Baylor vs Texas Tech (Arlington)

SimonBolivar

8 minutes ago, BluTechsan said:

This.

Baylor's "rebuild" is an indictment on Kliff's entire tenure at Tech. That the Bears have out-recruited Tech and are now putting better talent on the field with depth to back them up is really all one needs to know.

Kirby, go find someone that can recruit to Lubbock. That's all that really matters.

Ole Kliffy might be gone if his buyout is not too bad, and Venables has already agreed to take the job.....

1 minute ago, 'stache said:

I’d hate to see coach bro go. I like when Tech sucks. I wish the bowls would shun Baylor, out of principle, but it seems nobody cares anymore that they put football above the safety of their female students and covered it up.

I'm little confused here. Didn't the Bears self-impose a bowl ban after the B12's slap on the wrist regarding Rapegate?

3 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I’d hate to see coach bro go. I like when Tech sucks. I wish the bowls would shun Baylor, out of principle, but it seems nobody cares anymore that they put football above the safety of their female students and covered it up.

You can at least take comfort in the fact that OSU got destroyed by Tech in Stillwater the last time Kliff coached a game up there.

14 minutes ago, BluTechsan said:

This.

Baylor's "rebuild" is an indictment on Kliff's entire tenure at Tech. That the Bears have out-recruited Tech and are now putting better talent on the field with depth to back them up is really all one needs to know.

Kirby, go find someone that can recruit to Lubbock. That's all that really matters.

Good luck. Tech has never had a HC that could recruit to Lubbock. They've had some success with system guys that could consistently make bowl games with the occasional "great" year. Maybe there'll be a "name" guy available and who's looking for a soft landing spot that the admin can stomach . 

his team reflects him....they just do not give a shit about the "small stuff" they can get up for a game against a Texas team that is shitting the bed, but when it comes time to beat other teams that are maybe a little better, just as good or probably worse they simply do not give a fuck to put in the effort

Kliff has not given a shit about penalties (especially BIG ones at TERRIBLE times), the clock, special teams or much of anything besides getting yards (and some points sometimes from that) and when you go 4+ years with that dumb ass attitude it is going to infest your program no matter how long you stay around and no matter how much (or how slightly) you try and give a little shit about that

7 minutes ago, BluTechsan said:

I'm little confused here. Didn't the Bears self-impose a bowl ban after the B12's slap on the wrist regarding Rapegate?

Last Season Bowl Ban......

"The Baylor football team’s chief objective hasn’t changed one bit in the last three weeks: Send the seniors out with a bowl game.

The only difference is the Bears are a little more desperate this time.

After failing to become bowl eligible following losses to Iowa State and TCU, the Bears will get their last chance against Texas Tech in Saturday’s 11 a.m. regular season finale at AT&T Stadium in Arlington."

Edited by LTtxfan

Just now, El Diablo said:

Good luck. Tech has never had a HC that could recruit to Lubbock. They've had some success with system guys that could consistently make bowl games with the occasional "great" year. Maybe there'll be a "name" guy available and who's looking for a soft landing spot that the admin can stomach . 

I didn't mean out-recruit Texas and OU. I meant out-recruit Baylor.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

his team reflects him....they just do not give a shit about the "small stuff" they can get up for a game against a Texas team that is shitting the bed, but when it comes time to beat other teams that are maybe a little better, just as good or probably worse they simply do not give a fuck to put in the effort

Kliff has not given a shit about penalties (especially BIG ones at TERRIBLE times), the clock, special teams or much of anything besides getting yards (and some points sometimes from that) and when you go 4+ years with that dumb ass attitude it is going to infest your program no matter how long you stay around and no matter how much (or how slightly) you try and give a little shit about that

Most likely goes back to his coaching experience. Who'd he learn from?

1 minute ago, El Diablo said:

Texas State would be perfect for Kliff. San Marcos is calling his name.

that would not be a bad idea for them to take a risk with a 3 year deal that is not too large and that leaves Tech on the hook to pay some of it

as long as they can bring in some dinosaur that Kliff respects to "give advice" and manage shit like special teams and the clock 

19 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Does he even try to recruit?  Spike Dykes, Leach and Tuberville all at least could get a few 4 star players there.  Like was said above, they didn't outrecruit Texas, OU and A&M, but they were above the other Texas schools at least.  They have worse players now than everyone in the conference except the two Kansas schools.

He's recruited good QBs and WRs, but not much else.  

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

Last Season Bowl Ban......

"The Baylor football team’s chief objective hasn’t changed one bit in the last three weeks: Send the seniors out with a bowl game.

The only difference is the Bears are a little more desperate this time.

After failing to become bowl eligible following losses to Iowa State and TCU, the Bears will get their last chance against Texas Tech in Saturday’s 11 a.m. regular season finale at AT&T Stadium in Arlington."

https://www.wacotrib.com/sports/baylor/football/baylor-refutes-report-of-football-bowl-ban/article_cc0c521b-a063-57e8-abb2-764138055770.html

2 minutes ago, Lobo said:

And if KSU and TCU lose, we are all gonna fill 5 bowl slots?

If OU doesn’t go to the playoffs and nobody gets a bid to a NY6 bowl other than the Sugar we currently will fill every bowl except the Armed Forces Bowl.  If one of K State or TCU win then we fill them all.  If both win we’d send a team to the next best available bowl unless someone gets a NY6 at large bowl.

1 minute ago, LTtxfan said:

Don't laugh, but Bama analyst job is probably next for Kliffy....

Saban would love to steal his offensive knowledge for at least a Season or two...

Nope.

He’s going to have other HC offers and even if not he’d be one of the hottest OC’s in the country.

Also game planning for Saban against the SEC isn’t going to help Kilff out in any way.  If anything Texas or Oklahoma would pay him.

3 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Bro has proven his worth as a developer of QBs. He just isn’t a HC. And being in the Panhandle isn’t an excuse. It’s just not. 

Being in the panhandle is not THE excuse.

It is most definitely a contributing factor. It might as well be on the moon the first time you visit there.  You'd better have your ducks in a row and momentum of the program going if you hope to draw talent.

See Also: basketball and baseball programs.

Just now, slorch said:

Being in the panhandle is not THE excuse.

It is most definitely a contributing factor. It might as well be on the moon the first time you visit there.  You'd better have your ducks in a row and momentum of the program going if you hope to draw talent.

See Also: basketball and baseball programs.

I grew up there. Amarillo high sandie and all of that shit. I’m just saying Michigan sucks as a place to live so does Norman and Kansas and Iowa and it’s just not the first excuse I’d use. Not saying you are it’s just I have tech family members and they always mention the location and recruiting as though they are resigned to sucking. Austin is awesome. See how many championships we have? 

2 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

I grew up there. Amarillo high sandie and all of that shit. I’m just saying Michigan sucks as a place to live so does Norman and Kansas and Iowa and it’s just not the first excuse I’d use. Not saying you are it’s just I have tech family members and they always mention the location and recruiting as though they are resigned to sucking. Austin is awesome. See how many championships we have? 

Yeah.  Great athletes will happily go play in middle of nowhere towns if they think they can win games there and get a shot at going pro.

Also, fuck the Amarillo High Golden Showers.

2 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

it is convenient to Tech fans so they can cling to the stupid "do more with less" even though the reality is Tech has plenty of resources to be a better program

but their fans are more interested in a cult of personality coach that can develop his own "reputation" Vs developing the Tech football program

1 minute ago, ButtFumble said:

it is convenient to Tech fans so they can cling to the stupid "do more with less" even though the reality is Tech has plenty of resources to be a better program

but their fans are more interested in a cult of personality coach that can develop his own "reputation" Vs developing the Tech football program

Yeah, yeah, you hate Leach.  We've heard it before.