OU opens as -7.5 favorite over Texas

Xcalibur

6 minutes ago, Mikey4 said:
10 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:
I’ve crunched the numbers and OU sucks.

I've updated the number crunching. I can confirm that as of 3:00, OU still sucks.

I can tell you that only 8 minutes have passed since your last crunching of the numbers, and I, too, can confirm that ou does in fact still suck

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, CowboyFred said:

I can tell you that only 8 minutes have passed since your last crunching of the numbers, and I, too, can confirm that ou does in fact still suck

Actually you're both wrong - because you didn't account for the fact that it's 3:11 PM in Austin, Texas and OU still sucks.

2 minutes ago, Gaelic said:

I hope Tom lets the team know about this and puts a big chip on their shoulder.  Can stand the fought of OUvwinning and Ewok winning the heisman

Yes. I'm sure the locker room is super concerned about what Vegas thinks.

🙄

I think the line makes sense in terms of Vegas getting money on both sides, which is all they want. Tons of people are very high on OU. Not losing since their loss to us in October. Scoring all these points. Meanwhile Texas had "ho hum" victories to end the season against subpar teams. That is the narrative many outsiders have who bet but don't really follow the teams. And they just saw OU score 59 on WVU on the road. Even being where we are, Texas still is not really respected or taken seriously.

Anyways, this game is going to be fucking weird. Seeing Texas/OU played in December and outside the Cotton Bowl. It isn't right. But thanks Big 12 for this dumb ass setup we have.

• Like 4

Just now, Gaelic said:

No but if they feel like they’re getting slighted, it could be one more thing to light a candle under their asses for this game.

If you don't have a candle lit under your ass for a conference championship game, especially it being against your biggest rival, well then you need to check your pulse at the door. Vegas odds and lines should not be motivating. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Gaelic said:

I hope Tom lets the team know about this and puts a big chip on their shoulder.  Can stand the fought of OUvwinning and Ewok winning the heisman

Your posts reek of bitchassedness. Texas doesn’t need a big chip on their shoulder. Texas is gonna show up ready to beat the fuck out of the sooners, and they’re gonna do just that.

• Like 1

With Sam's shoulder hurting and his struggles vs Kansas, along with BJones questionable status, Collin not at 100%, and both Texas RBs banged up ...........it wouldn't surprise me to see the line move closer to Texas +9.5 by Saturday.  

The B12 Conference's only shot for a team in the CFP is BlowU, plus I'm sure ESPN would love to have a Kyler vs Tua matchup...... Might see a few more calls (or noncalls) go the way of crimson in the early game Saturday.  

BlowU has to win Big for any shot at CFP, so they will be looking to run up the score on Texas.....

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

The B12 Conference's only shot for a team in the CFP is BlowU, plus I'm sure ESPN would love to have a Kyler vs Tua matchup...... Might see a few more calls (or noncalls) go the way of crimson in the early game Saturday.  

All the more reason for us to beat the ever loving shit out of OU. I want a thorough beat down, like what we were doing to them going into the 4th quarter of RRS. I'll take being the underdog and having ESPN talking up OU all week, about what the matchup will be for CFP. Just like going into the 2005 USC game, the pressure is all on OU, we need to come out and just smack their ass up and down the field. 

Edited by DreadHead
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Alien Octopus said:

Win the Big XII

Beat OU, again

Ewok gets nothing

Hagar shaves his scrotum

What's not to play for?

I hope Hager takes out a Randy Jackson signed Katana at midfield after we win and cut those locks Mulan style.

Kyler will wake up in his crib the next morning with flowing golden locks under his covers.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

BlowU has to win Big for any shot at CFP, so they will be looking to run up the score on Texas.....

No one is running up the score on this Texas team. 3 losses by 8 points. Fuck out of here with that pessimistic horseshit.

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

I think the line makes sense in terms of Vegas getting money on both sides, which is all they want. Tons of people are very high on OU. Not losing since their loss to us in October. Scoring all these points. Meanwhile Texas had "ho hum" victories to end the season against subpar teams. That is the narrative many outsiders have who bet but don't really follow the teams. And they just saw OU score 59 on WVU on the road. Even being where we are, Texas still is not really respected or taken seriously.

Anyways, this game is going to be fucking weird. Seeing Texas/OU played in December and outside the Cotton Bowl. It isn't right. But thanks Big 12 for this dumb ass setup we have.

Agreed. Will be really weird to have to beat them twice for a conference title, but it sure as hell will be fun doing it. 

1 hour ago, BurntEyes said:

Don't say stupid shit and I won't have to be a "pretentious asshole".

The thread title is OU opens as a favorite so it's pretty much implied that betting will be discussed herein. 

So... I come back to don't say stupid shit won't be no shit.

I know this is probably really difficult to wrap your small one-track head around, but there is a reason I deliberately did not start this thread in the Gambling forum.

The purpose of this thread is to say “fuck ou,” and paraphrasing “maybe we’ll beat THEM by 7.5 points.”  Your shitty pedantic “discussion” about why Vegas sets odds the way they do and actually insulting people over your Vegas “insight” is worthless. Maybe try adding value to your posts.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

I feel the same way. Playing them twice in a season with this one in Jerry World just isn't right. I think the rapture will occur on Saturday.

Just now, Whatever said:
2 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

I feel the same way. Playing them twice in a season with this one in Jerry World just isn't right. I think the rapture will occur on Saturday.

Agreed. Never wanted to see this game in Jerryworld. College atmosphere in that place sucks cock

• Like 2