Saturday Football Smorgasbord

Underdog

perfect example of offense not getting a targeting call in the USC-ASU game... ball carrier drops helmet to lead into tackling defender with forcible contact, but no call. If defenders are going to get called, offensive players should as well. The rule sucks ass, but it not being enforced correctly or consistently is worse

attention LA UBER drivers there is a possible VIP pick up needed at the LA Coliseum......this gentleman will need a ride home and PS he might be in a really bad mood and please do not bring up college football or USC specifically for "small talk"

and looking at this game if Firm for Herm wins he will be 4-4 which is hardly an amazing record especially in the PAC 12 this year.....but yet somehow he has massively exceeded most people's expectations.....ASU might be on to something here just hire a guy that gives you such low expectations that 4-4 is considered doing great at that point in the season

2 hours ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Smorgasbord is 1 of 3 Swedish words used commonly in the English language.

can anyone name the other 2?

"Hey" has to be one, but I don't know if that's exclusively Swedish.

Edited by JBJ

2 hours ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Smorgasbord is 1 of 3 Swedish words used commonly in the English language.

can anyone name the other 2?

Koldtbordt? Lutefisk?  Lefse?  When I lived in northeastern Montana, all of these delicacies were served to my then kindergartner for lunch at the public school, ca 1987. "Ufdah" was a common oath, and I still use it from time to time. 

Edit: Prob Norwegian.....

Edited by bmbmd

1 minute ago, satyanash said:

I know we joke about USC losing at all but we really need the Trojans to win as much as possible moving forward, especially with the way TCU looks to be cratering.

Really we just need USC to win 1 game... and thats against ND

1 hour ago, taybo20 said:

24-7 ASU

And then U$C went 8 plays 90 yards for a TD with 13 seconds left in the half.

And then ASU took a knee to go into half.

And then U$C took the 2nd half kickoff and went 9 plays 87 yards for a TD.

And then ASU fumbled on their first play.

And then U$C threw a TD on the next play.  

Holy shit, Herm.

1 minute ago, Beau Vine said:

Holy shit, Herm.

A Manny Wilkins style meltdown...haha

12 minutes ago, satyanash said:

I know we joke about USC losing at all but we really need the Trojans to win as much as possible moving forward, especially with the way TCU looks to be cratering.

Fuck USC. The season will play out based on how well Texas finishes. Recruiting is why we want USC to suck. Them beating ND is the only win I’ll hope for.

11 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Holy shit, Herm.

Details shmetails. Herm’s a big picture guy

2 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Utah State leads New Mexico 52-5 at the half.

Now you've done it. That's like opening up the seventh seal of hell and shitty or schmitty or whatever the fuck he's called now will show up and tell us how that's a fluke, they should have beat them and they just keep getting getting discriminated against or they would be in the big 12 or whatever. 

1 hour ago, taybo20 said:

perfect example of offense not getting a targeting call in the USC-ASU game... ball carrier drops helmet to lead into tackling defender with forcible contact, but no call. If defenders are going to get called, offensive players should as well. The rule sucks ass, but it not being enforced correctly or consistently is worse

Yep. In that TTU/ISU game tech received that bs targeting call. Then a play or two later Montgomery(ISU RB) purposely dropped his head to “punish” the tackler.  Way worse than the hit on the ISU QB. Absolutely used the crown of the helmet and initiated the head to head contact. I have no problem with making the game safer. I don’t think the game will suffer too much from taking these head to head hits out. I do have a problem where a defender can’t even make a play on a qb passing the ball and hits him in the chest/shoulder and gets tossed. 

2 minutes ago, pops said:

Now you've done it. That's like opening up the seventh seal of hell and shitty or schmitty or whatever the fuck he's called now will show up and tell us how that's a fluke, they should have beat them and they just keep getting getting discriminated against or they would be in the big 12 or whatever. 

I have so much respect for the USU football program.  Clearly the second-best football program in the state, behind the Utes.

• Like 1