The Citadel 7 , Alabama 7 in second quarter

NowThis

I don't think everyone there has to be a cadet and I think cadets aren't in ROTC unless they join. That may have changed.

No. Everybody at The Citadel is in the Corp of Cadets. You can choose to accept a commission after four years but they remain in the Corp for all four years... much like VMI.

Dad and uncle attended.

3 minutes ago, TexasBeta said:

No. Everybody at The Citadel is in the Corp of Cadets. You can choose to accept a commission after four years but they remain in the Corp for all four years... much like VMI.

Dad and uncle attended.

I want to say that rule changed at some point, but I may be wrong. Are they part of ROTC or is that separate like A&M corps?

I want to say that rule changed at some point, but I may be wrong. Are they part of ROTC or is that separate like A&M corps?

I don’t know. Good question. Both my dad and uncle were commissioned in the Army.

I can’t bring myself to put those sheep f@cking farmers and graduates of The Citadel in the same sentence.
  • Like 2

From their website.

While every cadet must successfully complete a course in one of four ROTC departments each semester, cadets are not required to work toward a ROTC commission, or to accept a ROTC commission should it be offered.
  • Like 1