Big 12 CCG Scenarios

Horndog

On 11/6/2018 at 11:35 AM, Al_4_ISU said:

Exactly.  The only way a 1 loss OU gets left out is if the current 4 all win out.

Texas was in the same spot prior to the OK State loss.  A 1 loss OU or UT isn't getting left out unless there's some kind of really unlikely outcome among ND and every other power conference.

I would add to that if UGA beats an undefeated Bama for the SEC title and none or one of Clemson, ND, and Michigan lose. 

I do agree with the other poster that a 12-1 B1G champ Michigan is ahead of a 12-1 B12 champ OU, and I have no problem with that.

12 minutes ago, TXSooner518 said:

I would add to that if UGA beats an undefeated Bama for the SEC title and none or one of Clemson, ND, and Michigan lose. 

I do agree with the other poster that a 12-1 B1G champ Michigan is ahead of a 12-1 B12 champ OU, and I have no problem with that.

Michigan does have the better loss thus far

With the way we finish games, I'm not getting my hopes up...

But realistically, the winner of our game vs. ISU next week has a legit shot at the big 12 championship game. Both have 2 losses in conference play. ISU beat WV, does that trump the overall record? WV has to survive Okie Lite first, then the gooners. ISU has to play KState.

And we have to stop shitting the bed in the second half of games.

Still wide open.

On 11/8/2018 at 12:00 PM, TXSooner518 said:

Yep, plus they would be on a 12 game win streak and the B1G is slightly stronger than the B12 (at least for teams in the B1G East).

Disagree.

http://www.adjustedstats.com/cfbconfstren.php

The Big 12 isn't just better than the Big 10, it's better than the Big 10 East if you throw out the bad half of their conference.

Edited by Huckleberry

I cannot make heads or tails of the tiebreaker rules in the event that either OU or WV lose next week then win the following week. Obviously it's highly unlikely OU loses to Kansas but I'd say it's reasonable that OSU could take down WV but WV still rallies to beat OU.

http://www.big12sports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=10410&ATCLID=1546006

Assuming we all win next week, and we beat Kansas, it seems that if OU beats WV, they rematch the next week, if WV wins, they gave us.

I do not like OU

1 minute ago, Treefidy said:

So there's 4 scenarios remaining:

OU/WV

ISU/OU-- ISU has to win out and WV to drop one of their 2 (they could afford a loss to KSU if WV drops both)

UT/OU-- win out and WV drops both

UT/WVU--win out and WV beats OU

That's it, right?

Correct

My interpretation of this is OU would be the odd man out if they lose to both Texas and WV. Assuming a 3 way tie. 

So if WE WIN OUT and Oklahoma State wins against WV next weekend it would guarantee that we are in the Big 12 championship. The OU/WV game wouldn't even matter. 

Correct me if I'm wrong. It's not crazy to think WV could lose to Oklahoma State on the road. 

Edited by texasstrong12

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

If WVU loses one more and we win out, we each have 2 conference losses and they advance on head to head. They need to lose 2 or OU lose at WVU. If they only lose 1 and OU loses 1 and we win out, it's a 3 way tie and I'm sure we get fucked somehow.

If it is somehow a 3 way tie, it's Tex/WV because they both have head to head over ousux

Just now, mdmost said:

But if oSu beats WVU, WVU beats OU, and we win out, it's a 3 way tie where we get fucked like 2008. 

No because the resumes are compared against each other first. Since it isn't a situation where each team beat the other, head to head wins out. 

3 minutes ago, taybo20 said:

No because the resumes are compared against each other first. Since it isn't a situation where each team beat the other, head to head wins out. 

Yeah. If WV loses to Oklahoma State on the road next weekend I think we are in if we win out. No matter the result of the OU/WV game. 

1 minute ago, texasstrong12 said:

Yeah. If WV loses to Oklahoma State on the road next weekend I think we are in if we win out. No matter the result of the OU/WV game. 

Yep. Root for pokes next week, and obviously we still need to take care of business. OUsux/WV will determine who we play

• Like 1

It's probably been said already, but the easiest way to explain this is, we win out and if WV looses today the horns are in. Unless WV and ou sucks tie next week. Of course WV beating ou next week does the trick also if we win out.

Bump. This is short and sweet. And correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Just now, Landomatic said:

Dude you’re over thinking things.  Fixed it for you.

I'm taking into account how the team played when the coaches talked up them being on the top of the conference before dropping 2 games. In an interview this last week, herman said they completely changed how they approach that and leave that shit completely out of it because the team didnt respond well to it.

Am I reading this correctly? It looks like next week doesn't matter one way or the other... If we win tonight, then we are in? Obviously we should beat Kansas, but does it make a difference?

Edit: I was trying to quote the max Olson Twitter chart in Post #77. Obviously I messed it up.

Yes we have to win next week too for the extra conference win
  • Like 1