continuing a streak. We have a zero percent chance at a title or even winning more than one round.

I always wanna make the playoffs.  The last 20 years as a cowboys fan makes me understand that's an accomplishment not to be taken for granite.  

• Like 2

I want Kawhi to return and win at least 10 more titles in San Antonio and we look back on this and laugh.....

BUT....

After last night, you might be able to convince me to trade him in a package involving McCollum. That dude can fucking ball, and he has a game that I think will age very gracefully. Evan Turner is probably overpaid but he seems like a guy who would thrive in the Spurs system, too.

49 minutes ago, Hate said:

I have no idea why anyone is excited about making the playoffs this year other than for continuing a streak. We have a zero percent chance at a title or even winning more than one round.

At this point, they'd only be able to JUST BARELY miss the playoffs, so there's not a large benefit (<2% shot at the top pick) to doing that. 

Would be nice to make a little noise in the playoffs if only for Manu's swan song.

54 minutes ago, Hate said:

You could always miss the last 14 postseasons then potentially choke it away and make it 15 straight

I just want the damn season to end.

This year has reminded me of a quote from "Moneyball". A bullet to the head or five to the chest and bleed to death.

Just end it already and see whats going on with #2.

Also, it sucks because Golden State could be bored, tired, and injured (i expect them to go on a tear once the playoffs start, so meh) and this could be more open than we thought. Oh well. 

Yeah I'm on the boat for the Playoffs. Missing it would suck. I realize who we are this year, but winning a first-round matchup would be a nice little ending to the season, and hopefully even give someone a good test in round 2. I'm interested in seeing playoff LMA and what he has to offer, as well as Dejounte growing. The summer could be the end of our foreseeable window if we don't sign Kawhi, so let's deal with that later and just enjoy the playoffs with what we have for now.

I realize we're not winning it all this year, but I fucking love me some Spurs playoff basketball more than pretty much anything.  Missing the playoffs for the first time in 20+ years would be a huge kick in the junk and I will not stand for it. 

Edited by Assman