The Beto Effect - How To Lose Elections and Influence Nothing

tantric superman

1 hour ago, Poe It Up said:

Voting what’s best for your family is selfish. You should take food off your children’s plate and give it to others you animal! 

You people are the dumbest mother fuckers to walk the earth. Yeah I'm sure fatty is going to end up on skid row unless we keep those Republicans in office.

I would however like to take food off of the plates of centibillionaires and corporations that use profits to buy back stock and cry poor anytime they face anykind of adversity and expect us to bail them out.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 2

16 minutes ago, Grade of D as in David said:

You people are the dumbest mother fuckers to walk the earth. Yeah I'm sure fatty is going to end up on skid row unless we keep those Republicans in office.

I would however like to take food off of the plates of centibillionaires and corporations that use profits to buy back stock and cry poor anytime they face anykind of adversity and expect us to bail them out.

Work hard and get your own. You won’t need to take from others. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 6
  • Drool 1

22 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Mack was leading one of the best teams in the nation for a decade, before he rested on his laurels.  The state of Texas is an economic powerhouse no matter how much some of its policies hurt your feels.  If you don’t think that can be stymied by the wrong leadership, I don’t know what to tell you.

Strong was a charismatic guy who had no real chops. Lots of hoping he could reenergize and bring something new in.  

Let's dig into what you said here. Mack Brown came into the flagship university of a state with an embarrassment of riches when it pertains to football. Despite being the flagship university in THE richest football state in the country, we only won the conference twice. By the end of his tenure, we were a laughing stock in the CFB world, and Mack was let go BECAUSE of this. 

Now look at Texas. We are what we are because of oil. Without that we are one of those states to the right of us. We used our oil money to build ourselves into an economic powerhouse. Then we turned our eyes on other industries and have created quite a diverse portfolio. Fast forward to now. This state has worked hard to diversify, and attract companies from states like California. Enter Greg Abbott and current Texas leadership not understanding how to read a room. Your current trajectory when it comes to legislation is targeted at people who are not long for this world. Meanwhile the youth, newly relocated, and would-be companies thinking of relocating and bringing their dollars here are now at a pause because your policies do not fit their world views. 

So yes, your Mack Brown analogy is spot on. A guy who inherits something good, caters to the olds, doesn't understand that he's flushing it down the toilet, and ultimately his ideology isn't attractive to the current targets thereby finding them looking elsewhere. Our running back, line, and QB rooms at the end of the MB era say hello. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Grade of D as in David said:

You want to scroll up 3 posts where you talked about "working hard to get your own, and not taking from others"?

Quite the quick flip flop

We wouldn’t have functioning government without it. They give far more than they could ever receive. 

• Fuck You 2

17 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Let's dig into what you said here. Mack Brown came into the flagship university of a state with an embarrassment of riches when it pertains to football. Despite being the flagship university in THE richest football state in the country, we only won the conference twice. By the end of his tenure, we were a laughing stock in the CFB world, and Mack was let go BECAUSE of this. 

Now look at Texas. We are what we are because of oil. Without that we are one of those states to the right of us. We used our oil money to build ourselves into an economic powerhouse. Then we turned our eyes on other industries and have created quite a diverse portfolio. Fast forward to now. This state has worked hard to diversify, and attract companies from states like California. Enter Greg Abbott and current Texas leadership not understanding how to read a room. Your current trajectory when it comes to legislation is targeted at people who are not long for this world. Meanwhile the youth, newly relocated, and would-be companies thinking of relocating and bringing their dollars here are now at a pause because your policies do not fit their world views. 

So yes, your Mack Brown analogy is spot on. A guy who inherits something good, caters to the olds, doesn't understand that he's flushing it down the toilet, and ultimately his ideology isn't attractive to the current targets thereby finding them looking elsewhere. Our running back, line, and QB rooms at the end of the MB era say hello. 

I thought it was pretty good, myself.   And we're getting ready to usher in Charlie.  And his mistakes will be blamed on the empty cupboard left by Abbott, while he's fucking up coin tosses and forgetting his QB's name.   And fuck you for bringing all those memories I had successfully stashed away, back to the front. 

Edited by fattyflattie
  • Fuck You 1

16 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

I did.  But let me try another way. When I vote, I look at what I feel will impact me and my family’s life either for the better, or less for the worse.  I don’t think about you, or what affects it has on your life, for an instant. If the things we care about align, great. If they don’t, well, them’s the breaks I suppose.  You win some, you lose some.  Yay 2 party system. 

This post makes you seem like a real piece of shit.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Weird, because I recall in February of 2021 when several hundred people froze to death in the dark because of your industry.  And the politicians you defend and vote for.

You got a glimpse of the world without our industry. Not a pretty picture. 

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 6

1 hour ago, fattyflattie said:

President's continue the policies and procedures of their predecessors all the time.  You do remember Obama locking kids in cages, no?   If not, I've got some news for you.

It's just unreal to me how you can be so fucking intellectually dishonest and morally reprehensible

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, Poe It Up said:

The next time you add anything to the conversation will be the first. 

Brady Bunch K GIF

It amazes me that I have also made my living in the energy industry, but unlike you and Fatty, I do not vote like a selfish cunt.  I also embrace green energy, because a tide that lifts everyone up is a good thing.  And make no mistake, that is what the green revolution will be, similar to the industrial revolution in the late 1800's/early 1900's.  It isn't my fault you are too stupid to learn and understand new things.  

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

40 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

I thought it was pretty good, myself.   And we're getting ready to usher in Charlie.  And his mistakes will be blamed on the empty cupboard left by Abbott, while he's fucking up coin tosses and forgetting his QB's name.   And fuck you for bringing all those memories I had successfully stashed away, back to the front. 

As long as you acknowledge that Charlie was brought in to FIX something that was already broken. 

• Hook 'Em 2

16 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

I did.  But let me try another way. When I vote, I look at what I feel will impact me and my family’s life either for the better, or less for the worse.  I don’t think about you, or what affects it has on your life, for an instant. If the things we care about align, great. If they don’t, well, them’s the breaks I suppose.  You win some, you lose some.  Yay 2 party system. 

You vote against your children’s interests and your own when you continue to vote for a party that would like to overturn our way of governance. It’s more than just short sighted, it’s stupid.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Brady Bunch K GIF

It amazes me that I have also made my living in the energy industry, but unlike you and Fatty, I do not vote like a selfish cunt.  I also embrace green energy, because a tide that lifts everyone up is a good thing.  And make no mistake, that is what the green revolution will be, similar to the industrial revolution in the late 1800's/early 1900's.  It isn't my fault you are too stupid to learn and understand new things.  

It amazes me you can find the time to send 23 consecutive negs.  You are such an insufferable person.  I've seen you, I can surely understand.  But Christ on a cracker. Work on yourself a bit, you'll feel better. 

• Fuck You 7

4 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Brady Bunch K GIF

Great. Until then fossil fuel is the reality and the reason you’re having this conversation on the internet. Embrace it. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 3

47 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

This post makes you seem like a real piece of shit.

Just that one? He is a real piece of shit. He tells us over and over and over and he’s loud about it. Stop treating him like he’s anything other than an awful person

Edited by hobbes2702
  • Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

It amazes me you can find the time to send 23 consecutive negs.  You are such an insufferable person.  I've seen you, I can surely understand.  But Christ on a cracker. Work on yourself a bit, you'll feel better. 

Like I said, this is who he is.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, hobbes2702 said:

Just that one. He is a real piece of shit. He tells us over and over and over and he’s loud about it. Stop treating him like he’s anything other than an awful person

Good point. I feel bad lumping Poe in with Fatty. Fatty seems like an awful person, but Poe posts like he has a room temperature iq and I bet his lips are moving as he reads this post.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Grade of D as in David said:

Good point. I feel bad lumping Poe in with Fatty. Fatty seems like an awful person, but Poe posts like he has a room temperature iq and I bet his lips are moving as he reads this post.

I’m sitting in a sauna, so I guess I’m a genius. Thanks. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

25 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Lulz, ok internet tough guy.  This is hilarious since you do not know me at all IRL. You are a sad little man with small dick syndrome who cares for no one but himself.  I really feel bad for your wife and kids. Do us all a favor and go post on TexAgs.  You fit in a lot better there.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Lulz, ok internet tough guy.  This is hilarious since you do not know me at all IRL. You are a sad little man with small dick syndrome who cares for no one but himself.  I really feel bad for your wife and kids. Do us all a favor and go post on TexAgs.  You fit in a lot better there.

Yet, I can go to sleep at night knowing that no matter what tomorrow brings, or how shitty today was, I'm not waking up Penelope Witherspoon.  Thank you for that. I hope you have the weekend you deserve. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 2

12 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Yet, I can go to sleep at night knowing that no matter what tomorrow brings, or how shitty today was, I'm not waking up Penelope Witherspoon.  Thank you for that. I hope you have the weekend you deserve. 

This is weird and is oddly reminiscent of another poster…

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Funny you mention small dick syndrome. Fatty had a whiny post in the boat thread last week complaining about people on the lake listening to the Big Dick Energy song and having to explain it to his daughters. My first thought was that it was offensive to him since he doesn't have BDE.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, royiv said:

Funny you mention small dick syndrome. Fatty had a whiny post in the boat thread last week complaining about people on the lake listening to the Big Dick Energy song and having to explain it to his daughters. My first thought was that it was offensive to him since he doesn't have BDE.

lol.  Yeah that's it.  Not that I wouldn't want my 6 and 7 year old daughters listening to another filthy fucking Democrat.  

• Fuck You 2

2 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

lol.  Yeah that's it.  Not that I wouldn't want my 6 and 7 year old daughters listening to another filthy fucking Democrat.  

How about explaining to them what “let’s go Brandon” actually means?  I’ve had the pleasure of explaining to a few kids in front of their parents who have said it, that it means their parents are too afraid to say the f-word, but they desperately want to say it.   Even had one of my cousins try to say that’s not what it means, and I pull out my phone and offer to find the video clip on YouTube for them to explain to their kid, and she got very embarrassed.

I’ve also enjoyed pointing out that Trump likes to say “goddamn” anytime somebody around me claims he’s a good Christian.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

How about explaining to them what “let’s go Brandon” actually means?  I’ve had the pleasure of explaining to a few kids in front of their parents who have said it, that it means their parents are too afraid to say the f-word, but they desperately want to say it.   Even had one of my cousins try to say that’s not what it means, and I pull out my phone and offer to find the video clip on YouTube for them to explain to their kid, and she got very embarrassed.

I’ve also enjoyed pointing out that Trump likes to say “goddamn” anytime somebody around me claims he’s a good Christian.

I would have no problem explaining that.  It’s pretty simple.  Those people are stupid, and think they’re clever. They don’t like the new president, and are using the “F” word towards him. Fin.   

But the next ski boat blasting a “let’s go Brandon” song will be the first I’ve seen. But flags, for sure. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

33 minutes ago, elfenix said:
11 hours ago, Poe It Up said:
No, my issue is that we have no idea who or what is coming through our border. 

And the Republicans don't want to fix that.

Not as much a I’d like. I’m just too depressed after that Texas loss to debate. Fuck me. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

• immamac changed the title to The Beto Effect - How To Lose Elections and Influence Nothing