Kirk Herbstreit is a clown make-up douchebag

ztejas

32 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Ok now am I confused. Are you claiming they have played great defense or not? Because those stats are not great. And why are you comparing them with us? We haven't played great defense.

I think he’s saying our stats are comparable to theirs. Herbie’s assertion that the Aggies play “big boy defense” doesn’t seem to hold water when you compare stats to Texas. Our defense is solid but far from elite though our stats are Comparable. The poster asserts (and I agree) that Aggie really doesn’t play any elite offenses which masks how average they really are. 

Is that about right?

I like Herbstreit. He loves college football and speaks intelligently about it most of the time. 

It's a losing proposition for sports talking heads. If they're wrong once or say something bad about a team, they make enemies. Nobody can meet that standard.

I didn't like the cesspool comment and laughed at his pick of he Aggies years ago. So what? I don't think he's consistently biased beyond his actual opinion. He was right about Texas and OU in the clip above. Young raised us up to being Texas again.

It's fun to chide the best of the talking heads when they're wrong and give them their due when they're right. I like Cowherd, too. I don't hold grudges for these guys doing their jobs.

I will concede that there are many idiots in sports coverage. I guess that's another reason I cut Herbstreit and Cowherd slack; they're wrong sometimes, but they're not idiots.

At last we seem to be forever free of Dave Lapham. Holy shit, what a moron.

• Like 3
  • Fuck You 4

1 minute ago, RomaVicta said:

I like Herbstreit. He loves college football and speaks intelligently about it most of the time. 

It's a losing proposition for sports talking heads. If they're wrong once or say something bad about a team, they make enemies. Nobody can meet that standard.

I didn't like the cesspool comment and laughed at his pick of he Aggies years ago. So what? I don't think he's consistently biased beyond his actual opinion. He was right about Texas and OU in the clip above. Young raised us up to being Texas again.

It's fun to chide the best of the talking heads when they're wrong and give them their due when they're right. I like Cowherd, too. I don't hold grudges for these guys doing their jobs.

I will concede that there are many idiots in sports coverage. I guess that's another reason I cut Herbstreit and Cowherd slack; they're wrong sometimes, but they're not idiots.

Nah, fuck herbstriet.   He’s a gayfer

2 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Herbstreit is a two-faced bitch and Cowherd is a racist fuck. Please don't act like they are just as unlikeable as other sports personalities because that couldn't be farther from the truth. Enjoy your neg and have a nice day. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Negged and dismissed in less than ten minutes. Maybe I am the idoit.

Nah man you're entitled to your opinion it's just that your opinion disgusts me and I don't think either of them are very good people.

There are plenty of talking heads that I respect regardless of what dumb hot takes they spout on air - Cowherd and Herbstreit are not two of them. 

For example, Jalen Rose is annoying and a fucking moron half the time on ESPN but that dude is a borderline saint outside of the studio. 

56 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Ok now am I confused. Are you claiming they have played great defense or not? Because those stats are not great. And why are you comparing them with us? We haven't played great defense.

They are the same defense they were last year, their offense does a much better job of hiding it by controlling the clock. That defense is going to lose most of their good players after the season, too. My guess is the aggy defense is going to take a bit of a nosedive when it faces Auburn, Ole Miss, UAB, and LSU. All those teams have a functioning QB. Which is why all those games are going to be less than 1 score. I have no idea about MSU, their front 7 is on a similar level as Clemson and Alabama, but their QB is also on the level of Kentucky's.

Edited by HtownHorn

2 hours ago, hacker said:

so much gold here...i had almost forgotten what an asshat Trev Alberts is..."What's gonna happen to Texas after they go to Columbus and lose by 17 to the Buckeyes?"

Huge NFL bust...run out of broadcasting...now AD at a school that doesn't even play football..  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Serious question: Are any of those talking head morons actually not morons? Because I can't think of a single one that isn't.

Hot take alert: I used to think Craig James was actually pretty good.

Then, that whole using his position of "power" to bring down Mike Leach because Adam James was a douchebag (who obviously didn't fall too far from the tree) thing happened.

3 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

I don't think DL ever thought he was smarter than his schtick. He played the goofball. An annoying as nails on a chalkboard goofball.

Herbstreit comes across as a shwarmy douche bag with smugness sauce poured in it.  It's obvious he thinks he's portraying a neutral observer but he can't even fake it.  For God's sake, he makes Finebaum look unbiased about the SEC in comparison.

I think the TV producer of the Ohio State - Purdue game must hate himself some Herbie because they made him stand there on camera for a solid 3 minutes and dissect that glorious beatdown.

6 hours ago, Thermos H. Christ said:

If you watch things featuring sports talking heads other than actual sports games, that shit is entirely on you

6 hours ago, ztejas said:

I don't. Bored at work and visited TexAgs. You can figure out the math on the rest. 

If you visit TexAgs, that shit is entirely on you.

Edited by utee94

3 hours ago, ztejas said:

Herbstreit is a two-faced bitch and Cowherd is a racist fuck. Please don't act like they are just as unlikeable as other sports personalities because that couldn't be farther from the truth. Enjoy your neg and have a nice day. 

Why is Cowherd racist ? Everything with him is a relationship analogy, and hes a divorced loser who never goes out.

This is the most racist shit I've ever seen from a sports talking head, Rob Parker.

Who actually is coming on these new Fox sports talk shows disgusting.

7 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Wow and yet here we are 52 replies later

Should I submit my browsing history for further judgement?

You've already confessed to going to TexAgs.  No further browsing history is necessary.  You are your own punishment.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Zavala said:

Why is Cowherd racist ? Everything with him is a relationship analogy, and hes a divorced loser who never goes out.

This is the most racist shit I've ever seen from a sports talking head, Rob Parker.

Who actually is coming on these new Fox sports talk shows disgusting.

Dude he's like an out of the closet racist... Do you not remember him getting fired by ESPN?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/deadspin.com/remember-all-those-other-times-colin-cowherd-said-racis-1720163539/amp

I think he’s saying our stats are comparable to theirs. Herbie’s assertion that the Aggies play “big boy defense” doesn’t seem to hold water when you compare stats to Texas. Our defense is solid but far from elite though our stats are Comparable. The poster asserts (and I agree) that Aggie really doesn’t play any elite offenses which masks how average they really are. 

Is that about right?

Well since they play football in The Big Sky Conference it stands to reason that they wouldnt play any elite offenses and neither does aggy, aggy boy.

7 hours ago, Thermos H. Christ said:

If you watch things featuring sports talking heads other than actual sports games, that shit is entirely on you

Tell that to recruits that have better things to do than watch football all day saturday so they let espn break down the game recaps.

Yeah Herbie IS a notorious UC Davis felcher, so it is obvious why you would like him, aggy boy.d7a979d407ccb25824cd53ec93a07562.jpg
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, ousux said:

At this point he's just trolling longhorns who give him shit for his awful takes, nothing to see here.

Exactly: he is a butt hurt tOSU douche who left his shinebox in Brent Musberger’s Vaseline and dildo closet.

He is so desperate for clicks and attention, and the trolling works to some extent , like Asian click farms.

The content though won’t hold up over time, but there will be more to come Saturday night. 

He is just getting warmed up.

Expect a full frontal troll vs OSU.

6 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

Disagree:

the new sports media mantra is to get an identity- trolling is part of that “image”.

Being a great analyst or commentator is out- just look at them all, no Ron Franklin types or even Keith Jackson. Those guys were biased sure, but not ridiculously over top like now. It’s artificial self hype shit that is all “professional “ wrestling school of broadcasting.

Pathetic  pablum they think the masses want, that’s why we turn the sound down during broadcasts if you care about the game.

I used to like Kurt Herbstreit. He used to be really energetic. Now he just seems deflated. 

The problem with getting money like that is that you sell your soul. And Kurt is pretty morally ambiguous, so when in doubt he just takes the money. He needs to go find his own path, get away from what he obviously knows is a dying brand. But, I mean, how can you beat working maybe 20 weeks a year making millions.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 903Cougar said:

I can't stand Herbstreit and turn the tv on mute when he speaks.   He's a shill for Ohio State and it was unbearable to hear him go on and on about them the other night.    If Nick Saban ever came out of the closet, it wouldn't surprise me to see Kirk first in line.  

Of course he does. He played for tOSU. It’s nauseating when a former coach or player fawns over their former allegiance over indisputable facts.

Except when Mack doesn’t do it.

Edited by Spankytoes

1 hour ago, Thetexashammer said:

I used to like Kurt Herbstreit. He used to be really energetic. Now he just seems deflated. 

That's what happens when you don't choose wisely...

Michigan smokes the horns in Rose Bowl..  Strike 1

tOSU by 17 in the Shoe... Strike 2 (outside of Colt's first yr, we owned tOSU since to the point that they were starting to develop a Nebraska type complex).

OU to expose Texas in the RRS...  Strike 3

Aggy to win B12 south... Strike 4

USC in blowout... Strike 5

38 minutes ago, Gaffords said:

That's what happens when you don't choose wisely...

Michigan smokes the horns in Rose Bowl..  Strike 1

tOSU by 17 in the Shoe... Strike 2 (outside of Colt's first yr, we owned tOSU since to the point that they were starting to develop a Nebraska type complex).

OU to expose Texas in the RRS...  Strike 3

Aggy to win B12 south... Strike 4

USC in blowout... Strike 5

I member in the championship game against the Gators, tosu thought that TD on the opening kick off was game over. Ginn injured himself celebrating lol.

The announcers kept saying oh Florida doesn't have a real speed advantage blah blah...

Then the Gators held them to 82 total offensive yards.

12 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

I was with you until you complimented Cowherd. He's a hot take wizard with little solid analysis.  He's better than First Take but that's not the bar for quality. He may not be a moron but he definitely plays one on TV. As for Herbstreit, y'all are insane. He's not a massive Ohio State homer. He obviously likes them since he's an alum and started at QB there, but he acts reasonably neutral on air considering he is covering college football. He literally left Ohio because relentless, insane Ohio State fans harassed him constantly for not being sufficiently pro-Ohio State on air.

As for the cesspool comment, yeah I don't like that, but it's overhyped and overplayed. And let's be honest, Belmont sucked donkey balls at the time and honestly could be described as a cesspool. Charlie (while I bring it up because Herbstreit did in his comment please let's avoid relitigating any of this saga) did get fucked by the cesspool in Belmont a bit and he definitely never had the full backing of the boosters (not saying that excuses or explains his putrid performance in while because it definitely does not as there really isn't an excuse for losing to that shit Kansas team nor for many of the other coaching miscues). Did Herbs go to far in his commentary there? Of course. There's no doubt he talked shit because he was mad at how we treated Charlie and possibly mad about other things as well. He definitely talked beyond his knowledge there and he was wrong because of it, but him and Fowler are still the best in the business in terms of commentary and he's probably the best talking head (low bar, I know).

As for today's comments? He's right that the a Texas A&M defense looks good. The issue is he thinks it is good because of that. The reason it looks good is because it hasn't faced a high powered air attack outside of Bama and outside of Clemson and Bama have only played terrible QBs. The only way the statement Texas A&M plays big boy defense is true is if you take it to mean good at stopping one dimensional runs. Luckily for A&M they have no chances to be exposed by a decent team with a great aerial attack until bowl season. My bet? They go 9-3, only losing to LSU over the rest of the season.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

7 hours ago, TheFlyingBoat said:

Charlie (while I bring it up because Herbstreit did in his comment please let's avoid relitigating any of this saga) did get fucked by the cesspool in Belmont a bit and he definitely never had the full backing of the boosters

Oh for fuck's sake don't even think about starting this shit. A dead donkey could coach Texas to 6 wins every year. 

I think it's more likely the "cesspool" contributed to a shitty bailout coaching hire. 

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

Oh for fuck's sake don't even think about starting this shit. A dead donkey could coach Texas to 6 wins every year. 

I think it's more likely the "cesspool" contributed to a shitty bailout coaching hire. 

Did you both reading the line after that where I said literally none of that justifies his atrocious performance or nah?